• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally got some videos up, against Ken too!

Pdiz

Smash Apprentice
Yep so here we are! I got to go to Ken's last biweekly and play him in the singles. Although I'm sure you guys already know who won, I'm very pleased with how I did to say the least. Here are the two matches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjs6mS2NyxU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlgmsQMtN6w

I also had the honor to play the legendary Taj, haha, and yeah, his mewtwo is insane. I don't think his videos do him justice as to how good he is. He also beat Ken in the singles tournament btw.

Feedback is always welcome. Enjoy!

Metà

Smash Master
Wow, just wow. You are one of the best Mewtwos I've seen in quite a while--and I'm not just being generous, that was amazing.

I'll go more in depth when I have time, but you are amazing--and against Ken! Taking two stock off Ken's Marth using Mewtwo is quite an accomplishment.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Awesome Mewtwo, man. You showed great perserverance during Ken's assaults. Excellent teching and your combos were good. Standing up to Ken's Marth and being able to take two stock both times proves your level of skill is quite high.

Keep repping Pokemon #150, man!

Eggm

Smash Hero
Good stuff man I really enjoyed your m2, that tech was awsome lol xD. And yes i agree taj's videos don't do him justice, I was lucky enough to get to play him back in AZ, his m2... and all his characters have a certain taj pressure he puts on you, but back to your mewtwo.. impressive man, i've never seen m2 combos vses marth before that was awesome, keep it up. m2 for above kirby on the teir list.. kirby sucks.

Pdiz

Smash Apprentice
very nice mewtwo, did u get to vs taj's mewtwo also?
Yeah I did get to play Taj. I'm not gonna lie... Taj absolutley destroyed me, haha. But we did pretty much the same against Ken's marth, as far as with mewtwo is concerned. Taj only got 1 stocked by Ken's marth, but that was because Ken 0 percent suicided when he air dodge off the cliff after Taj pulled him through the edge on FD.

Thanks for the support everyone!

Khorsan

Smash Apprentice
That was ****ing fantastikupo. I don't think I've ever seen a Mewtwo match video that awsome before. I definately need to take a close look at those combos you do; my Mewtwo has troubles with that marth, and I could use some extra tricks.

The only critisizm I have to say is stay away from that horrible 100+% attack recover from ledge (pulls self over ledge and attacks with hand swipe); the lag on that attack is horrible. Admittedly, I sometimes fall for it too, but that's usually when I forget that I'm above the requiset percent and I want a tail strike.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Yeah I did get to play Taj. I'm not gonna lie... Taj absolutley destroyed me, haha. But we did pretty much the same against Ken's marth, as far as with mewtwo is concerned. Taj only got 1 stocked by Ken's marth, but that was because Ken 0 percent suicided when he air dodge off the cliff after Taj pulled him through the edge on FD.

Thanks for the support everyone!
did u get any vids against taj? im assuming not since u probably would have had it up by now eh.

thats good to hear, and your welcome.

happy smashing :p

Pdiz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I used to have a huge time with marths, until I realized it was all about spacing. Just wait for marth to make that one mistake, then wavedash with the dtilt in ftw. The nice thing is marth is pretty easy to combo, and he can't really protect himself from below, so throwing him up following by the uair works pretty well as you could tell. The hardest thing about marth, besides it ridiculously long hard hitting fsmash is trying to edge guard him. His sword stops any bair attempts and he can sweet spot. Maybe you could try the light shield anti sweet spot technique? I haven't tried it out much -- good experimentation.

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
lightshield trick IS awesome, i use it as often as i can, it drives marth nuts. if he makes it ON the stage, just stand back up and bthrow him. and its very quick to setup too. tiny bit slower than wavedash to edgehog.

the main problem against marth is approach, drive me nuts.

ill try out what u suggested pdiz. mass spacing ._.", fair combos, and upthrow + upairs.

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Really great. Taking off 2 stocks from Ken's Marth while using Mewtwo is quite an accomplishment.

I'm not exactly a Mewtwo main, but I have a few comments (well, two, but only one is about your gameplay)

At 1:00 of Match 2, you launched that Shadow Ball. Now, I don't know much about Mewtwo play, but I would have saved it for an edgeguard. That's all I have to say about your gameplay, everything else was great.

As for comment 2 : Near the end of Match 2 (around 3:10, I think), I chuckled at Ken's Tipper through the log. I don't know what, but something about that made me chuckle. :laugh:

Laijin

Smash Hero
Yeah I used to have a huge time with marths, until I realized it was all about spacing. Just wait for marth to make that one mistake, then wavedash with the dtilt in ftw. The nice thing is marth is pretty easy to combo, and he can't really protect himself from below, so throwing him up following by the uair works pretty well as you could tell. The hardest thing about marth, besides it ridiculously long hard hitting fsmash is trying to edge guard him. His sword stops any bair attempts and he can sweet spot. Maybe you could try the light shield anti sweet spot technique? I haven't tried it out much -- good experimentation.
Could you explain what the light shield trick is and how to do it? And how it works?

Pdiz

Smash Apprentice
I don't completely understand how it works, but I believe you get as close as possible to the ledge (by rolling into it?) and then hold down Z to get out the light shield. Then we marth goes for the sweetspot when recovering, mewtwo (or anyone really) will immediately grab the edge, therefore ninjaing the edge. I've only done it once when testint it out. I could be missing an important detail.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Wait. I dont get it.
So you get to the edge as close as possible by rolling. Then you light shield while Marth is using his up b to sweet spot, then you'll somehow land on the ledge instead?

Im confused

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
With the floaty characters, you have to light shield and direct the shield downward and toward the ledge and when Marth uses his up b, you must fast fall instantly to ensure the ninja edge hog. There should be examples of PC Chris vs Ken that show him utilize it with Falco. The fast fallers have it very easy, because they don't have to fast fall for it to work.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Alright. I just watched all six videos of PC chris vs Ken at MLG 2006 NY finals.
I saw PC chris light shield a few times, but it was not near a ledge. So..im still pretty confused as to what your talking about.

Hope you can make it to Nate's on friday with the rest of the digipen guys Paul. :D
I'll have to watch these now, i remember you had some pretty cool techs.

Taj278

TIME TO GET PAID!
BRoomer
Alright. I just watched all six videos of PC chris vs Ken at MLG 2006 NY finals.
I saw PC chris light shield a few times, but it was not near a ledge. So..im still pretty confused as to what your talking about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk8U98Vhp9o&mode=related&search=

1:41 Though not the best example, because M2K didn't utilize it correctly, it shows how it works at least in a tournament match. PC used it on Ken at either MLG Dallas or MLG Anaheim, I don't remember which, since it was so long ago. :(

Laijin

Smash Hero

technomancer

Smash Champion
Wait. I dont get it.
So you get to the edge as close as possible by rolling. Then you light shield while Marth is using his up b to sweet spot, then you'll somehow land on the ledge instead?

Im confused
That's correct sir, but while you're shielding, you must hold away from the stage to pull your shield off the side. That way, Marth's blade will hit the opposite side of your shield and cause you to fall off and grab the edge first.

Top Bottom