• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fighting peach?

rikabmx

Smash Rookie
My friend and one of my family member are good with peach and i hate to fight peach because of the turnups are annoying? what is the best way to fight them because I feel like their spacing is better then jigglypuff.

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
Have you tried air dodging in order to catch the turnips?
or using a long lasting move like n-air to catch/BEET(:)) out the turnip?

rikabmx

Smash Rookie
Have you tried air dodging in order to catch the turnips?
or using a long lasting move like n-air to catch/BEET(:)) out the turnip?
I've done that and it does help alittle bit but for some reason, her down smash gets me most of the time. How could I counter the down smash of peach?

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
I've done that and it does help alittle bit but for some reason, her down smash gets me most of the time. How could I counter the down smash of peach?
Bait it out through weaving or stay diagonally above her just out of her reach( an awkward spot for many characters)

Cindrex

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cindrex
Fading bairs should assist you with your down smash issue. Kick her in the head and float away. :)

BairSSBM

Smash Rookie
Although spacing is more of a matter of play-style, I think what gives puff the advantage in this match-up is the fact that her aerial mobility is A LOT faster and more efficient than Peach's. Bair is your best friend in this match-up. Since Peach is slower you can typically catch her mid attempt at offense with some bairs. Turnips can be annoying, but people tend to have a pattern throwing turnips (some only throw them forward in neutral, in which case you can just float/jump over them, and some people might attempt to edgeguard with them, again, float over/under them).

One thing to look out for is float-cancel downsmash, or grab (especially downsmash). I've seen a lot of puffs stay in shield after a float-canceled aerial, attempt a shield grab, and get rekt by dsmash. Never crouch, stick to the air, unless you can read the player and get an up-tilt rest or something. Also, if you find them in the habit of dash attacking, you can rest oos to punish.

With regard to stage choice: Typically the stages chosen in this match-up are more player preference than anything else. Personally, I don't like bringing Peach to Dreamland, because it gets real hard to kill her. One thing to keep in mind is that platforms generally help you in this match-up, so FD might not be the best choice, but again it is personal preference.

Last edited:
Top Bottom