• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination (Omega Stages) version differences

WhiteKnight

Smash Cadet
NNID
Stealthfox2
When Watching a stream a little while ago i noticed some differences on certain final destination stages (Omega Stages) that could affect game-play and the metagame.

The first and most obvious difference is that certain stages such as the green hill zone and pictochat stages have walls instead of just a floating platform. This could give an advantage to wall-clinging characters like Greninja or Sheik in competitive play.

Another difference I noticed that others may not have is with the pictochat stage in particular. It's black. you may be wondering what they has to do with game-play: It makes it impossible to see Greninja's shadow sneak move.

If you have anything else you may have noticed or any comments please discuss.

Last edited:

Rayze Darr

Smash Rookie
NNID
Rayze_Darr
3DS FC
5327-0902-3469
I know that when I watch people play on Jungle Japes or Brinstar in Omega mode, the water/lava is still there as an aesthetic addition. It seems distracting, though - I always expect them to be able to jump back out or get blasted upwards. I think aesthetic distractions can definitely play a part in a game like this.

I can't tell you how many times I've lost matches in Brawl because I got distracted by something that doesn't directly affect gameplay, like Mr. Resetti.

DJ Dong

Smash Cadet
The Boxing Ring FD seem to have the smallest blast zones.

They still aren't small enough.

WhiteKnight

Smash Cadet
NNID
Stealthfox2
The aesthetic water/lava is a good point since it is distracting and masks the opponents movement while below the stage

blast zones also bring up a good question, are the blast zones for all the omega stages the same?

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Isn't the Tomodachi Life FD stage pretty high up from the lower blast zone? I thought I saw it be really high up compared to other forms.

Top Bottom