• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final fantasy guys

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Crono has never seen a PS debut, therefore, he has no connection with Sony.
Actually, Crono Trigger was re-released on the PS1, and the game the that Crono had a cameo in was Crono Cross, and I'm pretty sure that wasn't on a nintendo console either.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Actually, it's name is Masamune and is based off a legendary katana maker of the same name. His sword is really just a ridiculously long katana, which kind of defeats the point of the weapon in the first place.

The only FF characters I'd expect to get in would be from FF6, though I personally think Crono has a larger shot for a square character as his game is more associated with Nintendo than FF.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
True, but I think people still see CT as a SNES classic, while FF is largely associated with Sony now.

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
Maybe i am wrong, (havent really paid attention to the series) but i have never seen a final fantasy game for a nintendo system. (atleast ive never seen one for n64/gamecube)

now maybe i just didnt see them, or maybe they were just for older nintendo systems, can somebody clear this up for me as right now i can t even tell if they are eligible for brawl.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
FF 1-6 have appeared on nintendo systems from the Nes era to the Snes era. However, Squaresoft then began to work for Sony, and from FF7 onwards all the main games have been on sony consoles exclusively (cept FF11 but that's obvious). However, there have been remakes of FF's 1-6 for the GBA (except FF3 which was for the DS), and Final Fantasy Crystal chronicles was released exclusively for the Gamecube, and I believe it'll have sequel for the Wii. So there have been FF's for Nintendo systems, it's just the main ones (or the most recognizable ones) have been on sony consoles, and a lot of the older ones have had PS ports as well.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
True, but I think people still see CT as a SNES classic, while FF is largely associated with Sony now.
Crono Trigger's sequel was on the Playstation. Like it or not, the series HAS moved on from Nintendo. It's just not as noticeable as Final Fantasy because there aren't as many games in the franchise.

btk Ace

Smash Apprentice
Cloud From FF7
Leon From FF8
Yuffie From FF7

Chrono From Chrono Trigger
those are all the important ones that could be in Brawl

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
If anybody from FF makes it in SSBB, I'll bet you $100 it's Black Mage.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
Two or three characters from FF1 would be a safe bet. Warrior/Knight could be like Marth and Roy, Ninja could be like Shiek and Black Mage....like Mewtwo? xD

Top Bottom