• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally a decent falcon moveset video

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
http://youtu.be/xJbxzpBW2z0

credit goes to the maker of this video,after browsing through tons of vids made by players who only know how to press b, this is actually a video that shows all the moves of falcon(noncustom)

so what do u guys think?
for me, i think they finally remove those 2 soaps tight under falcon's feet in brawl, he's no longer slippery. his uptilt can be a meteor if hit right in the beginning, besides that most of his moves still send the opponent in the same direction as brawl-falcon. knee's definitely easier to land, but short hop immediate fair without fastfall doesnt seem to remove the landing lag, same goes to dair, but these need more confirmation.
up b is shorter, doesnt do the weird brawl mechanic which slides into the stage if reach the stage at the highest of the move.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
http://youtu.be/xJbxzpBW2z0

credit goes to the maker of this video,after browsing through tons of vids made by players who only know how to press b, this is actually a video that shows all the moves of falcon(noncustom)

so what do u guys think?
for me, i think they finally remove those 2 soaps tight under falcon's feet in brawl, he's no longer slippery. his uptilt can be a meteor if hit right in the beginning, besides that most of his moves still send the opponent in the same direction as brawl-falcon. knee's definitely easier to land, but short hop immediate fair without fastfall doesnt seem to remove the landing lag, same goes to dair, but these need more confirmation.
up b is shorter, doesnt do the weird brawl mechanic which slides into the stage if reach the stage at the highest of the move.
So this is my first time seeing all of Falcon's moves done for the sake of showing them off individually, finally.

What I noticed differently that I didn't notice before was how big the visual effect a sweet-spot Knee shows. Seriously he was showing his moves, & it makes a Smash series symbol of the lines when it connects. The manliest character in Smash gets some Smash series representation via Knee hinthintwinkwink.:shades:

I also saw U-air landing for the first time in Sm4sh, & was impressed by that because a dash grab is practically guaranteed by that setup due to Falcon not getting that much landing lag if none at all. I noticed Falcon's U-tilt at it's pinnacle spiked a sandbag but this was the first time for me seeing it land on a computer fighter, & it looked sick.:shades:

EDIT: @ 2:16, he Falcon Dives the ledge, snapping it. But the best aspect of that moment was when he ledge-jumped & began landing on the ground. HE HAD NO RCO LAG, AKA, FALCON AUTO BUFFED FOR SM4SH!!!!!!!!!:4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon:HYESZ!

Last edited:

HVDooD

Smash Cadet
Falcon kicks ass in this game, one of the only good things about it.

Last edited:

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
Oh my God, his dash grab looks so quick. Imagine all the mid-range punishes we can get with it! Also, bthrow becomes a kill move at high percents, while bair's powerful knockback became a wild tool for edgeguarding. And Raptor Boost (now another kill move) easily gets all those upB landing lags who refuse to grab a ledge in order to get to the stage.

One thing that made me intrigued though is the very low base knockback for the Falcon Punch. Peach is light and had already taken some amount between 15% and 20%, and yet the pawnch sent her not even as far as the previously used Falcon Kick.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Huge improvement, wow. I can already see lots of different potential links and different percentages.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Wait! His Utilt can spike now?!

I've realized that now that players cannot immediately act out of hitstun the way they could in Brawl, actual combos with Falcon, from Uair/Nair to Knee, or Dair to Knee can be see as realistically viable. Hopefully, this increases his usefulness in the metagame, since I've always liked playing around with Falcon; Brawl and its hitstun mechanic ruined him.

Last edited:

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
Dat Knee of Justice! so does this confirm melee falcon is back?

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
I'm in love with that dash grab. All around, Falcon looks promising, I can't wait to see what tricks people figure out with him.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Sweet jesus this is what I wanted to see. I'm subbing Falcon and like, 2 other characters, and this is great news for me. I really think they could've straight ported him from Brawl and it would've worked alright, just because of combos, but they BUFFED him too, which is even better!

Apparently Knee is even stronger(holy ****!) and now that you can reliably combo into it, sweet lord.

AND THAT UTILT, YES! Finally a use for it! That looks like a really good edgeguard, and if it can hit people on the ledge, that'll be amazing!

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Glad to see Chapta Farukon is at least considerably better than his Brawl counterpart.

I used falcon in melee for fun...and loved to combo and use the Knee of Judgement upon impure souls.

Top Bottom