• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting ZSS help

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
ok I have a real problem fighting this character
my mains tend to be
Olimar, Wario, Luigi, D3, and Im using Jigglypuff more often now
but I just find the right way to approach her
I tend to get stunned, to often, and get hit by ZSS down smash
When Im using olimar the PIkmin get easily brushed right off of her, and I have trouble grabbing her
also is it true ZSS is about as light as olimar
tips would be very helpful

fkacyan

Smash Hero
You're approaching with Olimar, as opposed to forcing ZSS to approach.

That is one of the main roots of the problem here.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Stay grounded. For this reason, Wario, Luigi and Jiggs are all bad choices against ZSS. Olimar and DDD can do fairly well if you stick to the ground and manage ZSS's approach, although I'd put both of them near even. Your best bet is really to camp the hell out of ZSS with those two, and slowly close the gap with shields and powershields.

ZSS is lighter than Olimar. Go figure.

Spike6sic6

Smash Cadet
Don't know if it can help but here's a few things you should keep in mind against ZSS;

-Don't approach her from above.
-If you're gonna stay ranged, make sure you're out of her whip/gun range.
-In stages with holes(FD for example), do NOT bother fighting her out of the stage, no matter your %. She has two very good options for spiking you, so avoid it as much as possible. And for the info, one is a "classic" spike, as in she goes above you, and the second one can be done from under you, so be careful.
-Use whatever projectiles you have. Altho she's not very good at ranged, being in her whip/gun range could easily cost you the match. So if you happen to be in that distance, try and prevent her from whiping you(in other words; attack or retreat).
-As with any fast character, do not try to outspeed her, or in other words, be careful when you're in close range. I've learned that using Samus against Sheik back in melee. Against such fast characters, attacking in close-range is very situational. It should only be done when you know you're gonna hit. Of course, you can't just use projectiles, so that's where you gotta fight her and learn her potential strategies, etc.

That's some info I've collected through playing as ZSS, so hopefully it can help you.

Top Bottom