• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash Ideas?

sonicfan7895

Smash Cadet
If Charizard had a Final Smash, what do you think it would be?

You don't need to go into intricate details, try and keep it as short and to-the-point as possible. I'd love to hear what you have to say!

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
BELLYZARD SON. you gain 50% damage, but get infinite jumps, armor frames on certain attacks and get 1.5 knockback on fire and flying moves (stab boost effect) for 30 seconds.
BELLYZARD UP IN THIS *****!
aww **** im gettin hype! *rips shirt, throws chair, runs outside naked yelling*
:charizard: :charizard: :charizard: :charizard: :006: :006: :006: :006: :mad088:

sonicfan7895

Smash Cadet
BELLYZARD SON. you gain 50% damage, but get infinite jumps, armor frames on certain attacks and get 1.5 knockback on fire and flying moves (stab boost effect) for 30 seconds.
BELLYZARD UP IN THIS *****!
aww **** im gettin hype! *rips shirt, throws chair, runs outside naked yelling*
:charizard: :charizard: :charizard: :charizard: :006: :006: :006: :006: :mad088:

For real, brother!

Maybe one of the Mega evolutions from X/Y?
I would think that would be a better idea. But, there's subjective taste between the two forms. One group will like the physical Mega Evolution, and one will like the special Mega Evolution. Obviously (if this were in P:M) it would take up two slots in the Clone Engine, and considering they only have 5 spots left, I don't think it would happen anytime soon. But, since this isn't in P:M, I'd say we could try and put in both... different textures and colors for the evolutions and whatnot, although I think that'll take up an extra... 7 MB of space? A little goes a long way, as the saying goes, but what the heck? I'd be down for that. I would want Charizard's Final Smash to be something like Blast Burn or Inferno.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Um, duh, it gonna be LANDMASTER!!!!!!! :joyful:
Sorry, I just had to say that. But why not make their Final Smashes the Final Smashes they used as part of Triple Finish? Charizard uses Fire Blast, Squirtle uses Hydro Pump, and Ivysaur can use Solar Beam renamed Frenzy Plant. Of course, they could be exaggerated to make them effective when used alone, but I think it will make it easier on the developers.

sonicfan7895

Smash Cadet
Um, duh, it gonna be LANDMASTER!!!!!!! :joyful:
Sorry, I just had to say that. But why not make their Final Smashes the Final Smashes they used as part of Triple Finish? Charizard uses Fire Blast, Squirtle uses Hydro Pump, and Ivysaur can use Solar Beam renamed Frenzy Plant. Of course, they could be exaggerated to make them effective when used alone, but I think it will make it easier on the developers.
Considering this is just Charizard we're talking about, I can see where you're going for all three Pokemon. However, since the enemy doesn't stay within the attack's line of fire (no pun intended) after each projectile is fired, I feel it would be better to have something better. I thought of a one-attack FS to use Blast Burn. Charizard flies up to the top of the screen, charges up Blast Burn for about three seconds, and fires it toward the stage, dealing a total of 63% damage, within the blast radius.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Hmm... Good Point. I like your blast burn idea, considering it would be quite effective, but maybe instead of Flying to top of the screen, he just fired it from where he's standing. IDK, it just makes more sense to me.

sonicfan7895

Smash Cadet
Hmm... Good Point. I like your blast burn idea, considering it would be quite effective, but maybe instead of Flying to top of the screen, he just fired it from where he's standing. IDK, it just makes more sense to me.
That seems a lot cooler to me! That could be a good way to launch a Final Smash!

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to put on here my idea from another post about what Charizard's Final Smash could be, and I'm going to expand a little with ideas that I just came up with. I would say Charizard could launch into a glide for a little distance just like Pit does with his side special, and if he hits anyone, he flies up like he's doing Seismic Toss, his new upward throw for Project M, but it doesn't pop anyone into the air this time, he then breathes fire on the enemies like his down-throw, causing fire to occur like Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire move, capturing anyone in the vicinity, then he jumps and stomps causing an earthquake for the width of the Sacred Fire move to knock enemies away. I'm thinking that when he takes off for the Seismic Toss animation, he would go to the center of the stage just like Ike using his Great Aether. Yeah, I know you said that you don't have to go totally in depth like this, but hey, I like comin' up with ideas that I think are epic! XD

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to put on here my idea from another post about what Charizard's Final Smash could be, and I'm going to expand a little with ideas that I just came up with. I would say Charizard could launch into a glide for a little distance just like Pit does with his side special, and if he hits anyone, he flies up like he's doing Seismic Toss, his new upward throw for Project M, but it doesn't pop anyone into the air this time, he then breathes fire on the enemies like his down-throw, causing fire to occur like Ho-Oh's Sacred Fire move, capturing anyone in the vicinity, then he jumps and stomps causing an earthquake for the width of the Sacred Fire move to knock enemies away. I'm thinking that when he takes off for the Seismic Toss animation, he would go to the center of the stage just like Ike using his Great Aether. Yeah, I know you said that you don't have to go totally in depth like this, but hey, I like comin' up with ideas that I think are epic! XD
Besides, I don't think it would be too terribly OP, at least the gliding grab, you could easily avoid it by jumping. It would be good for recovery, too, just like Marth's Critical Hit, and it's a move that requires a start-up hit, like the Great Aether.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Hmm.... Good, but it seems a little too strategic for Charizard. IDK. Maybe it work better for someone else. Also, remember the backroom can't make Command Grabs without ALOT of ugly coding.

sonicfan7895

Smash Cadet
Besides, I don't think it would be too terribly OP, at least the gliding grab, you could easily avoid it by jumping. It would be good for recovery, too, just like Marth's Critical Hit, and it's a move that requires a start-up hit, like the Great Aether.

Hmm.... Good, but it seems a little too strategic for Charizard. IDK. Maybe it work better for someone else. Also, remember the backroom can't make Command Grabs without ALOT of ugly coding.
Agreed. Although for something like Charizard, this might be a little too long for a Final Smash. But, whatever. I did (in a way) say go all out, so I applaud your idea! :D

Ultimate Sneeze

Smash Apprentice
He could have Flare Blitz, which could work like Captain Falcon's FS (Although he'd sustain some damage) Or he could just use Inferno... A whirling Vortex of Flame that leaves people with burn damage...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hey, so, the intention of this thread isn't very clear so I figured I'd clarify something. The reason the Kanto Trio don't have Final Smashes isn't out of lack of want or creativity in coming up with a Final Smash for each, but a technical limitation preventing us from making a Final Smash for them at all. Should we eventually find a way, you'll certainly see some awesome FSes on them. :p

sonicfan7895

Smash Cadet
Hey, so, the intention of this thread isn't very clear so I figured I'd clarify something. The reason the Kanto Trio don't have Final Smashes isn't out of lack of want or creativity in coming up with a Final Smash for each, but a technical limitation preventing us from making a Final Smash for them at all. Should we eventually find a way, you'll certainly see some awesome FSes on them. :p
I gotcha; I was just wanting to create this thread and the others for Squirtle and Ivysaur because Pokemon Trainer was separated from the Kanto Trio in Project M and are able to be separated with codes. :D Sorry for making it not clear in the first place.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
He should use Fire Fang so he can rush at someone similar to Marth and then bite them with bite them to death and make him say OM NOM NOM.

He will then use belly drum with DK helping which makes his attacks one hit ko.He will also kill DK.

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
Thank you for clarifying that, I am certainly not surprised that it's not lack of ideas, since we see how many people are very much willing, like myself, of course, to put in ideas. I hope you can eventually find a way, though, to implement Final Smashes like this, because that would be great! Project M is a great game, you guys are already putting in some great work, so keep it up! I wouldn't be surprised if this goes without saying, but, hey, have fun!

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
He could use fire blast 6 times which somehow paralyzes and then

use Fire Fang so he can rush at someone similar to Marth and then bite them with bite them to death and make him say OM NOM NOM.

He will then use belly drum with DK helping which makes his attacks one hit ko.He will also kill DK.

ChrispyBurns

Smash Rookie
Charizard turns its unfortunate fire flying typing and burns to the sky with Yoshi's final smash, smiting all who oppose it below with fire blasts and flamethrowers.

Ivysaur has two options: Peach's final smash, turned to Grass Whistle and will bring the age long question, should it heal or destroy. Ivysaur can also blast opponents to meet their maker with Samus's Final Smash in the form of Solar Beam.

Squirtle takes a blue Mario's final smash in the form of Hydro Pump and drowns everyone's chances of survival.

At the bottom of the screen when the smashes come to a grand close, the banner announcing, "It was SUPER EFFECTIVE!" will appear to add insult to injury.

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman
I have one idea for Charizard actually
-He could jump to the background of any stage and fire off a fireblast that seems small from where he is shooting but is becoming much larger as it gets closer to the stage. There would be only like two ways to dodge it: going inbetween the two legs of the blast, jumping off stage and almost killing yourself, or just get hit by it. It just came to mind

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Charizard turns its unfortunate fire flying typing and burns to the sky with Yoshi's final smash, smiting all who oppose it below with fire blasts and flamethrowers.

Ivysaur has two options: Peach's final smash, turned to Grass Whistle and will bring the age long question, should it heal or destroy. Ivysaur can also blast opponents to meet their maker with Samus's Final Smash in the form of Solar Beam.

Squirtle takes a blue Mario's final smash in the form of Hydro Pump and drowns everyone's chances of survival.

At the bottom of the screen when the smashes come to a grand close, the banner announcing, "It was SUPER EFFECTIVE!" will appear to add insult to injury.
Why are you only copying other final smashes? Also, Ivysaur already has Solar Beam.

KingJigglypuff

Smash Ace
Here's my idea for a Charizard Final Smash...

Blast Burn.

If possible to code in (which is unlikely unless over Lucario), Charizard would fly to the center of the screen.

If not, then Charizard will fly into the background before releasing an incredible blast of fire with decent range and damage.

For a more "gimmicky" approach, the PMBR could use Charizard's Fire Blast GFX, and position the hitboxes accordingly.

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
Mega Charizard would be best, really. Knockback armor, blue fire, insane power/damage increase, maybe even infinite jumps and better air mobility for +LOLz
Well, that would be, ya know, WHICH Mega Charizard? But, either way, I just think that transformations are not very original, especially if they keep the same moveset as the usual character. I mean, all it is is just an aesthetic change that just gives you invincibility, or partial invincibility in Giga Bowser's case in Brawl, higher stats, moves with gimmicks, like Giga Bowser's side-smash having an explosion, and that's about it. Kinda OP'd, too, it's rare to be able to dodge a KO from basically the same character with higher stats in one session of their Final Smash. Also, I think, at least, it lasts too long. I'm not trying to offend or anything, I'm just saying my opinion. Besides, I would think that would be kinda TOO easy to program. If I were part of the team, I would go more for moves that look cooler and are harder to program, for a bit of a challenge.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Well, that would be, ya know, WHICH Mega Charizard?
That's obvious.

Kinda OP'd, too
Well, it's a final smash.

Besides, I would think that would be kinda TOO easy to program.
Good. Elements like Final Smashes, I consider a courtesy to the casual player and not the main focus of the team, and even as a casual player myself would much prefer that they spend the majority of their efforts on their core gameplay, mechanics and balance. Considering the ambitions of the PM:BR involving further balance, the Clone Engine, alt costumes and who knows what else that we can't even think of right now (like turbo mode before it was announced), the easier the Pokemon trio's final smashes are to resolve, the better. I feel like sometimes we forget how much these guys are doing, for free, while balancing their actual jobs and education and such.

DarkFlame

Smash Apprentice
That's obvious.

Well, it's a final smash.

Good. Elements like Final Smashes, I consider a courtesy to the casual player and not the main focus of the team, and even as a casual player myself would much prefer that they spend the majority of their efforts on their core gameplay, mechanics and balance. Considering the ambitions of the PM:BR involving further balance, the Clone Engine, alt costumes and who knows what else that we can't even think of right now (like turbo mode before it was announced), the easier the Pokemon trio's final smashes are to resolve, the better. I feel like sometimes we forget how much these guys are doing, for free, while balancing their actual jobs and education and such.
How is it obvious? There ARE 2 forms of Mega Charizard, X and Y.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Only X has blue fire.

Also he could use dragon claw or draco meteor to emphasize his dragon type.Or his A moves get stronger since his ability gives him 10% more physical attack.

OmegaPyron

Smash Cadet
So, I understand the PKMN Final Smash seems impossible to access in P:M. What if you revert the Trio back to Trainer? Choosing individual Pkmn from the select screen would be like Brawl, and Gameplay would still be identical to P:M, so down-specials exist and switching mid-battle would be non-existent or only possible through a taunt.
Some Brawlvault PSA's I've found have Taunts that that act as attacks: Samus transforming into/out of ZSuit, "Shine" Link using Final Smash at will, "Etereal Blade" Marth using 5 movesets, and Squirtle using Pokeballs/ Assists at will.
Another solution could be using multiple PSA's under one character selection panel. They could put Charizard for the first 6 portaits, 6 for Ivysaur, etc just like P:M's Mario/ Dr. Mario.

Top Bottom