• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finals Brawlfest Tourney (Orlando/Oviedo, FL) 5-1-10 (Doubles and Singles)

nevershootme

Smash Master
Doubles
1: kyon + gdx ($30.00)
2: co18 + mk18 ($18.00)
3: gallax + fearless ($12.00)
4: exdeath + trott
5: strawhat + hiroi
5: sensei + CRSN (**** kobe, go magic)

Singles
1: co18 ($30.00) (DDD, Snake, 5% MK)
2: hrnut ($20.00) (Snake, MK, Falco)
3: gdx ($10.00) (Diddy)
4: mk18 (Wario, MK)
5: kyon (Peach)
5: fearless (Olimar)
7: raz (Pikachu, MK)
7: exdeath (MK)
9: strawhat (Wario)
9: hiroi (Peach)
9: trott (Falco)
13: sensei (Mario)

CO18

Smash Hero
Meh it was a bad set he ***** my snake though but i made alot of mistakes, his oli seems mad legit now though

HRnut was 3-1 both times i think, first vs his falco then vs his mk/snake

edit nvm it was 3:2 lost on brinstar ddd vs snake then on delfino snake vs mk, every other match i used ddd though

And naw me and gallax didnt play

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
hey co18 used mk its not d3 snake...stop trying to mask your gayness co lol

Hrnut on GDX's account

CO18

Smash Hero
Naw son 8-bit knows. using mk on strawhats cp out of boredom aint legit u can add it if u want i dun care but i doubt it should be counted

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol well i used marth in tournament too that should be added, and it doesn't matter who u used him on you used him, it should be counted don't try to make it seem like you don't play gay characters too lol

trying to time out kyon on Norfair cuz u couldn't beat him lol :p admit it mk user :laugh:

Hrnut on GDx's account

CO18

Smash Hero
how was I trying to time out kyon lol we were both just camping I had to approach more since he has a better projectile.

you can put mk I dont care lol but how am I an mk user you physically used him to try to win since ur falco and snake wasnt cutting it lol thats called being an mk user

yo gdx do you plan on having any of the vids up soon I havent had like any vids since like august lol

edit: lol @ 5% mk

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if it was on my wii from the tourney (and if people remembered to save it), ill try to get them on within the week. i havnt even hooked my wii back up yet since the tourney so i havnt seen how many there are

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
I used snake twice, how was my snake not cutting it i won one and lost one (because of delphino), lol if i wanted to win i would've its that simple...after not eating for 15 hours and 4 hours of sleep i pretty much didn't care lol d3 has too many gay stages vs snake (with mlg rules) for me to want to try to not get walked off or wall infinited into.

Your character is simple and dumb for snake, grabs at 0 on certai stages mean death with no skill needed, call it johning but its true cuz even if i had went to 5th game there would've been at least 3 to 4 available gay stages i would have to play on (norfair, Green greens, delphino, frigate *which always gays me* rainbow cruise, its really not fun fighting d3 with snake

so i'm officially quitting snake, this tourney even though i was bored tired and hungry really made me hate snake cuz i got camp by almost everyone...and i realized how much i hated that the entire night, so i'm just gonna main mk, don't care if i win or lose, i just know my chances go up by playing mk

edit: i might secondary snake main mk. and i will be timing people out if i have to :laugh:

CO18

Smash Hero
back to the old hrnut, say hes gonna main one char then goes back to mk.

I dont understand your reasoning though lol mk prob gets camped worse than snake and snake still has an insane projectile, obviously mk's better but your reasoning was meh.'

And how would you have won if you wanted to rofl who would you have went all snake? that wouldn't work man.

And you just named like 3 stages that help snake vs ddd, frigate,norfair and prob green greens unless you get infinited dumbly lol

Id stay snake if I were you but its ultimately your decision dont know who you plan on beating with mk that you couldn't with snake. maybe brik since he sucks in dittos but thats prob it and OOS your snake would be a much bigger threat

CO18

Smash Hero
No, he wouldn't hes done it before. I dont understand how hes complaining about people camping when his char has the best projectile game of the cast rofl. IM the one who should be complaining if anything ddd along with ics gets camped the hardest but you dont just see me running around complaining when he should just learn his bad mu's like I did for falco a mu where I get camped way harder then anything you probably face. practice does good.
And as far as I know snake mains have nothing to complain about since ally wins like every tourney and 70% of nationals just means they need to step it up.

He does this all the time but I thought he was actually serious about staying snake this time and practicing snake he did good at mlg ****** most the ppl he played, 2-0ing shadow just losing to ally and atomsk(whom he apparently played bad against)

OverLade

Smash Hero
Dedede beats Snake 60/40. Ally is just way better than every player besides M2K by a huge margin you know this CO.

CO18

Smash Hero
And? ddd has much worse mus then 6:4 And I dont even think DDD vs snake is 6:4 tbh. Theres a solid cover strat for everything DDD can do just whoever makes fewer mistakes. Mk is still Snakes worst mu then ddd. Unless pika is harder but I didnt pay attention to esam vs fatal/candy even though he 3 stocked them or w/e

OverLade

Smash Hero
And? ddd has much worse mus then 6:4 And I dont even think DDD vs snake is 6:4 tbh. Theres a solid cover strat for everything DDD can do just whoever makes fewer mistakes. Mk is still Snakes worst mu then ddd. Unless pika is harder but I didnt pay attention to esam vs fatal/candy even though he 3 stocked them or w/e
I see no evidence that MK is harder than Dedede, I'd argue that they're about the same difficulty but Dedede has to know a lot less and put in a lot less effort to win than MK does. And Pikachu def isn't that hard they're just on Crack for losing to Esam lol. And this game is about reads, not mistakes. Anything is a mistake if it gets read. But the comparative read advantage goes to D3 moreso than MK vs Snake.

CO18

Smash Hero
Not at all just no snakes know how to fight DDD xcept Ally now. Every other snake just tries their hardest to have some projectile somewhere and avoid grabs which can be adapted too. Allys learned a pretty effective way and he ***** every DDD save for me and atomsk. ***** lain, ***** seibrik's(who came back to win 2 straight with mk) and seibrik knows ddd vs snake extremely well and out 34243423 sets they've had Atomsk still has Never beaten Ally with dedede, meanwhile Ksizzle wins like 30% vs ally seibriks 1-1 with him sets even Holy took a set off Ally with his metaknight this past weekend. Im the only DDD that can beat ally and our matches are evenish and thats only because Im one of the few people he just cant simply outsmart and I know some of his gimmicks too.

I forgot even atomsk got ally to switch off his snake with METAKNIGHT last time they played meanwhile after like 2 years his ddd hasn't been able to cut it.
I dont think any ddd think its 6:4, even seibrik for along time has believed its prob switching to snakes favor.

Some other top player should pick up DDD and start taking sets off him like they do with MK especially since "DDD has to put in alot less effort than MK does and is a simple char" as you say.

gallax

Smash Hero
u know who else is good against snake? marth is!!!

d3 vs snake = ddds favor easily. ally is smarter than every smasher in the world. he could probably beat d3's with donkey kong or mario. he makes every matchup look to be in his favor, cuz hes smarter than everyone.

gallax

Smash Hero
btw, co. i have a simple question for you.

how many snakes have u lost to in the past year? how many have u beat?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol all this talk of changing chars. just letting you guys know, i'll quit brawl before i stopped making diddy my main.

Props to Gary for being too good in teams.

co, i definitely gotta find ways to kill you. I cant get ahold of you when you get to death percentage...and then i get angry and take unnecessary damage due to bad spacing/nerd rage and still cant kill you..its just a snowball effect from there. Just gotta work on staying calm even when you (or other heavies) wont die

nick, same with you. I had you both to like 200+ % for more than one stock in some games. O well

GDX on GDX's account

OverLade

Smash Hero
I think Marth beats Snake slightly as well, though CPs can sway the matchup in either characters favor.

Lade on Redhalberd's account

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
gonna format my computer, so vids are gonna be delayed by a day or two. Im tired of my vids having these skips, and this is the only way to get rid of it. But I definitely have like at least 8 singles vids and GF of doubles to put up. I'll post in here again when everything is done

gallax

Smash Hero
i think marth definately has a slight advantage against snake. playing against a marth who knows the correct spacing against snake make life super tough.

Top Bottom