• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FFA tips

Syril

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have any character recommendations/general tips for FFA matches?

D

Deleted member

Do a barrel roll!
**** straight

But seriously, I play a lot of FFA matches because I play with a lot of friends more than singles... so pick a character you're comfortable with (or not) and pick your spots... don't try to fight everyone at once, because that's not happening... the easy way to win is to stand in a position where you have the least disadvantages and you can easily pick apart an oncoming opponent... the best way to have fun is to pick C.Falcon or something and go for reverse Falcon Punches the whole match while other people are fighting :p

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Marth owns FFA.
Link does too.
Peach does tool.
Ganon does pretty good too.

Tips to win FFA's, be gay and cheap.
STand back and let your opponents kill each other, then go and f-smash the guy that just killed the other guy. use projectiles ALOT if you have them.
Don't waste time edgeguarding if there a opponents near you, they'll **** it up. Focus on getting damage built and getting knock off the screen kills

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
Do a barrel roll!
WIN. PURE WIN.

Uhh.. camp camp and more camp. Let them fight eachother, get a stock advantage and then beat the other guy in a 1v1. Take a high tier character.

Thats if you want to be a cheap gay tard. I say just enjoy yourself and try to do crazy stuff for the sake of lols in ffas since theyre not real matches anyway.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Marth owns FFA.
Link does too.
Peach does tool.
Ganon does pretty good too.

Tips to win FFA's, be gay and cheap.
STand back and let your opponents kill each other, then go and f-smash the guy that just killed the other guy. use projectiles ALOT if you have them.
Don't waste time edgeguarding if there a opponents near you, they'll **** it up. Focus on getting damage built and getting knock off the screen kills
I do that exact thing...sometimes I just pick out the weakest link and go at them to lower the number of players. When I'm using Young Link I just stand far away and launch bombs which blow everyone up while they go at it. I just let them tear each other up and rack up the damage, then come from a jump into a Swordplant/Down A to steal kills. It's surprisingly satisfying when your friends get pissed for "taking their kill".

If it were their kill, they would have taken it a while back I always say. :p FFA=Anything goes. :D

Zap Roffo

Smash Rookie
Assuming stock, try to play smart and don't do any laggy moves unless there is absolutely no one near you other than the target. Spam quick, high priority moves (like many characters' sex kicks and tilts), and try not to fight people with low%s, especially if you are high%. Instead try to get others on them or damage them with projectiles from afar.

If you get down in stock, who to mainly target should depend on your 1v1 confidence. If you know you are significantly better than the leader, try to take out the others who are low on stock, because the more people, the more threatened your lives are in this case(they might be teaming the leader, making it easier). If don't have confidence in winning a 1v1 with a stock disadvantage against the leader, try to use the other players to help you even out the game and go from there.

If you think someone is a big threat, try to get them out or at least at a big disadvantage before it becomes 1v1, since having to watch their back against other people makes them so much less dangerous to you.

BUR5T

Smash Cadet
1.dont git involved in battles, try ta stay out tha action becuase you will takes less damage overall if you fought tha least.
2. use a lot of projectiles
3 . Throw yo guns in the mother****in air. spam tha c-stick

Top Bottom