• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy

susu_atari

Smash Ace
The chances are reasonable. Square-Enix are a very popular third party developer, and we've already had Final Fantasy characters in Mario Hoops, so it's not impossible. I think Final Fantasy is a third party franchise that deserves representation as much as any other.

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice
Relatively high, maybe not characters like Cloud, but the Black Mage, Thief, ya know those characters got a pretty good shot.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
not sure. perhaps the protagonist from FFCC Crystal Bearers, if it comes out before hand, and mabye Black Mage and that sort of thing, but other than that, not really

Twek

Smash Cadet
i think if they do they should put in auron and not cloudy mcgee cause nic is gay

King Of Lusers

Smash Cadet
**** you scot! auron was really gay. and god ima kill the ***** for namin him cloudy mcgee i swear to gambit.

King Of Lusers

Smash Cadet
oh, and final fantasy dosnt suck man, its awsome. so yeah, that should convince you. 11 sucks as does 10-2. but play 7 and itll suck your balls out your mouth.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
depends. I would perfer crono over any FF character, thats for sure, but if square manages to get a rep in brawl, it's most likely gonna be an FF character. perhaps it will be something like a black mage, or a more modern character, like sora, cloud, vaan, etc. squeenix has too many characters >_<.

but anyway, if square suddenly doesn't become all Bytchy, like they usually are, they might give us some FF rep in brawl, since they have been making numerous games for nintendo consoles nowdays.

Taws

Smash Rookie
I can totally see the Onion Kid in Super Smash Brothers. He was born for this role, since he is universally loathed everywhere else for being so crappy.

Chris of STARS

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...my first instinct is to say "little to none" but...at the same time I know there's a part of me that honestly would not be that surprised if any of Square Enix's characters made the playable lineup, considering how in bed Square is with Nintendo and the DS these days.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
If you're holding out for someone from post VI games, you're out of luck I'd say, unless it's one of the 'side games' that appeared on Nintendo Handhelds and wasn't part of the main numbering sequence. They have about as good a chance as pre-Playstation FF games. Perhaps more due to recency, but perhaps less due to the stunning success that some of the earlier games had on NES and SNES.

I'll be honest, if we do get a FF character, I want Kefka, Locke or Terra from VI, or Cecil or Kain (Sorry, I think I may have mixed up their names somewhat, it's been a long time since I played FF I-IV). But Black Mage is probably one of the characters from SE with the best chances, no matter how high or low the likelyhood of a SE character appearing is.

Note that I have made no comment on how likely chances are in general, but only of FF games in comparison to other FF games.

jonkil

Smash Apprentice
cecil would be a fun ff character to play with but i dont think that theyll add a ff characters but they might add mallow and geno since they were made by squarenix and they were the coolest add ons for a mario game.

NukeA6

Smash Master
It seems Black Mage would be the only one worthy. But his chance is still pretty low.

Ghost42

Smash Apprentice
Cecil would be interesting, maybe he could start out as a Dark Knight and turn in to the Paladin through special conditions, similar to Zamus.
While in DK form his attacks would be more powerful but would do minimal damage to himself.
While in Paladin form he could regenerate slowly over time.
The changes could take place based on a timer (once every 30 seconds) or randomly.

IMO Gilgamesh would make a decent final boss (give him four lives and change his weapons every time he looses a life).

jonkil

Smash Apprentice
IMO Gilgamesh would make a decent final boss (give him four lives and change his weapons every time he looses a life).
that would probably be the funnest boss to fight maybe give him a differnt move set with each weapon or different effects with each weapon.

Top Bottom