• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash "Tiers". Which is the best?

Shaftobi

Smash Rookie
I think that Luigi has one of the most effective and potent final smashes in the game, when it's used RIGHT of course. It's definatly useful 1v1, and it annoys the hell out of your buddies lol XD

Firebert

Smash Ace
I can tell you who has the WORST Final Smashes: Peach and Ice Climbers. I mean, come on. Peach just summons a bunch of, ugh, peaches and the IC's summon a giant iceberg, which is more useless than you'd think.

Pikachu'sBlueWizardHat

Smash Apprentice
TOP TIER
Landmasters
Sonic
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf

MID TIER
Everyone not otherwise mentioned

LOW TIER
Lucario
Ness
ROB
G&W
Peach

"I HATE YOU BECAUSE OF HOW CRAPPY YOUR FS IS" TIER
King Dedede
Luigi
Pit

Wafflekin

Smash Cadet
This thread needs the video of Zelda shooting her arrow, both her opponents dodging, but 2 soccer balls hit by the arrow kill her opponents.

Jerm~

Smash Rookie
G&W has the most rediculous final smash ever. I've played as him a couple times and i find that manuvering the poor excuse of an octupus a pain. On stages with small spaces forget about it, the only thing that you accomplished with getting the final smash is that your opponet didnt get it.

Netto-kun

Smash Rookie
I am suprised no one have mentioned you can cancel out Marth's Final Smash attack by tapping B again.

uberdylan

Smash Rookie
I'd have to say Ganon's and Zelda's final smashes rank among the best: sure-kill, hard to dodge hits. Then Sonic. Then come the sure-kill, easier-to-dodge/riskier ones like Link, Toon Link, Marth, etc. Then the better summons, i.e. Landmasters, then the good transformations, like Bowser, then the unsure kills (Mario, Samus, Ike).

dingostar29

Smash Rookie
I'd say Ice Climbers, Sonic, and Yoshi are the best. The only problem is it depends on the situation. Do you want to hit fast? ...powerful? ... from a distance? ...by ebarrasing your opponent by using a non-damaging final smash (Jigglypuff and Peach)?

rufasa85

Smash Rookie
ZSS final smash is terrible, its only a kill at high percents, and it forces you to become samus again, which completely changes your playstyle.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Zelda/Sheik's are just way up there on 1v1.

All of the others just give you an edge...cept' Jiggly's one. It's kinda weak.

6footninja

Smash Ace
Ganondorf imo has top tier. Or at the least top 3.

Also, landmasters' effectiveness depends a bit on the stage (as stated by Bowser)

pirkid

Smash Lord
Most FS's need small stages to completely own, such as Samus, Luigi, R.O.B, etc.
Some players can be obstructed by platforms and walls, such as Olimar's crash, Sonic's rampage, and Dedede's chant.

FS's add a new and unusual style of play to Brawl, however with the item ban present is most tourneys, it doesn't really affect the long run.

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
Top tier
Landmasters - Hard as hell to avoid and often can easily ko a number of players
Super Sonic - nearly impossible to avoid and kos anyone it hits, not to mention its long run time
Ice-climbers - at least for small stages this is a really dangerous fs due to the amount of space it covers

Bottom tier
Peach - Almost zero chance to Ko unless your opponent is at a high percentage and you run over and smack him hard

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Personally, grouping the Final Smashes of every character isn't as easy as to just say "Oh Zelda's is definitely top tier" or "Olimar's sucks" because their effectiveness depends very largely on WHO they're being used on, WHERE they're being used on, and HOW MANY players they're being used on.

So I suggest making a grid of sorts where all of these are taken into consideration. Of course that would be a pretty bit undertaking, but it seems like the only fair way of judging the Smashes on an equal level.

That being said (and ignoring it all) Olimar's is da best. End of Day FTW!

feyth

Smash Rookie
Cosmetically I love Kirby's - so cute! - and Samus'.

Other than that, I do think Zelda's is pretty darn good.

Top Bottom