• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children *spoilers*

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
BUMPERONI.

There's some new screenshots up. Well, not TOTALLY new, they were posted a week ago, but whatever.

Samples:

EDIT: crap, red X's. But the site is the same as the one in the post above mine. There's a bit of cleavage from Aeris, a pic of Red XIII, one of Cid, and Cloud on a cell phone, to name a few.

I still can't wait for this, although apparently it won't release until the END of the year, as opposed to this summer like previous trailers have said.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
This movie is gonna start a cult all of it's own. Gonna be huge.

And the cell phone that Cloud uses is going to actually be released in Japan. All part of Project FFVII.

And I can't wait to see Aeris' face. So far she's lookin great. Tifa looks a little ugly in the view of her on the phone, though.

Anyway, I'm guessing that all the Sephiroth, Aeris stuff is just flashback, they're not being revived or something stupid like that. And I'm guessing that those silver-haired guys are the "Reunion" guys from the game, only not in black cloaks.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
That's my guess; except they all aren't ******** and jump off cliffs and stuff. They're actually competent.

They BETTER not f'king revive Aeris . . .

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was looking at those screen shots and noticed a couple of things.

Did you happen to see that Tifa and Cid both wore a red ribbon on their left arm? I'll have to look closer at Nanaki. Of course Cloud has that sleeve on his left arm, and no ribbon is visible on his bare right arm.

I also saw that a child-like drawing of Cloud's face was visible on the wall in the image of him and those turks. Behind the red haired one (was his name Rude? I forget.)

I thought all of the reunion freaks died in that crater.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I was readiign around (actually at this site =>www.adventchildren.net (warning spoilers at site)
Since this thread says that there may be spoilers, I'm not going to put this black on black. Cloud has Geostigma. Thats why he has that black thing around his arm. And when Marlene says "Is Cloud okay?" she's holding his bandage.

Here's a note:
Look at the below pictures:

Notice that in the first one, Cloud lacks the arm wrapping and his sword has I'm guessing 8 materia slots. That weapon would most likely be Ultima weapon. In the second one, Cloud arm is wrapped and his blade has 2 materia slots. I believe that that sword is Zack's Buster Sword. I think the first screen is a flashback of his battle with Sephiroth. The second one is later in the movie when Cloud fights Kadaj.

Wanna take your own screens? Well watch the trailers and push the mighty PrintScrn key. Then paste it into either Paint or Photoshop. Then crop it in Photoshop and save it as a JPG (that's what I did). Voila! You have a screen!

Cyris_P

Smash Journeyman
Waah! OMG! *dies*

{SPOILERS}

30 days and this movie is out! The newest (full) trailer just got released on the Japanese site with English Subtitles. All the main characters from the game are in the movie. I even saw Aeris.

*dies again*

Sorry bout all the dying, but my body can't handle th sheer adrenaline that is caused by this movie. There's some amazing cinematics in the trailer that are a superb mix of anime-matrix effects. People flying and recoiling, charging and jumping off the walls. Plus it looks like there's 3 clones of Sepiroth that fight the merry band, along with new enemy Weapons and I'm pretty sure I saw Bahamut in the trailer. The motorbike fight scene is incredible too, and I've only sen a few seconds of it.

I just better not use all my 9 lives before this thing comes out...

Nexis

Smash Apprentice
Doggalina said:
I was readiign around (actually at this site =>www.adventchildren.net (warning spoilers at site)
Since this thread says that there may be spoilers, I'm not going to put this black on black. Cloud has Geostigma. Thats why he has that black thing around his arm. And when Marlene says "Is Cloud okay?" she's holding his bandage.

Here's a note:

Notice that in the first one, Cloud lacks the arm wrapping and his sword has I'm guessing 8 materia slots. That weapon would most likely be Ultima weapon. In the second one, Cloud arm is wrapped and his blade has 2 materia slots. I believe that that sword is Zack's Buster Sword. I think the first screen is a flashback of his battle with Sephiroth. The second one is later in the movie when Cloud fights Kadaj.

Wanna take your own screens? Well watch the trailers and push the mighty PrintScrn key. Then paste it into either Paint or Photoshop. Then crop it in Photoshop and save it as a JPG (that's what I did). Voila! You have a screen!
No. The first screenshot is with Kadaj but later on in the movie. If you see the E3 trailer (guessing where you got it from), when Cloud is ontop of his sword and sees the building comming down with sephiroth on it, he does not have that armwarp thing. So the second screeny happens before the first screeny, way before.

Well, time to go watch it XD

Nexis

Smash Apprentice
What do you mean the ending? PM and I will try to explain some that I understand.

Oh.. the ssbm side must be getting into me cuse.. the fight between those two great people... made it seem like Roy and Marth were fighting. Ahahaa

Nexis

Smash Apprentice
well, he asked to use spoiler tags or what not so I thought it would be better if it was a PM but ok
SPOILER!

Aite. Are you talking about when the twins blast Cloud around the end, and Cloud end goes to a "white place"? K. When his body first goes there, you hear Aeris's and Zack's voice and tells Cloud that he doesn't belong here. Then his body zooms away and then a Wolf comes. Now the wolf is confusing because it could represent few things.
First of all, it could represent Zack. In the begining of the movie, the wolf is by Zack's grave and the buster sword. Then, the wolf appears again at Aeris's church flower place. And finally, at the water. But what does not make sense is that wolf appears at the water AFTER Zack and Aeris talk to him before he zooms out at the "white place". Next reasoning is that the Wolf simbolizes Cloud and his solitude. He wears all these gears that relates to a wolf (his armr has a wolf headpiece, his bike name is Fenrir, etc..). So if the wolf does simbolize Cloud's loneliness, the wolf is there in the beginning, middle, and end, but at the end, the wolf dissapears. Then, he sees Aeris and Zack at the church door and he says hes not alone.

Thats what I think. Or was there another question that I didn't answer 0_o

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
SPOILER! (how to do them [ spoiler ] message [/ spoiler ] - without spaces)

It was almost like that, except I know Cloud was shot, but why didn't he die? I was thinking Aerith did something to grant him life again? I just wanted to clear that up. I was wondering what the wolf was too, I thought it was Zack or Aerith as well :)

Nexis

Smash Apprentice
hmm ok

spoiler -
well I think he was about to die, but the water sorta saved him. It was probably had the same effect of curing wounds, like how it did to the Geostigma(or whatever). The "white place" was probably a place like heaven, to show that he was near death, but then Aeris says you dont belong here and then he comes back to life. So yea, I think Aeris saved Cloud (with her healing powers (which takes shape of the water)).

Thats what I think.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
well using nexis' posts i think you could come to the conclusion that cloud dies. you see the beggining middle and end of the wolf thing like nexis said, and then you see two people who are already dead and cloud says "i am not alone" meaning he saw them so he knows he wont be alone in death. thats just something that poped into my head when reading the other posts. i might
make
a review later on

Nexis

Smash Apprentice
Uh...

but I said on my post that Aeris tells Cloud "You don't belond here" thus hes not dead yet. Go watch the movie XD

Nexis

Smash Apprentice
Doggalina said:

Here's a note:

sorry for double posting but, does anyone know which trailer he got the second SS from?

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
blahblahblahblahblah
cloud
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
advent children
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
what I wanna know is..
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
and tifa
blahblahblahblahblahsomeonesetusupthebombblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
with a turkey baster!
blahblahblahblahyoufoundatriforceshardblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
so I guess it's safe to assume
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah
March of the penguins.

Just my opinion though..

Creature_85

Smash Lord
Yes, that was very informative Donkey Dong.

What I don't get is how Kadaj got the Mesamune when he transformed into Sephiroth. From what I've heard, there was only one Mesamune. (Although equally confusing is how all the Sephiroth projections had Mesamunes too.)

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
Creature_85 said:

What I don't get is how Kadaj got the Mesamune when he transformed into Sephiroth. From what I've heard, there was only one Mesamune. (Although equally confusing is how all the Sephiroth projections had Mesamunes too.)

meh who cares. it was a badass moment when it happened, especially once the music chimed in.

Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Bahamut3585
Hey, man, all I care about is
IT'S GOT BAHAMUT IN IT. I PISSED MY PANTS WHEN I SAW THAT.
I'm not kidding.

Nexis

Smash Apprentice
Creature_85 said:

Cuse sephiroth has it.. so when Kadaj was transformed into him, he had that sword

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
Wow, I'm sure it's just because I loved the game 100 years ago when I played but that was freakin awesome. The fighting was crazy *punches the matrix in the face* hooah!
Anyway,
I'm glad I got to see zack and aerith again

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
who the hell is tifa talking to on the sierra after
cloud kills sephy
whe she says
"you were with us the whole time"
or something like that

it looks like she was facing barret, but why would she say that to him? most likely shes talking
to the spirit of Aeris
, but since the camera angles are all goofy i still think there's a little more to it.

only1Z

Smash Champion
The camera angle is centered on a drop of the life stream, from the rain storm...that was kinda weird. But this also represents
Aerith, since she's a part of the lifestream

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
huh. that makes sense.

i noticed something very subtle. when geostigma flickers and there is a milisecond of neon blue light, there is also a subliminal picture of the wolf. i managed to pause the movie in two different scenes and land on it.

only1Z

Smash Champion
I think it was discussed in here once, that the wolf more then likely represents loneliness, or something along those lines. Since cloud would prefer to fight this battle alone, instead of being with his "family".

If I remember, another Idea was that it was the spirit of
zack
watching over him as he fought. Cause he first appeared at the beginning for the bike chase, after they left Ajit, and then after the final battle and cloud was unconscious.

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
yea i've heard the thing about the wolf representing
zack
, and i also herd it represents Cloud's feeling of guilt, and "
not being able to save anyone
". If it was
zack
though, then why was he not in
wolf form at the end
in the church? i bet its still a little more related to geostigma since it flashes during stings of pain.

byt

Smash Cadet
There's a 'version' of Advent Children running around that contains a set of joke subs with it. The file extension is either .mkd....or was it .mdk? It runs in VLC and has three sets of subs: English subs, Japanese subs, and Whitney's Lies (which is the joke subs). They are amusing, but it wasn't nearly as funny as my brother made them out to be. Also, it was hard to read since the subtitles aren't directly embedded in the frames. VLC drew the subtitles by using whatever default font and color (which was white) and it was almost impossible to read where it was bright behind the words (no stroke or shadows). But if you want to learn about knitting and beading, check it out.

*edit*
This file can be found on 4chan or so my brother has told me.

Top Bottom