• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

finally have a vid of myself

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
ive been wanting to show some kirby vids of me playing and my friend was able to record us playing. here is the result:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6cg-WWjiYw

not the best kirby in the world, and i do make plenty of mistakes, but at least i beat him ;). ill post more vids when i have some free time.

some noticeable mistakes: i dont grab and jab enough. grabbing ive always had a problem with...but how are you supposed to jab a swordsman >_>. also, at one point i turn into a stone. that was not some uber mindgame, that was an accident :chuckle:.

comments welcome =D

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
This Kirby isn't bad at all except that he doesn't hammer/grab/jab like you said. Hammer approaches are good. Grabs rack up damage. Why say more? You already know about it.

Another Explaination of Hammers (You Might Already Know)

Oh what the heck, I'll say more. Hammers, they rack up good damage and can easily lead to combos. Hammers stun your opponents well unless they Crouch Cancel. If they do crouch cancel, eat some punishment or jump away. Once you've landed a successful aerial hammer, there are many choices you have. A smash? A Tilt to an Aerial Combo? A grab to a tilt and then to an Aerial Combo? etc. Some other beneficial way to use the hammer are, techchasing someone on a platform for a swing. Others are when you're on a ledge and hop back on, while you hop you do a reverse hammer. If your opponent gets hit by it, it's combo time!

The Secret Of Grabbing too Much

If you do, you tick off your opponents and they go psycho. When they go psycho, they totally become approachers. I mean, what if you were up thrown until 100% damage and didn't hit your opponent at all? I don't go for the up throw because it gives good damage. It's probably the longest time consuming throw. Being thrown like that 8-12 times is very frustating. If your opponents have swords and a incredibly long hit box, here's the secret to grab them everytime. It's called a taunt. Lasers will force you to move, but Kirby saying "Hiiii!!!!!!" will force you more (I hope). Once they do approach, they chose to retreat or attack. What ever they did you have a better chance of grabbing them. If they SHFFL a spaced Fair with Marth, ever heard of a Roll Dodge behind, though it is risky. Go for a throw. Once the throw has been done, taunting that many times, throw again. An all throw Kirby, is truly one annoying thing. [/opinion]

How to Jab Giant Monkeys and Sworded Guys

Giant monkeys have great Hitboxes and Sworded Guys have it too. The secret how to do that is too...
... Not jab out of the blue! You have to link it up to other moves. Such as tilt, then jab. Grab and then jab. Smash (Nooo!! Don't go too far!!), then jab. You should really ask T!mmy about jabbing. I mean he thought me.

Video: Jabs are just too good
↑ Oh no. I show the video again. D:

King Kirby 90

Smash Apprentice
Ok let me comment on your first video. At first I have to say that you did a good job considering it is your first one. I wouldn't say that you should use the aerial hammer more than you actually did. I think the Marth was quite used to play against Kirby and knew that he can hit you after the aerial hammer. You shielded his attack but the more you use it in a match the better the timing of your opponent gets. On the grabbing thing you are right there were some situations in which you performed a dash attack where a JC grab would have been the better option. Nevertheless your Shield Wavedash works very good against a fsmash spamming Marth. The thing I didn't like the most was your edge game. The recovery aswell as your edge guarding has to get a lot better. The Final Cutter you performed next to the edge was the perfect lead up for a sweetspotted fsmash. Was that a birthday present? ;)
You have two options there: The first is to sweetspot the edge with the Cutter so that your opponent isn't able to hit you that easy and when he does you are still able to wall tech it. The second one is the so called Cutter Anti-edgeguard. You pull out the Cutter right under or beside the stage so that you hit your opponent with the upward and downward hit of the sword and Marth gets the meteor of the downward animation. He will cancel it for sure as it is that slow but you are still in a better position than him as you can follow up with a ledge-jumped aerial or something. You often tried to edgeguard Marth with a dair and nearly didn't hit him once. In most situations a bair just after running down from the stage performed right after the falling animation would have been the best choice. Ah and at least I have to say I like you Dash Dancing / WD game. It is kind of useless but looks very flashy :p

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
You did very well in this match. Don't ever try to do aerial hammer against people. It just isn't worth it especially against marth and people that know how to counter it. Kirby is a character that needs to avoid punishment at all costs. Its good that you didn't use it. Your approaches were very good although your edge skills need some work. Never final cutter above the edge like you did, cause the chances of being punished are increased. (especially against marth) you could have DIed closer to the edge and evade or drop down and final cutter. Although the evade might be better cause the marth might expect you to do the cutter and grab the edge or chase you. Use the marth trick for edgegaurding or the Bair. Also on your third life you could have done the final cutter closer to the wall so as to get closer to the edge to get on top although im not sure if you would have made it. Very good footwork btw. Kirby really needs it.

smasher32

Smash Journeyman
I really appreciate the compliments on the handy footwork. My main is actually fox, so I really need to work on it a bit more imo...but I'm glad you guys approve :p.

Interesting ideas for the edgeguarding/recovery though. I know kirby has a fairly nice edgeguarding style but I never seem to use it very well .

Thanks for the tips :).

edit: maybe too many faces >_>

Top Bottom