• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting with amiibos is 100 times more fun than with cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrabell

Smash Cadet
anybody else agree? they give a better challenge than the regular cpu's mindless attacking and blatant cheating.

which amiibo is your strongest?, mines my villager.

Goesasu

Smash Journeyman
Yes they are very challenging. But they cheat a lot with perfect shields and almost always perfect dodges.

My fox, link, marth and mario are OP.
My WFT is just ok, sometimes leaves herself open after punishable smash attacks.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Me and my three amiibos 3-stocked four CPUs in less than 1:30 at one point yesterday.

I later did a game, where I had to try to make more KOs than my amiibos in a 5-minute match.

Sneether

Smash Cadet
Later this week I am gonna try a chex mix of Myself,2 Amiibos,and 2 Level 7 CPUs 2 Level 8 CPUs and a Level 9 CPUs

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
My Luigi amiibo is already a better Luigi then me at level 35. He Iceball approaches me then follows up with grabs in to his Fair combos...

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I recently watched an amiibo take on 4 lvl 9 Jigglypuffs and won. After seeing that. I can't wait to see what my amiibo will do when I get him tomorrow.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
My Captain Falcon Amiibo actually taught me a nifty combo that I never knew about before. Still trying to get it down, but he does it to me all of the time in 1v1 with perfection.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Amiibos are much more fun and less frustrating to fight against and alongside than the typical smash 4 AI. They don't play ultra-passively to the detriment of everything else.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I got my amiibo as an early Christmas present and I already got it to level 50 within 3 hours. At first I can easily beat it in level 50 but it is now at the point that it punishes nearly every move I make. It's like fighting myself and I actually lost badly several matches. I barely won my last game.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
My roommate got a Pikachu amiibo tonight and I leveled it to Lv.50 and it's a goddamn monster. And it's really fun to fight too. It has a human aspect to its strategies how it takes from human players and I love that. It's actually fun to fight a computer for once. It makes me wanna get some more amiibos.

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
Its fun to play against Amiibos, especially in the first matches, when you train them (I developed a bond with my Samus), but for me it gets a little boring at times, probably because right now I only have 1 amiibo, and playing against the same character isn't a lot of fun. I'll probably get more amiibos later (there are a ton of WFTs at a store in my city, now that I know she is rare I'll pick one).

S3R4PH

Smash Rookie
I'm a REALLY big fan and believer in Amiibos now. I want to collect them all and train them so I can learn the matchups for every character haha.

I now have a really good Yoshi and Zelda player as a matchup training partner for Rosalina. I played Yoshi for a while when the game came out, but then moved over to Rosalina as my main. Because I already knew how to play Yoshi, I was able to not only 'transfer my skill' over to the Yoshi amiibo, but now that Yoshi plays more him effectively than I ever did.

With Zelda, I basically hit training mode for 20 minutes on my own to learn all of her moves, checked out the Zelda forum boards for strategies and frame data, and then I trained the Zelda amiibo up to lvl 50 in one night. Now I have a killer Zelda player that lives underneath the same roof as me ROFL.

I've got a Pit on the way, and have Megaman, Sonic, and Ike pre-ordered. I can't wait to receive them and level up my own Rosalina main further haha.

I actually asked my brother who mains Shulk (and is pretty damn good with him- tournament player (Krebs)) to preorder the Shulk amiibo and pre-train him to send to me as a training partner gift since he lives across the country.

Last edited:

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
I just ordered a Peach amiibo. I despise her level 9 CPU because she's so annoying, so I'm really excited what a level 50 can do.

b2jammer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
b2jammer
I agree that fighting against an amiibo is much more fun and satisfying than a regular CPU, but I'll also say that watching two amiibos fight 1v1 is pretty fun too, especially since you can examine the amiibos' strategies without worrying about keeping yourself alive.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
The amiibos create a new level of challenge and fun; I had a really hard but great battle against a friend's Lv. 50 :4marth: and after repated battles with it I felt improved in general.
Also we made an 8 Team Player Smash with teams of a Human and an amiibo; the fights were really chaotic and fun and the amiibos were the last standing but we watched and cheered for them.
In the end we did a team of 4 humans against 4 amiibos; we got destroyed, but it was fun too :p

Radirgy

Smash Apprentice
I enjoy training amiibo's. When they reach level 50 though they start perfect shielding and dodging everything which I never really enjoy so I just feed them items and make them broken for laughs, considering how quickly some players kill me on FG having super powered amiibo's probably help me in the long run.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I enjoy training amiibo's. When they reach level 50 though they start perfect shielding and dodging everything which I never really enjoy so I just feed them items and make them broken for laughs, considering how quickly some players kill me on FG having super powered amiibo's probably help me in the long run.
It learns from you or whatever it fights. Play like a ditz or let it fight loooooow lvl CPUs, and it will play derpy. You can always delete the Amiibo data and try again.

Last edited:

Radirgy

Smash Apprentice
Thinks like perfect shielding and dodging they will always learn no matter what, I have 7 amiibo's, all 7 do it.

Watchful_Eye

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, I dont know much about amiibos. Is it proven that they are better then Level 9 CPUs and that they can adapt your style? I ask this because I have also heard that Amiibos do 50% more damage even when costums are not activated.

In Melee times also some people thought that the AI is able to adept, but I think that was a kind of placebo effect.

b2jammer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
b2jammer
Sorry, I dont know much about amiibos. Is it proven that they are better then Level 9 CPUs and that they can adapt your style? I ask this because I have also heard that Amiibos do 50% more damage even when costums are not activated.

In Melee times also some people thought that the AI is able to adept, but I think that was a kind of placebo effect.
There was definitely a lot of rumor like that in Brawl, but from what I read and what little personal experience I have with amiibos, they seem to actually learn and develop their own playstyles. I have a Mario amiibo I'm still training who really likes grab punishes as well as a rather interesting combo: down throw, down tilt, down smash. I don't really get that with CPUs, even Lvl9s.

In terms of dealing more damage, I don't think it's that significant without equipment upgrades, but I'll have to look more into it (I don't ever feed my amiibos equipment, so I can check their damage output against the wiki). And, depending on how it was trained, amiibos can get much better than Lvl9 CPUs (especially on higher levels).

b2jammer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
b2jammer
Actually, amiibos do get a slight natural increase in stats (my Lvl45 Mario's dash attack, for example, deals 12%, whereas it normally deals 8%), but it's not very substantial compared to equipment upgrades.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Ones I get the ones I want, I'm gonna put them to the test in a 4-way battle (I'm not a big fan of the 8-player Smash mode because it's super hectic). I already got one amiibo (Link) and I'm currently waiting for the third wave to come out so I get them Ike, Mega Man, Shulk and Rosalina amiibos.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I love fighting amiibo, it feels like I have actual friends over, lol.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I love fighting amiibo, it feels like I have actual friends over, lol.
Lesson learned: buy Amiibo friends, get rid of real friends.

I can't have friends because other puddings are so lazy and quietly rude.

Instead, I have a fun time with Sun God, Lady Paine, Zeldoo, and Husbando. In February, Da Feeler and Big Puddin will be joining the party.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
My Amiibros. are EVIL. (Yes, I call my Mario and Luigi Amiibos Amiibros). Mario especially. Not only does he deal absurd damage, but his reflexes are ri-goddamn-diculous. He takes after me in using down smash a lot, but he takes it to a whole new level. Every time you roll behind him: down smash. Everytime you run up to him: sidestep, then down smash. I once tried to grab him like 7 times in a row and he sidestepped them all! He can grab me out of pretty much anything, and he just has reflexes that would piss Mike Tyson off. I'm so proud, yet so salty. I've created a monster.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
The only thing I dislike about Amiibo is the 1.5x(?) damage multiplier to each attack. This isn't the way to amp up difficulty. Although I got Kirby and Pikachu for Christmas to go along with my Day-one-buy Mario.

Duzzzyy

Sing me your lullaby~
NNID
Duzzzyy
I'd say yes but my Samus Amiibo is such a *****, even if I train it to be balls deep. Hopefully Rosaluma and Zamus amiibos will be different.

Mathwall

Smash Rookie
I agree. Just bought an Luigi Amiibo and it is awesome! The only problem is I can't beat him :ohwell:

D

Deleted member

I can't wait until Shulk's comes out. I want to fight a Shulk that properly uses arts (or uses arts the same way I do which may or may not be the best way) for once.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
My Pit amiibo has bathed itself in the blood of the unrighteous and baptised itself in the flames of hell itself.

Aside from the extra damage and some cheaty, cheaty robot-level timing, it's an enjoyable challenge and a potent foe in its own right. I've definitely learned a lot from fighting it. I feel like I'm being rewarding for playing up to Pit's innate strengths rather than just rushing in blindly, and that's definitely helping me improve as a player~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom