• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokkén Tournament Field Phase Discussion

Zoyah

Smash Cadet
What are you guys doing in the Field Phase?

Generally I differ between ranges. At long range I go for a Thunder to try to force the opponent to approach, but attempt to close the gap with things like CADC (soaking damage, baits, etc), cancelling Homing Attack, Mid Air Ranged Attack and regular/side Ranged Attack.

When the gap gets smaller I try to bait them into attacking with something as simple as blocking, if they persist with attacking and don't mix it up they just receive a counter. After the first or second Field Phase I feel I know how they're going to go against my options and just go for the counter to their RPS.

I'm interested to know how other Pikachu players are getting on in the Field Phase. I haven't really said anything about certain MUs since that makes things so much more broader. So speaking generally, what course of action do you take?

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Faking people out with side Y (range attacks) is my go-to. If you condition opponents to either block or run out of the way, it makes them easy pickings for running up and either homing attack (x) or grabbing them through their counter/shield.

Zoyah

Smash Cadet
Faking people out with side Y (range attacks) is my go-to. If you condition opponents to either block or run out of the way, it makes them easy pickings for running up and either homing attack (x) or grabbing them through their counter/shield.
I have to start mixing up the side ranged attack with the follow up. Super strong as a fake out it seems, along with homing attack cancel and CADC. Perhaps doing side ranged attack out of CADC would be good?

Top Bottom