• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

final cutter glitch

FireFox140

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this is old or not but, a couple months back, I first picked up Kirby trying him out like i did with other characters. Well in my match with a friend i attempted to recover using Kirby's Final Cutter move and as soon as i landed , i was 'pushed' off the edge of FD and began to free fall to my doom. I have posted a video and here it is: http://youtube.com/watch?v=MmX5dXAHfik

That was the first time i did the glitch, then a while later it happened again. I didn't post the video for that as this one was a one on one and easier to see. Can someone explain?

FireFox140

Smash Rookie
It seems that when an opponent is caught in the attack and hit to the ground where kirby would land, their body occupies that space leaving no room for kirby to move. I guess the game read it as not landing at all

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
From the looks of it at first I thought it was you being pushed off the stage but it didn't look entirely like that had happened. O well looks like you found the answer to your own question lol

FireFox140

Smash Rookie
xD maybe i have. the second time it happened, my opponents were at the edge as well and when i landed i noticed myself free falling again and i was like noooo lol

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I've never had that exact thing happen to me, but something similar has happened on stages such as pictochat, where you final cutter onto a drawn platform, and if it changes immediately after, you fall like that and can't move.

That sucks though :p

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
I've never had that exact thing happen to me, but something similar has happened on stages such as pictochat, where you final cutter onto a drawn platform, and if it changes immediately after, you fall like that and can't move.

That sucks though :p
Same here...I realized if Kirby uses up-b and lands, but the floor falls out from underneath him before he can release the shockwave, thenhe falls into helpless mode. Unfortunately, that doesn't really apply here, because the shockwave was just about done.

Under the heading of "other interesting stuff that Kirby's Up-B can do" the shockwave kills the cars at Mario Circuit. Just wanted to say that, cuz its so awesome to kill them all at once with a single projectile.

FireFox140

Smash Rookie
xD it does suck. seems that if there is no land for kirby to finish his final cutter animation at the edge or platform, he'll begin to free fall till he lands on something solid.

FireFox140

Smash Rookie
I noticed that as well. I think its cuz most characters freefall after performing their recovery move. Unfortunately, i wasn't able to see if i could grab the ledge to cancel it cuz fox grabbed it before i could >.<

Also if you look closely, as kirby lands, there is a back sliding animation as he releases the shockwave

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Kirby got pushed back by the character on the ground...then got pushed back again, off the edge. You didn't grab the edge the first time because you were holing down. That explains the fastfall as well. I presume this mechanic was implemented to prevent the game from freezing, because something un-interruptable got interrupted.

FireFox140

Smash Rookie
That makes sense. The first video i probably was holding down to spot dodge after the attack finished. hopefully if i ever come across this glitch again it can be cancelled by grabbing onto the stage or otherwise this would be very bad.

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
I think you could recreate that in a Custom Stage or Target Smash Lvl 3 on the moving conveyor belts; land near the edge of the belt and Kirby should go into a freefall. Dunno if it's the glitch you're talking about or just a plain freefall though.

kenja0

Smash Apprentice
This happens all the time in my games, there should be no worry in 1v1 because you can grab the edge since the opponent is on the ground to slide you off and they can't grab the edge in the process. Although it happens a lot, I've always been able to survive it.
It wouldn't be wise to hold down after the attack lands close to the edge though because you do not want to risk falling too fast to miss grabbing the edge like in the 1st vid.

Top Bottom