• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Captain Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
Last week I went to a local tournament and participated.After I got eliminated I went to go play some friendlys,I played this one captain falcon,but this was no ordinary falcon,this was R.C. .He was ranked 8th in washington.I ended up getting him down to around 2 stock in every friendly we had.

Heres some advice I can give you Luigimeisters :) (special thx goes to Luigi Ka-Master for helping me)

DI away from all n-airs, and u-airs at mid percents. Try to make falcon pay for those missed SHFFL'ed aerials with the wavedash downsmash approach. At low or semi-low percents, try to get him with an U-throw to U-smash to D-air . DI up at high percents when he tries to do down-throw+knee combo, DI away at low percents and try to neutral air before he can follow it up with an aerial,try to go for easy ledgegaurds on him. Such as b-throw, d-air.If they try

I hope this advice help you Luigimeisters :)

CYA

TheZeroFaReal

Smash Apprentice
Hah, I just played a few friendlies against a Captain Falcon and before reading all this, I've done most of those combos and some editted a little more. I abused uptilt more than downsmash but had some downsmashes in there. I suggest to use those n-airs wisely because we can't forget that C-Falc is incredibly fast. One mess up equals one knee in your face. That tornado combo, I used a lot but you can't spam that because if you don't use the tornade unpredictably it can be very predictable. At like 15% - 70% I think I did this.

Grab - 2 Grab Hits - Up-Throw - Up Tilt - Up Tilt - Up Tilt - D-Air.

Red Yoshi is completly right on how there are different variations of combos for fast fallers. Personally fast fallers are my favorite to fight other than Marth. Captain Falcon should get easier the more practice you get against him. First off, his recovery is predictable, you can wall tech almost all of his edgehogs, even the fancy ones where he runs out up-B's you against the wall =P (Only cause I have too many friends who thinks its cool), and Up-tilts are easy to tech with Luigi as well.

The Captain Falcon Combo that gets me a lot is the 'G-Reg Combo' After a certain percent, the DI you need to do to dodge some of these knees are crazy. Whenever I DI the wrong way =P..., the kill usually ends up with 3 up-airs by falcon, to a sweet spotted knee.

Oh and if you see a falcon spamming that right/left B dragon punch thing, and they have high percents, look forward to a kill by up-Smashing.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
Hah, I just played a few friendlies against a Captain Falcon and before reading all this, I've done most of those combos and some editted a little more. I abused uptilt more than downsmash but had some downsmashes in there. I suggest to use those n-airs wisely because we can't forget that C-Falc is incredibly fast. One mess up equals one knee in your face. That tornado combo, I used a lot but you can't spam that because if you don't use the tornade unpredictably it can be very predictable. At like 15% - 70% I think I did this.

Grab - 2 Grab Hits - Up-Throw - Up Tilt - Up Tilt - Up Tilt - D-Air.

Red Yoshi is completly right on how there are different variations of combos for fast fallers. Personally fast fallers are my favorite to fight other than Marth. Captain Falcon should get easier the more practice you get against him. First off, his recovery is predictable, you can wall tech almost all of his edgehogs, even the fancy ones where he runs out up-B's you against the wall =P (Only cause I have too many friends who thinks its cool), and Up-tilts are easy to tech with Luigi as well.

The Captain Falcon Combo that gets me a lot is the 'G-Reg Combo' After a certain percent, the DI you need to do to dodge some of these knees are crazy. Whenever I DI the wrong way =P..., the kill usually ends up with 3 up-airs by falcon, to a sweet spotted knee.

Oh and if you see a falcon spamming that right/left B dragon punch thing, and they have high percents, look forward to a kill by up-Smashing.
I completely agree with you.The G-Reg combo is devastating.When a falcon is going to knee me I roll away,But I don't want to get predictable.Just like if a fox was going to shine me.Because foxes shine can screw luigi up big time if it is in the right part of the arena.

TheZeroFaReal

Smash Apprentice
I completely agree with you.The G-Reg combo is devastating.When a falcon is going to knee me I roll away,Just like if a fox was going to shine me.Because foxes shine can screw luigi up big time if it is in the right part of the arena.
I can say that when I see a knee coming, I sometimes roll. I don't find rolling useful all the time because:

1. It gets predictable
2. If your friends are fast enough they can dair you.

I'm pretty fast with it so I would wavedash back, then forward and grab doing the combo. If you miss the grab and pass the C-Falc you can always up tilt and get him as he charges at you.

WeedLuigi

Smash Apprentice
U know I have never heard of the G reg combo, does n e one know where I could get a vid of this combo being performed.

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
Ive got a good faster combo...Up throw and wait for him to fall and right before he hits the floor up b... It will work twice without giving him anymore damage and that he cant recover or DI out of >_>.

TheZeroFaReal

Smash Apprentice
Ive got a good faster combo...Up throw and wait for him to fall and right before he hits the floor up b... It will work twice without giving him anymore damage and that he cant recover or DI out of >_>.
Errr... I'm not sure if this actually works... Do you have a video? Umm... What percent would they have to be in? And when I upthrow a Captain Falcon and attempt to up B they seem to be able to DI.

try back throw, edgeguard -_-

a lot of the combos mentioned, dont actually qualify as combos.

btw redyoshi, davids not the best falcon is state, either me, ka-mater or him are. :p

you some kinda luigi main now? play fox again.

nublet06

Smash Lord
i think Falcon has the advantage in this matchup if he knows how to play it. if not......then this match is really fun XD.

i challenge anyone to come to socal.....and beat emerican with luigi. what a pain in the *** that is. i can only do it cause i play with him every day.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
try back throw, edgeguard -_-

a lot of the combos mentioned, dont actually qualify as combos.

btw redyoshi, davids not the best falcon is state, either me, ka-mater or him are. :p

you some kinda luigi main now? play fox again.
I actually play Luigi as a secondary

edit:I also fixed the thread

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Haha Gimpy pretty much beats people at will no matter what character he picks... He's like the Ka-Master of random characters.. :p

I like spamming B-airs to get him away but my advice isn't that solid since i haven't beat the kids falcon with my luigi like 5 out of 100 times :)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
actually my captain falcon sucks and i barely won a single random friendly on multiple flukes. lol

most characters in the game i'm just no good at at all lol

WeedLuigi

Smash Apprentice
actually my captain falcon sucks and i barely won a single random friendly on multiple flukes. lol

most characters in the game i'm just no good at at all lol
I wuz always kinda curious as to how u feel maining with bowser. Have u won tourneys with Bowser. I know that this question has nothing to do with the topic but I jus had to ask.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Luigi can actually do some pretty horrible things to Captain Falcon in the right circumstance, but don't be fooled....you can just easily be murdered by an aggressive Falcon. Us floaties often fall under the incorrect assumption that we can't really be comboed like other characters.....well, if there's anyone who can, it's definitely the Captain.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Loofeezi onry combos Falcon when said Falcon doesn't DI well.

If you DI perfectly, and don't miss consecutive techs, you don't get too *****.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Luigi can actually do some pretty horrible things to Captain Falcon in the right circumstance, but don't be fooled....you can just easily be murdered by an aggressive Falcon. Us floaties often fall under the incorrect assumption that we can't really be comboed like other characters.....well, if there's anyone who can, it's definitely the Captain.
Correction: floaties can't be comboed like other characters. . .unless you're fighting against someone who's fast enough to apply constant pressure. Which Falcon obviously does rather well. And Marth too, now that I think about it.

The thing is, you take any other character who doesn't have the speed/pressuring ability that Falcon/Marth has, and floaties can't be combo'd. Like, for instance, Mario. . .great combos, not so great speed/pressure. And as a result, he can't combo floaties for ****.

And yeah, when EVERYTHING combos into the knee, the matchup is definitely in Falcon's favor. Sorry Luigi.

nublet06

Smash Lord
Correction: floaties can't be comboed like other characters. . .unless you're fighting against someone who's fast enough to apply constant pressure. Which Falcon obviously does rather well. And Marth too, now that I think about it.

The thing is, you take any other character who doesn't have the speed/pressuring ability that Falcon/Marth has, and floaties can't be combo'd. Like, for instance, Mario. . .great combos, not so great speed/pressure. And as a result, he can't combo floaties for ****.

And yeah, when EVERYTHING combos into the knee, the matchup is definitely in Falcon's favor. Sorry Luigi.
marth, falcon, falco, a little bit of fox, jigglypuff, and sheik can combo luigi pretty well.

marth juggles you in the air for a long long time and can steal your jump and put you in serious trouble. especially with his edge gaurding.

falcon is ******** with his combos

if falco has platforms he can combo luigi up to 4 hits pretty consistantly. not to mention that in between his combos he is still hitting you with lasers and is good at keeping you in the air to set up for more juggling.

fox can juggle luigi across FD with multiple nairs. sometimes up to 5 in a row. and often follow his nairs with an up air.

jiggs can do her annoying *** wall of pain that just keeps on taking you out of the level at certain %

and sheik can throw in to anything she wants.....and with so many fast tilts its hard to properly DI out of a tilt combo every time. crouch canceling can help.

the more i play this game i realise that with proper DI and smart teching luigi has pretty crappy combos. and thanks to his floatyness a smart player can stay under you and run circles around you as they pick away until they catches you without a jump or something annoying like that. luigi is pretty crappy at approaching so any fast character can make you look ********.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
All I have to say is stay away from his Uair and Nair, especially Uair as it has better combo ability on Luigi. The only real notable Falcon I remember playing was G-reg himself. Although I got him down to 1 stock and quite high %.. he still beat me. I'm pretty sure he finished off with Uair. Anyways, that was a long time ago.. like August or something.

CC against Falcon = pwnage

After CC use Dsmash or some launcher. Launchers own Falcon.

Keep him in the air until you finish with either Fair or Dair

To defensive Falcons, I like to pressure with SH aerials into Nair. It's useful for either just launching them, or trying to land a Dair on them. If they shield the Dair, then shieldgrab into your Nair they'll be launched. Then Dair them. If it misses, Nair again. Repeat this type of pressure.

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
Umm...most of the time the CF's cant DI away safely at about....<20 dmg... Id say that u max at about 50 dmg even though i can usually get higher...it just kinda depends...it almost always works for me and the only reasonable times it fails is from my mistakes >_>...CF cant di too far away at 20 dmg but once they get to about 30-40 they can move a little bit...thats when you walk or if ur fast enough WD to their spot...Works for me and ive fought some relatively good falcons >_>...
Also...I would say... try to stay low or near the ground >_>...Ftilt and lots of short hop sek kick and backwards WD...Because the Uair is a killer >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom