• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FIEND: The infinitely modular brawler

Adderboy

Smash Rookie
Hi. I'm making a game called FIEND. Bullet points.

• It's really easy to add custom content like characters, abilities, stages or items. Yes, this means you can add all the characters you ever wished were in Smash Bros. with absolutely no programming knowledge.
  • It's keyboard & mouse or controller friendly. Optimized for Gamecube and Xbox 360 controllers.
  • I *love* Smash Bros and would love to work with the community to mold the engine to something you'd be interested in playing. Tripping is out, for example, and wavedashing is back in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX4evS8aOoU

I'd like to answer questions. I'm sorry that I don't have a fancy trailer for you guys, but I'm just trying to get a feel for how you'll react to this before I really start marketing this. I love Smash Bros. and I'm a 6-year vet of Smashboards. I mostly lurk, but I was very vocal when Brawl was gearing up for launch. So...that's FIEND. I made it myself.

The video doesn't show a lot of fancy comboing or anything. It's hard to handle two controllers at once, but I'll make a video tomorrow with a buddy so I can get some better footage.

Here's a stage, I guess? Just watch the video!

Top Bottom