• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What do you think it will be?

Personally, I'm thinking something involving the Comet Observatory.

Also, why isn't the subforum called "Rosalina & Luma" like "Pikmin & Olimar?"

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
She could have a bunch of Luma's attack or something.

I'm going with something I call Star Bit Shower. Rosalina does her trademark spin, and the starbits from Galaxy fall from the sky. They come in clumps. Each color gives different types of damage:
red, yellow, green, blue, purple, and white
Red = Fire
Purple and White: Knockout

RyanR

Smash Apprentice

I'm going with something I call Star Bit Shower. Rosalina does her trademark spin, and the starbits from Galaxy fall from the sky. They come in clumps. Each color gives different types of damage:
Red = Fire
Kind of like a meteor shower?...

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Actually, I could see her Final Smash being summoning a lot of Lumas, and then she waves her wand as they all attack.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
This sounds interessting. I do not hope its Meteor Storm tho, since it would be too similar to PK Starstorm ~

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
actually, why isnt it called Luma & Rosalina? like Pikmin & Olimar?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

Red = Fire
I'd be okay with this, Would make an interesting Final Smash. Shouldn't the colors have different percentage of damage?

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I'd be okay with this, Would make an interesting Final Smash. Shouldn't the colors have different percentage of damage?
yeah, but someone else can make that up.

to finish the properties of the final smash:
Red = Fire
yellow = electricity
green - green fire
blue = freeze

actually, why isnt it called Luma & Rosalina? like Pikmin & Olimar?
Because Pikmin get top billing in the game that Olimar is from.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I've been thinking about the Comet Observatory maybe having something to do with her Final Smash too, like for one example, the thing just comes crashing down onto the stage.

I love the idea of a meteor (or star bit) shower, though in terms of the meteor shower, depending on the status of Ness and Lucas Final Smashes are the same.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Here was my idea for one, posted on the 'Challenger Approaching' thread a while back:

Cosmic Spirit
This is a 'trapping' style of final smash, similar to Link's. If Rosalina unleashes her final smash while facing a nearby opponent, she will morph into her spirit form for a brief second, and then will possess the opponent in the form of a blue orb, much like she does in Super Mario Galaxy 2. Rosalina then has full control of the victim for 12 seconds. She can choose to either use them to beat up other foes, or could simply jump them off a ledge (which will not affect Rosalina's stock, it counts as a death for the victim only). When the final smash completes, Rosalina re-appears and continues playing regularly.

What do you think?

Really want it to involve this guy:

He shows up in the background, and Rosalina blasts him with star bits until he's massive. Then he plops down into a random part of the stage and transforms into a massive sun. The sun draws in opponents. It starts weak at first but gets stronger and stronger eventually drawing any one even remotely close into the inferno. The sun burns opponents as long as they're touching it then sends them blasting outwards when it disappears.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

He shows up in the background, and Rosalina blasts him with star bits until he's massive. Then he plops down into a random part of the stage and transforms into a massive sun. The sun draws in opponents. It starts weak at first but goes stronger and stronger.
You want her to use a broken image for her final smash?

StupendousMike

Smash Ace

He shows up in the background, and Rosalina blasts him with star bits until he's massive. Then he plops down into a random part of the stage and transforms into a massive sun. The sun draws in opponents. It starts weak at first but gets stronger and stronger eventually drawing any one even remotely close into the inferno. The sun burns opponents as long as they're touching it then sends them blasting outwards when it disappears.

So like Iceberg, but actually effective? I like it!

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Luma replaced with Lubba, whose sheer size & weight makes him hit way harder.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I hope it has something to do with the black holes you can fall into in Mario Galaxy. That or I could see her getting something similar to Luigi's Negative Zone. I just hope she doesn't get a PK Starstorm kind of attack.

EDIT: I could see Hungry Luma doing something similar to Kirby's final smash. It eats everyone then explodes into a galaxy, blasting people off.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I would love something involving those huge fat-*** Lumas you have to feed with your star bits.
That just gave me a freakin horrific idea. What if she started shooting star bits into characters until they swelled up exploded lol.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I'm hoping it's something like this black hole scene in Super Mario Galaxy's ending (go to 2:02):

and that it's called "Welcome New Galaxy"

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
Prankster Comet!

Three comets will fly by overhead, one after another in succession, dramatically changing the match.

First, Speedy Comet will fly by. Rosalina's speed will be doubled.

Then Romp Comet will follow shortly afterward, filling the stage with random enemies thatwill attack all other characters.

Finally, the Daredevil Comet will fly by, adding an extra 300% to everyone's damage (except Rosalina, of course).

After a short while, the Comet's affects will end, returning Rosalina's speed to normal, removing the extra 300% damage, and removing all enemies who have not been killed yet.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I pretty much had the same idea as The Drilling Juggernaut and ThatWasPeachy. The Luma would turn into a Hungry Luma and float around in the stage.
Rosalina would then jump into the foreground (Kinda like how Snake does for his final smash) and begins to fire star bits rapidly at the Hungry Luma floating from side to side on the stage.

At the end of this little mini game the Luma would explode turning into a black-hole that would pull in opponents.
The more star bits the Luma eats, the stronger the pull and damage the black-hole the Luma would create:

0-25: Weak Gravitational Pull, Damage & Knock-back.
26-50: Decent Gravitational Pull, Damage & Knock-back.
51-75: Intermediate Gravitational Pull, Damage & Knock-back.
100+: Strongest Gravitational Pull, Damage & Knock-back.

Nancyheart

Smash Rookie
i'm thinking large- small metor shower based on timed button presses, starbit bullets or a luma ricochet.

OhSnap

Smash Cadet
i have no ideas myself, but i hope it's something original. i really hope it's not a Meteor Shower like PK Starstorm or a mass of Lumas, like Palutena's Army or Waddle Dee Army.

and off-topic a bit, but i was sorely disappointed in WFT's FS, and this is what gives me concern for Rosalina's FS. WFT's FS was so bland and stupid, i don't even know how they came up with that.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
i was sorely disappointed in WFT's FS, and this is what gives me concern for Rosalina's FS. WFT's FS was so bland and stupid, i don't even know how they came up with that.
Luckily, Rosalina is an actual character and has some better options.

What if she puts herself in that protective bubble. Then she can glide around and bump into people with the bubble, putting them in bubbles and doing damage. You can mash buttons to break out of the bubble, but it gives her time to come back and hit them again. In the last five seconds, her bubble could glow and do knock back.

That's my idea at least, it's kinda like pikachu but different and rosalina themed.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I would not be suprised if its almost the same as ness or lucas except with Lumas and many more and colors have different affects

OhSnap

Smash Cadet
as terrible as it was having 3 Landmasters all for Star Fox characters, i do enjoy that it happened so we have this wonderful joke to use. and with that, i truly hope Wolf stays in, he was a really fun character for me to use. but we'll see. i don't have high expectations for him.

OhSnap

Smash Cadet
idk why everyone just doesn't have a themed Landmaster. Rosalina's would be the most badass version, with the Observatory.

but i do hope that her FS involves the Observatory in some way.

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
How about she traps a player in a launch pad star and shoot them off the stage dealing a large amount of damage?

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Or it could kill them outright. Hopefully though, it's something interactive with potential for multi-kills. Her character suits something like that more.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Seeing as Rosalina has a Luma by her side, her Final Smash should probably involve a bunch of Lumas appearing to clobber everyone's pants off. And to add to this, the Lumas would fully protect Rosalina from all attacks until the Final Smash ends, which would be around 20 seconds.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
That sounds probable, it would be a themed version of king dedede...which wasn't that effective.

Top Bottom