• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting some baiters/campers

PlinyTheElder

Smash Rookie
So I've been playing against some friends and have been using Mac regularly to beat them. One of the strategies they've come up with is to just stick to the edge of the stage, shield grab, and attempt to gimp. I've picked up fast on this obviously and don't go for the bait. The thing is, they don't play characters with projectiles so they kind of just stand there and I sort of stand there too. Any way to punish/safely approach?

KingTeo

Smash Apprentice
Grab them? Or you can try to approach and spot dodge or dodge behind them. OR if you want to style on them, use Mac's shortest taunt a good distance away frfom them and maybe they'll taunt back. Then rush them before they can move again.

Sonovin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sonovin
3DS FC
2466-3203-5587
You can try to bait them or run pass them and do a pivot move.

Kinslayer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4597-0744-1374
So I've been playing against some friends and have been using Mac regularly to beat them. One of the strategies they've come up with is to just stick to the edge of the stage, shield grab, and attempt to gimp. I've picked up fast on this obviously and don't go for the bait. The thing is, they don't play characters with projectiles so they kind of just stand there and I sort of stand there too. Any way to punish/safely approach?
Depends on if you want an online answer or a tourney answer.

Tourney answer is get a percentage lead then force them mid screen by dancing around and not approaching them. You have the l ite lead so unless they want to lose by T.O then they must meet you mid screen.

Online answer get stock lead and then time them out.lol

Top Bottom