• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally some more Representation!

Super_alex2

Smash Journeyman
With the addition of Diddy for the DK series, and Meta Knight and King Dedede for the Kirby series, do you think that other series such as F-zero, Earthbound/Mother, or even Kid Icarus will be represented by more than one character?

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
probably f-zero and earthbound/mother will get more than 1 represenative.pit on the other hand probably has about a 5% chance of having another representative due to the fact that hes a new character to smash bros. and his past games have really no other main characters.

finalark

SNORLAX
Metroid gets Ridley,
F-zero ....don't know
Earthbound/mother already got Lucas
I think Metroid will probably get one of the Hunters from ether MPH or MP3

F-Zero, well, I would like to the the Mighty Gazele as a playable.

Mother: I don't know much about that series, can't really say.

Metaknightvision

Smash Cadet
Dark Samus would be too 'samey' to Samus though. Even if the moveset aint the same, the character model would be almost a clone = boring :S

If its one of the MP3 hunters, It should definately be the Plasma Beam wielding one (Forgotten ze names :p ), or, preferably Ridley.
My only fear with them using Ridley is they try and be 'cool' and use Meta Ridley or something. Super Metroid Ridley > Meta Ridley

finalark

SNORLAX
I honestly don't see how Ridley would work as a playable, for one thing, he always fly and never really walks. I just can't see him in there.

I honestly don't see how Ridley would work as a playable, for one thing, he always fly and never really walks. I just can't see him in there.
Get used to it. The fact is he has a higher chance of being in the game than any newcomer. That's not an opinion. Besides, he has the same body type as Charizard. Wait, isn't Charizard going to be in Brawl? Goly jee, he will!

Metaknightvision, look at the Dark Samus thread and you'll see that that's just not true. As I say repeatedly, Link and Ike are about as similar as they are in appearence, but nobody calls them clones of one another.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord

Mewtwo didnt walk.

New Kid Icarus character= No

New Metroid character=Ridley

New Starfox character=Krystal

New F-Zero character=Black Shadow

New MOTHER rep= Claus

New Pokemon rep=Lucario

New Mario Rep=Paper Mario (unless he gets his own Icon. doubt it)

New Zelda Rep=WW Link or Wolf Link (With Midna) cant decide : \

We already have enough DK and Kirby reps.

Fire Emblem= I D K there are so many choices I could almost never decide on one saying ive never played one.

Metaknightvision

Smash Cadet

Metaknightvision, look at the Dark Samus thread and you'll see that that's just not true. As I say repeatedly, Link and Ike are about as similar as they are in appearence, but nobody calls them clones of one another.
Ill have a look there now :p But typing this response without looking, Link and Ike aren't really similar :S thats like saying Marth/Roy are like Link :S Ike using a 2Handed weapon (though in several screens looks like 1H to me :p ), and Link wields a 1H sword and Shield :S other than both wielding a shield, I dont see them being clone-like o_0 and Samus and Dark Samus, other than teh same palette (sp?), they are just the same build :S If anything i see Dark Samus beig an alternative costume/colour for Samus personally. but thats just my 2 cents!

Ill have a look there now :p But typing this response without looking, Link and Ike aren't really similar :S thats like saying Marth/Roy are like Link :S Ike using a 2Handed weapon (though in several screens looks like 1H to me :p ), and Link wields a 1H sword and Shield :S other than both wielding a shield, I dont see them being clone-like o_0 and Samus and Dark Samus, other than teh same palette (sp?), they are just the same build :S If anything i see Dark Samus beig an alternative costume/colour for Samus personally. but thats just my 2 cents!
Well no offense, but you're just using classic counterarguments that have been said and discredited hundreds of times already making your point seem weak, so yea, check out that thread. :)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well, their suits have different features as well as Samus being more bulky..
As well as the Phazon suit(red/black) being confirmed as an alt discredits that..

Metaknightvision

Smash Cadet
In fairness, i do troll these forums more casually then the hardcore posters, so sorry if i ain't knowledgable about everything! :p The classic counterarguement?? I admit, i love Smash Bros. to bits, and I can say I'm as crazy as alot of people on this forum for Brawl, but I'm most definately not hardcore, so that classic counterarguement to me is just a casual players POV :p I personally, if i saw 2 pictures of Samus and Dark Samus would think "yeah alot alike" - I didn't say move sets, but hell im sure they could get away with just cloning her character model and adjustig it as much as they did say with Ganondorf and C.Falcon...

And im babbling, and sounding like im trying to provoke an arguement for no reason.. and im not.. im tired... Blah! :p *trolls somewhere else* ^.^

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I am sure Mother's second character will be Claus
We can't say for sure. For all we know, it's Boney. Also, the only true downside I can see to his chances is that he'd be like the eighth sword user assuming Marth, Young Link, and Ganondorf return.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
In fairness, i do troll these forums more casually then the hardcore posters, so sorry if i ain't knowledgable about everything! :p The classic counterarguement?? I admit, i love Smash Bros. to bits, and I can say I'm as crazy as alot of people on this forum for Brawl, but I'm most definately not hardcore, so that classic counterarguement to me is just a casual players POV :p I personally, if i saw 2 pictures of Samus and Dark Samus would think "yeah alot alike" - I didn't say move sets, but hell im sure they could get away with just cloning her character model and adjustig it as much as they did say with Ganondorf and C.Falcon...

And im babbling, and sounding like im trying to provoke an arguement for no reason.. and im not.. im tired... Blah! :p *trolls somewhere else* ^.^
Sorry, I know you don't want an argument,
but by your logic, Mario and Luigi should be the EXACT same, FLUDD and all

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mario: Geno and/or Bowser Jr.
Zelda: Midna, and the new and improved Young Link in cel-shaded awsomeness FORM! :)
Donkey Kong: K. Rool, but that is VERY DOUBTFUL!
Metroid: Ridley, or Sakurai sucks.
Star Fox: Krystal. I bet your wife on it.
Fire Emblem: Marth, maybe Roy/a new rep.
F-Zero: Just Captain Falcon, since Sakurai clearly doesn't give a care about F-Zero or Samurai Goroh.
Pokémon: Lucario

Mother won't get repped unless in the slim chance well...Ness returns. Claus is a no-chance as a PC, other then alternate colors probably, or at least IMO.

And that's it IMO, unless I forgot a major franchise, lol! XD

:grin:

Well you didn't read hard enough. Bye.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Mario: Geno and/or Bowser Jr.
Zelda: Midna, and the new and improved Young Link in cel-shaded awsomeness FORM! :)
Donkey Kong: K. Rool, but that is VERY DOUBTFUL!
Metroid: Ridley, or Sakurai sucks.
Star Fox: Krystal. I bet your wife on it.
Fire Emblem: Marth, maybe Roy/a new rep.
F-Zero: Just Captain Falcon, since Sakurai clearly doesn't give a care about F-Zero or Samurai Goroh.
Pokémon: Lucario

Mother won't get repped unless in the slim chance well...Ness returns. Claus is a no-chance as a PC, other then alternate colors probably, or at least IMO.

And that's it IMO, unless I forgot a major franchise, lol! XD

:grin:
Cool list :)

EPX2

Smash Ace
We can't say for sure. For all we know, it's Boney. Also, the only true downside I can see to his chances is that he'd be like the eighth sword user assuming Marth, Young Link, and Ganondorf return.
1. What makes you so certain that Ganondorf will be using his sword?
2. Why is there always a stigma attached to suggesting another sword-using character when no one seems to have any problems with suggesting yet another character who fights using their fists?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
2. Why is there always a stigma attached to suggesting another sword-using character when no one seems to have any problems with suggesting yet another character who fights using their fists?
1. I can't see him without a sword. I should've mentioned that as an IMO.
2. Because we've had four characters, two of which were highly supported and considered shoe-ins, who are ATs that use swords.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Because Ganondorf + Sword = awesome, plus he's already a SMASH character.

3D King

Smash Journeyman
Boney for Brawl!

Metroid can have Ridley
F-Zero... I'm guessing Black Shadow (Is that his name? He drives the Black Bull)
Mother if there are any more it is almost certainly Claus
Kid Icarus, if anymore come in which I doubt, could be Eggplant Wizard.

Phantom Fox

Smash Rookie
For the most part if I was to mention anything on the other series, I would essentially be echoing already stated sentiments. Though on the subject of another Kid Icarus representative, I could imagine Medusa (her humanoid form) being pretty cool... particularly if she got a make over like Pit. I doubt she will be in mind you, but she is the best option for a second representative I can think of for the particular series.

Top Bottom