• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Rosalina

Crystaljiggs

Smash Journeyman
How do i deal with rosalina cause i try to use lots of down tilts to go through the stupid luma but i can't get my grab and up b attacks like i would want to cause that luma is always in the way

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Rosalina is the hardest character in the game to grab. Luma's entire job description is to be in your way. Getting rid of him is your top priority whenever he is alive. Rosalina's punish game on her own is reasonably weak, and even more importantly, she can't seem to kill us on her own. Rosalina's shield and dodges don't protect him. Dash attack, falling on them with Nair, and fortress get some excellent mileage here for separating the two, just don't use them all the time. Aiming Ftilt or Dtilt generally works out since we don't clank with his jabs or rapid jab. You can spray Fire Breath as well, but she doesn't really have issues getting over it. FB is interesting because it stops luma in his tracks as you deal damage, so I would only use it when he's approaching me with jabs. And if luma has sustained no damage, he doesn't get launched from Dtilt's second hit, letting you string the first hit of another. In a real match with a fresh Dtilt, the first two are enough to deal 40% damage, which is most of his health in one second before launching him. And if you do somehow manage to grab rosalina and you're near a ledge or atop a platform, Uthrow can kill a nearby luma instantly by semi-spiking him to the right or left. It won't happen often, it's just really fun to watch. If you grab her with Flying Slam you can also land on Luma to damage him (15%) and then continue your attacks on him before he regroups with Rosa.

Once she's alone, she'll want to run from you. If she takes to the air, you might want to consider staying grounded and covering her landing, or the ledge if that's where she's retreating to. Our aerials aren't terrible in terms or range and damage, but hers can be much better depending on which direction you're approaching her. Especially if we're directly above or under. Respect those moves.

Big Sean

Smash Journeyman
Everything Zapp Branniglenn Zapp Branniglenn is right. In addition though definitely check out how you are approaching. If you are use to just YOLO dash grabbing people ... that's just not going to work against rosaluma. The character is super strong when you are approaching her so just don't in general. You really want to be baiting out bad options from the rosaluma, by dash dancing, dashing in-> rolling back. SHADC, things ilke that. Don't be the dummy that commits to the bad option first. Let the rosaluma player do it.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Listen to these guys, DON'T approach recklessly, wait for a read and chance to separate the two and begin your onslaught on Luma, unlike me who just rushes in and gets smacked in the face but wins anyway.

YSS

Smash Cadet
If you grab her with Flying Slam you can also land on Luma to damage him (15%) and then continue your attacks on him before he regroups with Rosa.
Can't Luma still act while you have Rosalina in this? If so, couldn't Luma just disrupt your slam with an upwards attack? Or will Bowser's slam out-prioritize it?

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Can't Luma still act while you have Rosalina in this? If so, couldn't Luma just disrupt your slam with an upwards attack? Or will Bowser's slam out-prioritize it?
It depends. If luma is separated from rosalina, he can attack during throws like Flying Slam and Uthrow. If they aren't separated, Luma just follows wherever Rosalina's current position is. But you are right, if you try to land on Luma when he can act, his Uair can trade with you, and Rosalina will be released before 18% damage is dealt to her. So I take it back, you'll want to stay clear of luma when landing so this doesn't happen. You'll still have time to turn on Luma before she can act.

As for Uthrow, the best advice is never waste time pummeling. Go straight into Uthrow when you manage the grab. Since Luma's attacks clank with Uthrow's multihit, you're safe for most of the move.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Also, if you grab her and IMMEDIATELY Uthrow, Luma will get caught in it. If you hesitate at all, he won't because Luma jumps behind Rosa a moment after being grabbed (which is kinda a betrayal, really).

Top Bottom