• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finding New Hobbies

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110
Hey fellow Smashers.

I recently retired from Brawl Modding and am at a loss of what to do now.

This is one of those identity crisis dealies where I had a good number of hobbies and now I've lost interest in almost all of them (modding being one).

Does anyone have any hobbies they enjoy outside of Smash? I'm open to suggestions.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
I like to make Cosplay items and other such in-game items.

I've made a Splatoon Fishfry visor (working on a splatoon Cosplay) and a full Team Fortress 2 Medic Cosplay.

why not try being creative with cloth instead of code? lmao

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Drawing/Art is a pretty good hobby and I've been doing so for just about 10 years now; however I understand it's not for everyone as it does take a lot of patience (and just like Smash you don't improve instantly). There are various forms you could try to learn though so it's not always limited to just one material. Plus if you ever get good enough at it you could start taking commissions and start getting paid for it so I don't think it's not too shabby of a hobby at all. Again though, it takes a lot of patience.

Other than that, collecting things can be a pretty fun hobby but also costly. I've been collecting various things over the past few years (my newest addic-I mean... "Collection" has been Amiibo actually) and I find it satisfying to watch your collection grow.

I also find it fun to reorganize what you collect and find various ways to make it look nicely displayed.

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Aside from drawing which is already mentioned above, I do like fan fiction, even if I'm not so much of an expert myself.

What I mean by that is I've been thinking of a original Mario-verse based adventure fan fiction, where the story and content are formatted in a typical RP topic which was also what I used to do years ago before high school. I'm still thinking of writing it eventually some day now with a maintained imagination for about 8 years now.

But that's just me. That was all back when I composed imaginations of Melee's adventure mode and Paper Mario at ten years old. Oh well. I will say that's how I thought up of my user name, so there's that.

Last edited:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Yeah... I pretty much have a hobby in collecting things similar to KirbCider KirbCider . I started collecting Yu-Gi-Oh cards since my high school days (and I still do) but now I'm an amiibo collector after looking at KirbCider KirbCider 's extensive collection in another thread.

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
Running when I can. I also love to read books, watch Pre-Code Hollywood movies, and write fanfiction. (I have a Pilotwings drabble I need to edit.)

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
I usually go for walks any time I can, it's good for your health and is a great way to think about life and listen to music.
I'm not sure if listening to music counts but I do that some times.
I also make videos for youtube, draw whenever I can and sometimes write. I also have a dream of animation but I'm not sure if you'd be into that.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Collect stuff, Amiibos are a good idea. I used to collect Pez dispensers, but that can get expensive after at least 3-5 of them at once, so I stopped that. There's also just plain gaming as a hobby. I'm not one to do hobbies, but I'm just helping out by giving ideas.

Top Bottom