• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Mr. Game & Watch

KRDsonic

Smash Master
My neighbor that I battle in brawl every day just switched from maining Mario to maining Mr. Game & Watch. Usually with everyone he would use I could beat him with no problem with Ice Climbers, but now I almost always loose to his Mr. Game & Watch when I'm Ice Climbers. What are some tips on fighting them? I've found out that I can beat him without much trouble if I'm Pit or Sheik, Diddy I'm ok with at fighting him, but if I'm in a tournament and someone counterpicks Mr. Game & Watch against me when I'm Ice Climbers I'll need to know how to fight them.

I'm always so used to grabbing, and mr. Game & Watch is one of the hardest people to grab due to all of his moves with long reach (especially down tilt), and getting close enough to use a smash isn't really an option against him. Now, while I can spam desynced Ice Blocks and Blizzards all day, it won't win a match.

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
Usually, they use Up + B, then Down + A right above you, dodge then grab then you'll have fun from there.

First get them in the air though. xD

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Usually, they use Up + B, then Down + A right above you, dodge then grab then you'll have fun from there.

First get them in the air though. xD
He doesn't though, he plays smart instead. Get off the ground and then you give Ice Climbers control of the stage for a while, so instead he fights me on the ground, and he out prioritizes them on the ground.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Hop backwards and shoot reverse blizzards with both climbers. If you're having trouble spacing those pesky aerials of his, this works REALLY well.

Death Hunter52

Smash Cadet
when g&w dose his up b to dair or anything to dair the ic's up air has more priority so thats an easy win for the ics. that with choknater's blizzard idea pretty much kills all i have seen g&w do effectively. any up smash (with most characters) has more priority then g&w's dairtoo so thats some timing to work on. the dair was my biggest problem when facing g&w.

Blue_Pit

Smash Cadet
Mr game and watch is annoying because it's hard to see watch he is gonna do next

Top Bottom