• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fierce Diety Link For SSBB

Kaento

Smash Apprentice
ehhh...i rather have wolf, young link or skull kid.

somehow i have a feeling that if wolf WAS in brawl. he would be bottom tier...=(
wolf - no, he is the same link that is in brawl so that wont happen
y.link - i would like for it to happen and not be WWlink, just a TP version of him like Buzz has said several times;-)
skull kid- no, too minor of a character imo.

Oni would pwnz so much in brawl..

D

Deleted member

y.link - i would like for it to happen and not be WWlink, just a TP version of him like Buzz has said several times;-)
QFFT.

I don't like WW Link, and I think he looks a little cartoony for my liking. I'd love a TP YL.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think Nintendo won't bring back YLink, in my opinion of course. Buzz is right, it'll be something from the newer games. WW has a better chance, but I hope not... If YLink did, yeah, FD would be awesome for his FS.

Hmmm what about the Four Swords Links? 4 at a time on stage, like IC except you control 4! ???? maybe?

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
FD Link would be fricking awesome! However, I really doubt that it will happen. Would have been cool as Link's final smash, but I also like the one he already has. Oh well. Maybe as a boss or something akin to what Giga Bowser was in melee?

FD Link > WW Link

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
I say he'd make a great Alt. Costume, or as a Playable character. An AT or a Boss would be OK, but it would be akin to taunting me saying "He's in the game....BUT YOU CAN'T PLAY AS HIM!!!"

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, its been confirmed that you can change into Dark Link for one of the costume choices, so.... there is still hope for FD. Although, nobody has mentioned him.

Eight Sage

Smash Lord
in the range of 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Well, its been confirmed that you can change into Dark Link for one of the costume choices, so.... there is still hope for FD. Although, nobody has mentioned him.
IGN said:
Since each character can also switch colors pre-fight, Nintendo took the opportunity to seamlessly include Dark Link as one of the character options. He fights the same, but looks totally badass, which is a must.
Dark link in Brawl! I wonder how many characters suffer this kind of change with costumes...

Tlaloc

Smash Journeyman
FD should had rather been Link's final smash. I don't think he should be a costume or a separate character.

sugarpoultry

BRoomer
BRoomer
FD should had rather been Link's final smash. I don't think he should be a costume or a separate character.
I agree. Dark Link is older (game wise) than FD, and he made it in. So maybe its still a possibility. I hope all the characters have huge changes. ;) Like Sonic being Knuckles or Shadow. Logically speaking with Dark Link being in the picture, all characters should have alter-ego costumes and such.

Sinn

Smash Lord
NO, it was only mentioned from those who have demoed it. Its on IGN somewhere.
It'd be nice if it was the totally black colored Link from the event match...the one that they just turned down all the brightness levels for on his character model. Shadow Link for the win!

gsarany

Smash Cadet
I still think Young Link should have the ability to transform into fierce diety Link. That way it would separate Young Link and Adult Links moveset.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
alternate costume. I want alternate costumes in the game, and that is my top choice for Link. I don't think Feirce should get his own spot.

Whoever said the Deity mask should be an item is a genius too, that would be epic.

and the raccoon leaf from Mario 3 should be an item.

anyways, yeah, in any form Feirce would be amazing.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I bet Ganondorf would stand more than a Chance, Ganondorf is the most powerfull character in the Zelda series, Majora's didn't stand a chance, but he's a ****ing wooden mask...

Ganondorf is a Magician, a thief, a warrior a demi-god etc etc.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
yeah but he keeps getting his *** handed to him by elf-boy. add elf-boy with super mask and he's screwed.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Yes, but all villains get their *** handed to them eventually, with mask or no mask, but it makes you wonder, would it be still hard to beat Mr. G with the mask on? i think it should.

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
To avoid repitition of characters he seems a better choice coupled with the Final Smash...Link turns into Fierce Deity Link then does his normal final smash attack.

Okysho

Smash Ace
I think that Oni Link WOULD be pretty unique since his sword is two handed. I can already see his entrance clip. Y link puts on the mask and then the first starts... but....

This also gives way to other Link fans who want to see more Zelda characters (personally I think midna will be an AT) but there are only really 3 main ones aren't there...

Which is why Oni link is good! More possibilities!

Skullkid

Smash Apprentice
yeah but he keeps getting his *** handed to him by elf-boy. add elf-boy with super mask and he's screwed.
Thing is, Link has the power of the Triforce too. Thats why he gives Ganondorf problems.

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
Thing is, Link has the power of the Triforce too. Thats why he gives Ganondorf problems.
Actually Link has the triforce of courage, but Link has the master sword which is the only weapon that can harm Ganon which is why Ganon always loses. Anyway I would like to see Fierce Deity Link as a stand alone but an alternative costume would be just fine with me.

Mido02

Smash Apprentice
i'd rather Nintendo make Oni Link have a cameo in a Majora's Mask themed stage (possibly a boss room???) because he is too uberly awsome to be controlled by mere mortals. this also opens up an idea that maybe even Majora's Mask (as the boss Mask) be floating around in the level as well duking it out with Oni Link occasionally making contact with opponents. we've already seen stages with a whole lot of wut not in the backround. imagine just watching Oni Link vsing Majora's Mask endlessly is enough to make me wet my pants and call it a day. :)

RWB

Smash Ace
Actually Link has the triforce of courage, but Link has the master sword which is the only weapon that can harm Ganon which is why Ganon always loses. Anyway I would like to see Fierce Deity Link as a stand alone but an alternative costume would be just fine with me.

Ganon was killed by the Magic Sword(not the Master Sword) in Zelda 1. He also takes damage from the Biggoron sword, even though that sword isn't even magical. he also dies from use of the Noble Sword in Oracles...

The triforce is what protects link from ganondorf. Remember the curse on the deku tree? if ganon could cause a god(that's what the tree is) to die from a curse, before he got the triforce of power, why couldn't he do the same to Link? One word: Triforce.

As for Ganon vs FDL... I think ganon would dominate. Sorry. If Link is using a god mask, he is shunning the gift from the gods, the triforce of courage. Not to mention regular Link is far more versatile.

And as I hav said earlier, the Fiercy Deity beats the Mask only because Link wields it. It's quite obvious that the Fiercy Deity itself cannot compare to Majora. Or if it could... tell me why Majora is in possession of the mask.

D

Deleted member

Nice point RWB.

I personally doubt FD Link will be playable. Not that he isn't cool, or unique, its just that he's a super power. Its very similar to those who wanted Super Sonic playable as a seperate character.

If FD Link was to appear, he would be the Final Smash trasnformation for Young Link.

I'd REALLY like a Fierce Deity Mask item for everyone (FD Ike ftw) but that could be too excessive...

Duality

Smash Journeyman
This is stupid, do we really want Super Saiyan Link? No. He was too powerful, even in the game, being restricted to boss fights only. Simply put, there is absolutley NO CHANCE of him getting in.
I do. We can dumb him down. You can't say there is absolutley no chance of him getting in, because you don't know that for a fact. It kinda irritates me when people put percentages of the probability of someone getting in because they don't know at all, they can only guess and assume.

I don't really see FD Link in SSBB, but I don't doubt it. I see him making somewhat of an appearance more than not at all.

It's not like characters are too god-like to join a game. Link kills Ganon in every game, does that give him an advantage of some sort? They can nerf things, you know.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
*prepares to be attacked*
You could always make him a costume for Link. I mean, you would have to change up his armaments. (make his sword smaller, add a shield, etc) At least this way he could be in the game and look cool. Also, no one can complain that he's uber powered and no one can claim he isn't represented.

Kilrain

Smash Rookie
It would be cool if they completely changed Young Link's character, letting him switch between masks in battle (like the Pokemon's Trainer and his down B). Having him alternate between human, deku, and Goron forms would be interesting, and would be a nice way to bring him back and change him from a pathetic Link clone.

The Fierce Diety mask, of course, would be his FS.

Top Bottom