• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final destination too small?

gangstajuice02

Smash Ace
exactly! Final Destination is really small BUT, it is 100x better than the Melee version!! So i go neutrual on this one!!

ConeZone

Smash Ace
it doesn't matter, if it is too small, dont play there! there are big levels and small levels, just find the one that suits your taste

Locke66

Smash Cadet
read somewhere on the forums that both melee and brawl's FDs are 13 CFalcons wide. so the models are just bigger i guess.

I think the new size is more balanced. trying to get through missile/ charge shot spam across the stage with ganon towards samus wasn't fun in melee.

DQP

Smash Ace
yes, it's smaller. no, it's not a bad thing. one thing i didn't like about the melee fd is that it was too big, and i really had a hard time doing rest combos (i'm a jigglypuff mainer). but that's a minor gripe, but i'm still glad it's smaller.

Meta Knight Light

Smash Rookie
Here's my comparison of Final Destination in Super Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl.

Compare these two images:
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x269/Metaknightlight/Comparison.jpg
As you can tell, the characters actually look a little bigger in the Melee image than the Brawl image.

Here's another image of copy paste of Captain Falcon:
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x269/Metaknightlight/Comparison2.jpg
Yes, the Falcons in the Melee image does not exceed the center of Final Destination while The Brawl image does, but notice the difference between both Falcons. There is more spacing between each Falcon in the Brawl image, so it would make sense if the Falcons in the Brawl image does exceed the center.

EDIT: I don't actually think it's the spacing between the Falcons, but Falcon himself. Captain Falcon seems to take more space in Brawl than Melee...

So what I'm saying, The Final Destination in Brawl is either a tiny little smaller than the Final Destination in Melee, or even the same size. And also thing, Would the creators of Smash really change the size of Final Destination, the most used stage in Melee?

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Yeah they ruined one my favorite stages ever by making it smaller but owell I'll just make it in stage builder...Ill still fight on the brawl one cuz I like the music and the backgrounds....

Dr. Stark

Smash Rookie
I agree with many people here that it does look smaller. But then again thank good for stage builder. I hope I don't have to unlock stage builder.

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
Smaller FD means less chance for projectile spamming. That's a good thing in my book any day.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
It depends on who you main if your ok with the level or not, i mean if your someone with many projectiles your at a disadvantage, but someone like meta knight with loads of melee attacks its an advantage.

2azn4u

Smash Rookie
I miss the advantage of having ranged attacks so I'll probably just play on tiny melee and/or create a custom stage that replicates the old FD.

Top Bottom