• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FF Issue

Intero

Smash Cadet
I am having some trouble with Fast Falling some moves to where I will FF and the move wont come out in time or the move will be over and I FF to a ticket to the blast zone. So question to all the shulk players out there. Should I FF then input move or input move then FF. to be specific this happens when I SH > Bair > FF or (Jump Monado) SH > FF > Nair or SH > Nair FF which is the correct way to do it so I know which method to practice

DrShankums

Smash Cadet
I don't think there is a specific way you always wanna do it, because every situation is different. If I'm doing shff nairs I do the ff at the apex of my short hop after inputting nair. If I'm in jump I usually FH FF then nair

Last edited:

Intero

Smash Cadet
I don't think there is a specific way you always wanna do it, because every situation is different. If I'm doing shff nairs I do the ff at the apex of my short hop after inputting nair. If I'm in jump I usually FH FF then nair
Thanks for the response. Helps a lot more than you think. :)

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
If you are doing only one jump, you usually want to do the move then fast fall. The only exception to this is if doing a full hop and the neutral air, where I still prefer to do move then ff but you could do it in the other order. In Monado Jump things change a bit, and it is possible to FF first then do the move, but it does not hold an advantage to doing move then ff. However, if doing a full jump in Monado Jump, then it may actually be a good idea to FF first then do Nair.

If you do two jumps and are not in MShield or MSpeed, then you can successfully do FF first for most moves. Of course, NAir is the exception due to being so fast, so you could probably do FF first with that while in MShield or MSpeed.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I look at it as preference. Personally I always SH > N-air > FF most of the time. Some MArts affect your air speed & Jump affects your falling speed so it varies with MArts involved. We're mostly doing generic SH > N-air facing toward the enemy regardless so I FF after the aerial so the hit in front of me is connecting the moment I'm landing.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Does Nair sutocancel? or does it just have very little landing lag?
Little landing lag. The landing lag frames from v1.0.3 Shulk to v1.0.4 Shulk didn't seem to change, & btw Shulk's N-air has 12 frames of landing lag.

Top Bottom