• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash Spike?

Azureclipse

Smash Cadet
(sorry if this was posted before)

I was playing a match against a level 5 Sonic computer today, to test Olimar's attacks and stuff, and I found something interesting.

When Olimar uses End of Day, he jumps in his spaceship and flies off. However, the spaceship stays in one place for a moment as he jumps in.

Sonic was attacking me as I executed the Final Smash, and he came in contact with the ship...and was spiked straight down.

I tested it a bit, and it seems that if an opponent comes in contact with the ship, they get spiked either straight down or at a 45 degree angle down. If Olimar executes his End of Day ON TOP of another player, its an easy spike.

I haven't tested to see if its meteor cancellable/etc yet, because I don't exactly know how, but it might have some potential in a 1v1 match. They get spiked, and as they respawn, they take about 15% from the actual FS. It seems like they need to be around 70% for a guaranteed spike.

Another benefit is the crash-landing of the ship: normally Olimar crashes where he executed the FS, but if theres no ground below him, he crashes in the middle of the stage. Using it mid-air as a spike it a safe maneuver in this sense, but I don't know if he's that good at getting close enough to do in in a real match.

Just figured I'd post it and see if it goes anywhere..\

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
Nice find. I think it's in general a good idea to activate the FS over the air, because you can keep opponents who try to escape the rocket on their toes (when they try to run back to middle)...

Top Bottom