• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Female Pikachu

Nielicus

Smash Lord
So I was looking on gfaqs (I miss/hate that place so much) and someone pointed out that the Pikachu in today's potd might be female! It's hard to tell and I'm not entirely sure but hey...

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Actually, I don't think it is.
It's more draw distance than anything else really.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
While I do hope that it is a female Pikachu, I think that may just look like it because the camera is zoomed out.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Maybe there is a female Pikachu alternate costume. Or maybe that's just zoomed out awkwardly

I would guess that if there's going to be a female Pikachu outfit, it'll be one of the hats though and not regular Pikachu.

Last edited:

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
Oh. I thought a pokemon's gender was determined by the "male" or "female" symbols in the menu or in battle. Lol. Shows how much I know.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Oh. I thought a pokemon's gender was determined by the "male" or "female" symbols in the menu or in battle. Lol. Shows how much I know.
Generally that's an easy way to know- but as of generation 4 there are physical differences between genders in many if not most pokemon.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
It would be a cool detail to add in, and would help address complaints about the complaints about a lack of female characters.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Interesting! But I doubt it... The degree of the jagged edges over the rest of the tail seem to suggest that it's just that.

But really, we need female Pikachu. It's such an incredibly small detail to adjust.

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
Generally that's an easy way to know- but as of generation 4 there are physical differences between genders in many if not most pokemon.
Gotcha. The last one I played was sapphire on the game boy advanced.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Interesting! But I doubt it... The degree of the jagged edges over the rest of the tail seem to suggest that it's just that.

But really, we need female Pikachu. It's such an incredibly small detail to adjust.
I would think it might be that hatless and red hat pikachu are male, and blue goggles and green headband pikachu are female this time around.

RunawayPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NiftySSB
I agree that it is probably just because the camera is zoomed out, but I would love to have a female pikachu maybe with a bow or a female trainer hat, but I still love my goggles

jigglover

Smash Lord
I doubt that it is female Pikachu, just because it is such a minute detail, and the whole point of alternate costumes and palette swaps are to discern individual characters in a match where multiple of the same character are fighting. In the thick of things, if you lose sight of your Pikachu for a moment it will be very difficult to try and figure out which one has the heart-shaped tail and which one has the straight one... Which then defeats the point of putting the thing in the game anyway.

However having a female Pikachu with a little pink bow or something would work much better.

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
I think it's just a random black line. Sill... it's an easy enough change that I suppose it's possible

ConeZ

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, the picture looks like a Female Pikachu :x
I don't see how everyone thinks there is something there. There appears to be nothing in the way, and the Female Pikachu in-game only has a subtle notch on the tail as well, but it DOES differentiate the gender. Though I do suppose I could be wrong, it appears to be Female, and not a mistaken graphic. Guess I can't really check myself til I own the game though.

Top Bottom