• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Fox/Falco on brinstar

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This was the First time I ever fought a space animal (Falco in this case) on brinstar. This fight the stage was getting to me more than falco. This is from a draft crew battle I was in. A player that comes in was able to pick the stage they wanted. so I decided this would be a good time to get some counter pick practice. it was Hard for me to Deal with the falco here. I was doing good at the start. then towards the end I screwed up.....as usual..........

So how am I suppose to handle falco/Fox here? Here is a vid of the match. I guess I could blame it on not playing enough falcos and then going to a stage like this. This was recorded 9/8/07. So some advice would be great. thanks in advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j18JnVQDTLU

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Well I think that it's enough...

Judging by the vid, it seemed that you already understood concepts like ''camp on the side platforms'' and ''use the lava for combos'' so there wasn't much more to that.

Separating the stage in two is great versus Marth/Ganon, but you won't get much of a boost from it against Fox/Falco if you don't have a huge lead because they will simply laser you.

Last advice would be that you can use up+b to recover go through the breakable part of the main platform.

So yea I guess it's more of a learn to fight Falco thing.

EDIT: More on the side platforms... they're really good because you can't really be attacked from under when you're standing on them.

Also the lava can save from spikes which gives Peach an advantage since she doesn't have any.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
If you use up b through the breakable part of the platform, it will disintegrate and then you will die unless you've garnered enough height to float onto the stage. Go through other parts of the stage.

You just suck vs. Falco. You tried a lot to cc his dair into a downsmash, which just doesn't work.

Sweet Hat

Smash Cadet
I'm not at your skill level by any means, but I do get to play several friendlies against Darkrain, Jesi, dmac, dyc, among others, and several of them (Jesi in particular) like to throw out their Falcos. One of the most important lessons I've learned is that against a competent L-canceling Falco, Peach's shield grab isn't quite quick enough to avoid getting shined unless your timing is impeccable. I saw that early in the match you took quite a bit of unnecessary damage due to getting shined out of failed shield grabs. On the other hand, I saw you up B out of the shield after you missed a few shield grabs. Other than that it looked like you had some bad lava luck. I noticed there was a lot of camp throwing turnips instead of approaching with them but you're the pro! :p.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm not at your skill level by any means, but I do get to play several friendlies against Darkrain, Jesi, dmac, dyc, among others, and several of them (Jesi in particular) like to throw out their Falcos. One of the most important lessons I've learned is that against a competent L-canceling Falco, Peach's shield grab isn't quite quick enough to avoid getting shined unless your timing is impeccable. I saw that early in the match you took quite a bit of unnecessary damage due to getting shined out of failed shield grabs. On the other hand, I saw you up B out of the shield after you missed a few shield grabs. Other than that it looked like you had some bad lava luck. I noticed there was a lot of camp throwing turnips instead of approaching with them but you're the pro! :p.

Ha! I wish i was a pro.

Uh, yea, lots of crap on my part went bad here. I think I'll lay off the shield grabs. I'm trying to practice wavedashing out the shield more. That can help alot in stead of rolling so much against Falco and his freaking bird gun. I'll pratice some more falco, then I'll take his azz here again. I should do alot better hopefully.

D

Deleted member

When this falco learns to laser, learn to powershield them.

But in regards to this vid, umm..who picked this stage? I take Space animals here. It's my counterpick against them. The lava just owns them. Agreed with DoH.

Oh, and watch for "hot pockets", small spots of lava on the stage which are invisible and can hurt you

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
I can't really think of much to say that hasn't been said, also I'm nowhere near your skill level so feel free to ignore this.

Experience vs Falco is nessecary to do well against him. If you have the exp, Peach can **** Falco so hard. I usually always stay on the side platforms unless I'm approaching or comboing, makes it hard for Falco to laser you and you can CC D-Smash most approaches.

One technique I saw do very well this weekend is destroying the centre part of the stage, if you can get a fast faller down there at the right percents it'll force them to make a pretty laggy recovery on to the stage (Due to lack of grabbable edges) which can easily be punished. If you read this AmcD, thanks man ^_^

The only thing I will say that isn't said here already is Chainthrowing. Even if it's only for 3 throws, it's three throws worth of damage (Plus grab attacks) and a great combo set up. That aside, alls else you need is experience. Great Peach though, look forward to seeing more of you.

Hope this helps,

BB.

Top Bottom