• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash: Dream Home (With Tom Nook's help) Thought?

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
It seems that Villager's Final Smash is Tom Nook building him a new house.

What do you people think of this move. Personally, It looks a little underpowered in my opinion. However, I did guessed that Tom Nook wasn't going to be a playable character and instead was going to assist Villager.

Last edited:

Spears In Smash Bros.

Smash Journeyman
How is it a "Dream Home" when it's missing at least one room? For instance, a completed home in Animal Crossing New Leaf:
HNI_0076.JPG

Note how the additions are symmetrical.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I have a feeling that it's power might randomly vary based on the houses' looks and structure... or it strengthens by repeated Smash Ball grabs, like the way house upgrading works in AC.

It looks really funny though.

Last edited:

M&Mavocado

Smash Cadet
To be honest, I was a bit disappointed. It seems kind of weak with bad range, but I guess I'll wait and see. If an animal villager (Quillson for example) was in this game it would be the perfect final smash for him because the animal villagers would always build their houses at the least convenient and most damaging spots for my town. Oh well.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
An interesting thing to note is that in some regions it is called Housewarming Party

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I just want to point out that since it also contains Tom Nook's nephews I find it interesting that we ALSO see one of them on the Smashville background. Another 'Alfonzo' style replacement if Villager is being played?

I like it. It looks great and is very colorful. Good place for Nook to be too. There is something about it I dislike. Can't really put my finger on it, but something about it feels like it's trying too hard be unique and quirky. There's nothing the Villager could have done that doesn't feel that way, but this feels like the scrapped more practical ideas (that would have probably been more fun to use) to make the Villager have the most "totally weird" Final Smash.

Of course, the one everyone suspected (THE BEES) is an item, which is pretty awesome.

Last edited:

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
I like it. It looks great and is very colorful. Good place for Nook to be too. There is something about it I dislike. Can't really put my finger on it, but something about it feels like it's trying too hard be unique and quirky. There's nothing the Villager could have done that doesn't feel that way, but this feels like the scrapped more practical ideas (that would have probably been more fun to use) to make the Villager have the most "totally weird" Final Smash.

Of course, the one everyone suspected (THE BEES) is an item, which is pretty awesome.
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=7267370 <= My reply in the link.

Last edited:

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Maybe the house gets bigger depending on how many people are trapped inside

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I feel like it's a throw-away move. Good for one laugh and that's about it. Considering it's a FS can't say I care too much for it's inclusion or any alternative possibilities considering I rarely play with them on anyway.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

I wanted the bees to be Villager's Final Smash... and I was mildly disappointed to see that building a house is Villager's Final Smash even though it is pretty creative... but then I found out that the beehive is an item, so I am not disappointed in Villager's Final Smash anymore.

Kreuniclus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kreuniclus
3DS FC
3737-9510-1473
I could think of a few better ones. Here's one example: Villager hops on top of a Balloon Present and uses the golden slingshot to pelt everyone! A bit like Rocketbarrel Barrage, but slower, harder to control, stronger, and with more pellets.

Housewarming Party, as it's known over here, i was a little disappointed with it. If it is basically Cook Kirby, it's dead easy to dodge and isn't particularly powerful. And then you also don't get anything afterwards?! Boo! I was also hoping they'd come up with something more creative. You know, a bit like my idea.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Maybe the house gets bigger depending on how many people are trapped inside
This is just how I assumed it worked since we only see mario trapped inside. The finishing explosion would be much more devastating if you trapped 3-4 characters inside because the house/explosion radius would be larger.

I could think of a few better ones. Here's one example: Villager hops on top of a Balloon Present and uses the golden slingshot to pelt everyone! A bit like Rocketbarrel Barrage, but slower, harder to control, stronger, and with more pellets.

Housewarming Party, as it's known over here, i was a little disappointed with it. If it is basically Cook Kirby, it's dead easy to dodge and isn't particularly powerful. And then you also don't get anything afterwards?! Boo! I was also hoping they'd come up with something more creative. You know, a bit like my idea.
I think it is far more creative visually and in execution. It does not 'vaccum' everyone up like cook kirby and if the way i think it works is how it works then it has the chance to injure those not within the house. It is extremely creative and interesting if it does vary depending on how many characters are caught. (I find it a little funny you compare it to one FS as evidence for its supposed 'unoriginality' only to suggest for it to become a clone of another FS.) But honestly who knows how it works? We'll find out soon enough.

Kreuniclus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kreuniclus
3DS FC
3737-9510-1473
(I find it a little funny you compare it to one FS as evidence for its supposed 'unoriginality' only to suggest for it to become a clone of another FS.)
I wasn't saying it was unoriginal, i was saying it's basically a weaker version of an already horribly weak FS. You can't easily dodge Rocketbarrel Barrage. Also, it was just one idea. I have tons more. It was just the one i could remember most easily. Here's another one, then:

Meteor Shower. 4 rows of stars appear in the sky. You control 5 meteors that connect with each star and then plummet into the ground, covering the distance between the star it plummeted from, and the stars on either side of it. The next meteor would spawn above the column of stars that the last one plummeted from. And it'll be really quick, so you gotta make sure you decide where each meteor's gonna go quickly. The meteors will go through platforms, too. They'd be OHKO, too, because it's hard to aim. It'd be more effective on small and flat stages. The way i imagine it, it wouldn't be similar to PK Starstorm.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I love the idea and I really enjoy it, I'm just worried about it's range and K.O. ability.

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
I don't think that this is going to be underpowered. Like some other people have said, it looks like it's the Kirby Cookout final smash. I'm assuming that it will suck people in and also will be able to hit multiple people rather than a single target. So there's that. Also, I'm not sure it could have been much else. It is kind of unique now that Kirby's smash is changed. I'm hoping that items will fly out like in Kirby's smash, because his house exploded and all.

Kreuniclus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kreuniclus
3DS FC
3737-9510-1473
I'm aware it's only a BETA version, but we got a glimpse of this at the tourney yesterday. It only grabbed one person, and didn't deal much knockback. I didn't notice the damage dealt. If there's a way to watch it again, i'll take another look.

Last edited:

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Yeah I saw that it only grabbed one person, which I was kind of sad about, but it was good to see it kill.

Hong

The Strongest
The thing that sucks is I found with Samus or Fox is that I can use their FS almost immediately and get good results.

Playing as Villager, people already had to come to me to begin with, so I didn't feel as empowered as I would with the other characters.

Can't comment on the launch power. Haven't hit someone with it at low percentages.

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
It is definitely a creative Final Smash. Me likes.

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
Yeah it is. I like reviving old threads. I do it a lot.

Top Bottom