• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Few combos?

TehVilly

Smash Rookie
First of all, Hello smashboards. Im new here.
So I main Villy in 3ds- I was just curious about combos with him.
I always go for dthrow to fair, if possible another fair.
But I really haven't tried dthrow to nair or bair.
What are the other options besides dthrow? I mean, like other combo starter I can use.

Sorry for bad english. :]

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
sourspot dair leads into plenty of things like a tech chase / nair off missed tech into ftilt, perfect pivot utilt at low-mid% dependent on DI, and other combos (even dair into dair if the opponent misses tech, techs in place, or rolls back)
utilt can lead into uair as a link, uair can lead into uair or BAir (BAir is only for airdodge reads in that link)
On fast fallers you can link utilt to perfect pivot utilt dependent on DI, and on heavies you can link utilt to perfect pivot utilt dependent on DI and whether they jump or airdodge. Can't confirm whether UTilt to perfect pivot UTilt is true on fastfallers, but I haven't seen them get out 10%-20%
USmash to UAir, DThrow to UAir to UAir, DThrow to sourspot NAir to UTilt, DThrow to sourspot NAir to FTilt, DThrow to FAir to FAir, DThrow to DAir (airdodge read) to NAir/FAir, Jab Axe, Jab Jab Fair.
This is kinda all over the place since I'm typing it on my phone and I'm leaving in like 5 minutes but the things mentioned here aren't necessarily true, but viable links that can and have been pulled off in tournament sets. I'm still experimenting and labbing with perfect pivots, but it seems perfect pivot utilt may be able to extend more of our smaller combos than I have previously thought. If it ends up being a big deal, I'll make a thread about it.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
sourspot dair leads into plenty of things like a tech chase / nair off missed tech into ftilt, perfect pivot utilt at low-mid% dependent on DI, and other combos (even dair into dair if the opponent misses tech, techs in place, or rolls back)
utilt can lead into uair as a link, uair can lead into uair or BAir (BAir is only for airdodge reads in that link)
On fast fallers you can link utilt to perfect pivot utilt dependent on DI, and on heavies you can link utilt to perfect pivot utilt dependent on DI and whether they jump or airdodge. Can't confirm whether UTilt to perfect pivot UTilt is true on fastfallers, but I haven't seen them get out 10%-20%
USmash to UAir, DThrow to UAir to UAir, DThrow to sourspot NAir to UTilt, DThrow to sourspot NAir to FTilt, DThrow to FAir to FAir, DThrow to DAir (airdodge read) to NAir/FAir, Jab Axe, Jab Jab Fair.
This is kinda all over the place since I'm typing it on my phone and I'm leaving in like 5 minutes but the things mentioned here aren't necessarily true, but viable links that can and have been pulled off in tournament sets. I'm still experimenting and labbing with perfect pivots, but it seems perfect pivot utilt may be able to extend more of our smaller combos than I have previously thought. If it ends up being a big deal, I'll make a thread about it.
I know dthrow to pp utilt is true at very low percents. Idk if this is a better option than dtilt or nair or something else.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
I know dthrow to pp utilt is true at very low percents. Idk if this is a better option than dtilt or nair or something else.
Dunno why I never thought of this, I always think of the complex stuff first lmfao. Thanks for this, gonna see what I can make out of it.

D

Deleted member

Down Throw leads to every aerial, they're all true combos. Only with a couple of percent though, not 0%, in that percent, Down Throw leads into Jab and F-Tilt, D-Tilt in some heavies and fast fallers.

Top Bottom