• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final fantasy guys

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
alright, so ff isnt made atall by nintedno, but the neither is metal gear solid. Square-enicx seems to only be bonding more and more with nintendo.
Yuna would be very cool, if maybe unlikely. She could summon diferent creatures, and you could control them, but you would need to protect yuna, as at that time she would be vunerable.
More likely is though, the characters from nds, considering ff3 is being remade for it. It would be realy cool if the characters, when you went into battle, had diferent jobs. SO at one point you can cgange from being a night to, say, a ninja. Similar to the zelda/sheik transformation, but much more versatile.

W4veMantis

Smash Journeyman
and Locke...can't forget about Locke. and EDGAR to. His Tools could be his B move set.
CHAINSAW!!!!!

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Cloud would be nice if only for him vs. Link. But let's face facts: the only ones with any real chance are from the 1st & 3rd games (1st because of historical impact with the NES & Mario Hoops presense, 3rd for the hyped remake.

I put my money on generic Black Mage.

T-major

Smash Champion
if any character from square should get in, it's Geno. but if only an FF character, Black mage is the one I wan't. better yet. Red mage. seeing as he would be able to use magic for B moves. and have a rapier or something for A attacks.

Red for Brawl!!!

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Crono would be great, but a Moogle would be better.

Specifically, Mog from VI would be perfect.

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
Marche Radiuju (easy moveset)

Montblanc (here's your Moogle!)

Kain Highwind (some Spear charactors would be cool, and Kain's the archetype)

Palom & Porom (LOVE to have some more double charactors)

I don't think any generics are going to make it, if ANY Final Fantasy charactors.

But a Red Mage would be cool, nonetheless (my favorite job, personally).

T-major

Smash Champion
Marche Radiuju (easy moveset)

Montblanc(here's your Moogle!)

Kain Highwind (some Spear charactors would be cool, and Kain's the archetype)

Palom & Porom (LOVE to have some more double charactors)

I don't think any generics are going to make it, if ANY Final Fantasy charactors.

But a Red Mage would be cool, nonetheless (my favorite job, personally).

mine too. he would work very well in Brawl, the best out of all the FF classes, in my opinion.

I also like the idea of the guys from FFTA. that game was a great, it was on the GBA so they have at the least a very small chance of getting in (even if it's very small). and the characters could be unique aswell. ( I need to play that game again)

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Yeah, but it will be a popular game it doesn't neccasarily have to be on the Wii Snake isn't known for his appearance in Twin Snakes.

WarOmnimon

Smash Rookie
Probably a job character from FF3, or a character from FF5 or FF6 due to the recent GBA remakes of the latter two. I'd like to see either FF3's Ninja or Dragoon or FF6's Mog or Sabin.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Who needs crono who have nothhin to do wi5h smash......

when u have MOOGLE AND CHOCOBO AND BLACK MAGE...... which are from the time of zelda and the beggining of everything!.

They deserve a piece of the cake for what nintendo is now!

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Who needs crono who have nothhin to do wi5h smash......

when u have MOOGLE AND CHOCOBO AND BLACK MAGE...... which are from the time of zelda and the beggining of everything!.

They deserve a piece of the cake for what nintendo is now!
Crono needs a boost more than any FF character you can name. Final Fantasy is still going strong today. Crono was in one game (great game from the reviews I've heard/read) and needs to be boosted back into the public's eyes.

Even though Crono is owned by Square, I think his chances are good. Think about it. Crono has had only one game...on the NES...and not on the PS1 or 2. He's fair game for Nintendo...

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Cloud is burned out...

And he "is" from playstation... starting form that point he is out already.

Crono is cool, but the red headed samurai dont have enough links to be in the game... if Crono is in it.. then charas like cloud and sephirot and even goku could make it.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Cloud and Sephiroth are guaranteed NOT to be in Brawl. In fact, any Final Fantasy character made post-FF6 stands a 100% chance of NOT GETTING IN BRAWL.

Crono, unlike the afore mentioned characters, was only in one game (two counting his cameo in Trigger); BOTH of which were released on Nintendo consoles. Crono has never seen a PS debut, therefore, he has no connection with Sony.

To me, that says that he is TECHNICALLY a Nintendo exclusive character, much in the same manner as Mario, Kratos, and Master Chief are for their respective companies. Thus, he is fair game for Nintendo to use...

@Hydde: Crono appearing in the game would not even come close to allowing Cloud and Sephiroth in. Sakurai himself stated that there will be no characters originating in anime or manga appearing in the game... Goku, as well as the whole DBZ crew, is instantly disqualified because of this.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
well, i went a little far with Goku :D

but like someone said earlier... all the FF charas that are from newer games than FF6 have 0% chances of making it to brawl.

In fact any FF char is far from making it to brawl, but if some of them would make it, the chocobo, the wizzy and the moogle would be the most likely,... as they appeared since the roots of nintendo.

flaco

The Terminator
these thread is about final fantasy not dragon ball z anyway what about vincent yuna and the other charecters

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
Because, I was thinking to myself about the prospect of having charcaters from the games of final fantasy. That is whi i named my topic ff guys. ANd snake is in as the creator of snake and miyamoto are close friends, and the twin snakes was a game cube exclusive.

LeonVII

Smash Apprentice
I'd take Shadow from VI over just any Ninja job any day....

And if there ever were FF characters (And I am 90% sure there won't be.) Faris, Terra, Relm, Shadow for the win. And we can't forget Lone Wolf =p
Shadow would be a nice addition to brawl, He could have Interceptor with him like the Iceclimbers.

PwnYouBoomerangStyle

Smash Cadet
If they put Yuna in this game I'd plug in a second controller and beat the living **** outta that ***** for ever making FFX2. Characters such as Cloud have no chance because unless they tweaked Brawl so that Cloud could get hit and auto-taunt/have no damage taken, it would be ghey.

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
Final Fantasy Characters.....can find some other game to be in. go make a final fantasy fighting game if you wanna see them because theres now way they should be in brawl

Top Bottom