• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

<Final Smash: Treasure Drop>

So, my creative idea for Olimar's Final Smash involves the treasure items from Pikmin 2. The Ship enters from the top of the screen, but instead of releasing Pikmin, it begins unloading the contents of its cargo hold. They will fall onto the stage like the tools in Melee's Flatzone stage. Particular items like the Doomsday Apparatus (the blue dumbbell that took 100 Purple Pikmin to carry) will be devastating, but things like bottle caps won't be as strong. Other items like bomb-rocks could be included as well. Olimar is not hurt by these things (except maybe explosives) and would be able to move around while this is happening, so it's similar to Pit's, Ice Climbers' and King Dedede's Final Smashes.

Pyrogamer

Smash Journeyman
Heh it sounds like a fun idea. Knocking the tools around on flat zone was a lot of fun. I don't see any reason why he can't just get in the ship himself tho, then he wouldn't have to get hit.

I just wanted to share my idea tho. Empress Bulblax, that annoying boss creature that rolls around and crushes all your pikmin, I thought she would be an interesting final smash...then again it wouldn't make sense why she would appear on Olimar's behalf...on second thought, I like the treasure dropping idea better, it would be pretty nostalgic as there were lots of interesting treasure pieces.

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
I think something like Pikmin Horde (sp?) would be cooler. Like a whole bunch of pikmin come spilling across the stage. And jumping up to the platforms and stuff like that. Say 94 more pimin come making 100, the number allowed at once in the actual Pikmin games, and they'll try to latch on to your enemies.

I think something like Pikmin Horde (sp?) would be cooler. Like a whole bunch of pikmin come spilling across the stage. And jumping up to the platforms and stuff like that. Say 94 more pimin come making 100, the number allowed at once in the actual Pikmin games, and they'll try to latch on to your enemies.
Meh, that's what everyone expects and what everyone predicts, but I think Sakurai could be a little more creative. That idea would seem too much like King Dedede's Waddle Dee Army or something.

Demontree

Smash Journeyman
Meh, that's what everyone expects and what everyone predicts, but I think Sakurai could be a little more creative. That idea would seem too much like King Dedede's Waddle Dee Army or something.
What about "aether" and "great aether"? That was incredibly creative..

Shadowball Enthusiast

Smash Cadet
How about combining the two idea, He blows a wistle, pikmin group together on the left and right side of the stage, He is picked up but his ship and starts droping item, if any land on the group of pikmin, the pick it up and throw it directly at oponents

EROY

Smash Rookie
I have a feeling his smash will have something to do with either of the pepper sprays from Pikmin2

Eagle

Smash Lord
Sounds great.

Also, I havn't played Pikmin 2 in awhile and I have forgotten how you make more Purple and White Pikmin.
How do you make more? It's not like I'm playing. . .but I'm curious.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Well I had an idea...that'd kinda be like Kirby's Final Smash in the sense that it captures them and can attack multiple foes.

But what would it be? YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO PONDER SUCH QUESTIONS, AS OLIMAR HAS JUST GRABBED A SMASH BALL! And what's this...?! It's Olimar's ship! A-...and the Onions?! A swarm of Pikmin come out and mob the foes attacking them relentlessly...b-...but what are they doing now?! They're carrying Olimar's enemies back to The Dolphin! Olimar's ship then activates its tractor beam and pulls the enemy characters upwards, slamming their heads into the ship! And while this attack doesn't have wonderful knockback or anything...it leaves foes at a high damage percent making them easy targets for smash attacks!

And there's my Sakurai dramatics for the day XD

RedKnight

Smash Ace
People go on and on about how different final smashes are similar.

Mario/Samus

Link/Ike

Sonic/Pikachu

Well how about a Pikman Swarm, either they all come from a ship or something or Olimar plucks em up REALLY fast. I could see about 30 appearing then they would all chase and latch on to opponents and purple ones would throw themselves at them to get the KO

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Heh it sounds like a fun idea. Knocking the tools around on flat zone was a lot of fun. I don't see any reason why he can't just get in the ship himself tho, then he wouldn't have to get hit.

I just wanted to share my idea tho. Empress Bulblax, that annoying boss creature that rolls around and crushes all your pikmin, I thought she would be an interesting final smash...then again it wouldn't make sense why she would appear on Olimar's behalf...on second thought, I like the treasure dropping idea better, it would be pretty nostalgic as there were lots of interesting treasure pieces.
Or the emporer bulbax from Pikmin One stomps around and does its stuff until its killed or perhaps The S.S Dolphin Might use its comet destroyer to obltherate olimars enemies

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
People go on and on about how different final smashes are similar.

Mario/Samus

Link/Ike

Sonic/Pikachu

Well how about a Pikman Swarm, either they all come from a ship or something or Olimar plucks em up REALLY fast. I could see about 30 appearing then they would all chase and latch on to opponents and purple ones would throw themselves at them to get the KO
But that would be an army Final Smash like King Dedede and Pit's.

Top Bottom