• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fellow Musicians!

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac
Hey all, just wanted to talk to a bunch of other musicians on here!

Any instrument of any kind will do! let me know how long you've been playing, what got you into playing or anything related to your musician career!

I for one am a drummer! I've been playing since i was 6! I was in the drumline in highschool and i've been in a band or two, nothing major. I prefer to play pop-punk (Blink-182, Four Year Strong, etc.) but i will really play any style!

(Not sure if there is an active thread like this, if there is, my bad!)

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac
piano, trumpet, guitar, bass, ukulele, harmonica, and drums
that's awesome. I played trumpet for like half a year lmao. I've been learning how to play the piano recently. I tried to learn how to play guitar also but i can't learn by a book and my attention span isn't good enough to learn by video/ I would need someone to actually be there with me and teaching me haha

Silent Assasin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-5557-9574
I've played on the trumpet for about a whole decade now. I started in middle school all through high school and now in college. The problem for me now though is that the music compositions in college aren't as advanced and as they were at my school. So, now i've decided to just play video game compositions with my trumpet in my free time haha.

Aware.Awake

Smash Rookie
NNID
SamBananas
I play Bass! Have been since I was 14. So 7 years now. I play in a metal/core(similar to Parkway Drive, August Burns Red, etc) band and have been fortunate enough to tour parts of the country twice now! One of which was with a band who is strongly influenced by Four Year Strong.(I'm a big fan of both bands. Although pop punk isn't really my thing.)

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac
I've played on the trumpet for about a whole decade now. I started in middle school all through high school and now in college. The problem for me now though is that the music compositions in college aren't as advanced and as they were at my school. So, now i've decided to just play video game compositions with my trumpet in my free time haha.
That's sweet! I love the trumpet! I've actually been wanting to start a kind of Ska band with a trumpet player! i think it would be pretty rad! and yeah i pretty much just jam and cover songs because it's so hard to find someone who actually wants to be in a band nowadays.

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac
I play Bass! Have been since I was 14. So 7 years now. I play in a metal/core(similar to Parkway Drive, August Burns Red, etc) band and have been fortunate enough to tour parts of the country twice now! One of which was with a band who is strongly influenced by Four Year Strong.(I'm a big fan of both bands. Although pop punk isn't really my thing.)
That's pretty rad. I don't mind hardcore bands, I listen to that alot, but it's just everyone here (El Paso, Texas) is trying to be "hardcore" and it's kinda ruined that scene here lmao. That and my play style is fast with fills and different tempos/beats. And man thats cool! hopefully you guys get your big shot!

D

Deleted member 269706

Hey nice idea for a thread! I'm a guitarist, been playing for almost 3 years now...Not the best cause I'm self taught, but I know enough to get by :p Managed to pick a few things on the drum set from my buddy whose a drummer, but I can't do much, haha. I've also been experimenting with digital music, but haven't really had a lot of time or motivation to know more. Big fan of playing video game music (cause melody is what really pulls me into a song, and VGM has the best melodies). But I'm also a huge fan of rock, classic or new, it's all good stuff!

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac
Hey nice idea for a thread! I'm a guitarist, been playing for almost 3 years now...Not the best cause I'm self taught, but I know enough to get by :p Managed to pick a few things on the drum set from my buddy whose a drummer, but I can't do much, haha. I've also been experimenting with digital music, but haven't really had a lot of time or motivation to know more. Big fan of playing video game music (cause melody is what really pulls me into a song, and VGM has the best melodies). But I'm also a huge fan of rock, classic or new, it's all good stuff!
thanks! tryna become a bit more active on the site! and nice yeah, I'm self taught a bit i guess but once i hit middle school i joined band and started messing with all percussion and I've been drumming since then! (going on 21) so a good 16 years. I love to play video game music but it is pretty hard when you are a drummer lmao

Last edited:

VekelTheMan

Smash Rookie
Hey! I used to play in a pretty serious band but now I left due to future issues. ( job security, work/money output etc. )

But alas, I am still a musician! I play the bass, tenor saxaphone and the ukulele. Bass is my best instrument. I would love to learn the piano. I get so jealous and swayed by how a pianist makes the most beautiful music with only his two hands.

Himynameisisaac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Himynameisisaac
Hey! I used to play in a pretty serious band but now I left due to future issues. ( job security, work/money output etc. )

But alas, I am still a musician! I play the bass, tenor saxaphone and the ukulele. Bass is my best instrument. I would love to learn the piano. I get so jealous and swayed by how a pianist makes the most beautiful music with only his two hands.
I know, the piano is such a beautiful instrument! But I've always loved the sax as well. Such beautiful music has been made with that instrument! I would like to learn how to play a brass instrument.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Been playing piano for nine and a half years, and studying music theory for five.

Did anyone here major or minor in music?

Happ

Smash Rookie
NNID
Happhazardous
3DS FC
2852-8179-5097
Ive been playing drums for about 9 years, and have been meaning to learn how to play bass and piano. Currently not in a band though

Been playing piano for nine and a half years, and studying music theory for five.

technically not really, but i did major in recording arts

GeZ

Smash Lord
Ive been playing drums for about 9 years, and have been meaning to learn how to play bass and piano. Currently not in a band though

technically not really, but i did major in recording arts
Recording arts is cool. I'm not super surprised that nobody took music as a major though. It's a freaking hard gig.

Yurika

Smash Rookie
I played the piano growing up, lately I've been listening to Yamaha-based music, it almost makes me want to do it again. But the type of things I have been listening to will probably take a lot to get good at. My busy life won't work well enough with that.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
Played piano when I was very young, then migrated to trumpet throughout junior high. My main squeeze now? Guitar. Been self taught for years and now thanks to Rocksmith I feel comfortable with my playing. I love playing metal. Metal is life in my eyes. I have a Power/Death kind of style when I play. It's quite nice.

jaytorgator

Smash Cadet

Majoring in music starting next year, I'm just a senior in high school right now. May switch to Violin or Piano Performance, or Music Composition, but I definitely know I'll be doing something music related.

Pianist for 10 years, Violinist for 9, Guitarist for 4, Bass-Guitarist for 3. Here's a video of me playing Vivaldi's Winter with my Orchestra.

http://youtu.be/s8sJjBgfqYo?t=1m11s

GeZ

Smash Lord
Majoring in music starting next year, I'm just a senior in high school right now. May switch to Violin or Piano Performance, or Music Composition, but I definitely know I'll be doing something music related.

Pianist for 10 years, Violinist for 9, Guitarist for 4, Bass-Guitarist for 3. Here's a video of me playing Vivaldi's Winter with my Orchestra.

http://youtu.be/s8sJjBgfqYo?t=1m11s
Now that's some good **** man. You interested in Orchestra work?

jaytorgator

Smash Cadet
Now that's some good **** man. You interested in Orchestra work?
Thank you very much, haha. Yes, I'm interested in Orchestra work, but more specifically Baroque Ensembles. I've been playing in my school's Baroque Ensemble for three years now, but if there's no Baroque Ensembles at the college I'm attending, I guess I'll continue to play in the school's symphony or something.

If I do, though, I'll need to find a private teacher. I've never had a day of private violin tutoring in my life.

I'm more interested in composition, though. Playing in an Orchestra is fun and all, but I think that creating music is a lot more rewarding. I composed these two tracks for a video game (that never saw completion):
https://soundcloud.com/pangorondo/waltz-1st-draft
https://soundcloud.com/pangorondo/1st-draft

And in my spare time, I might sing a tiny bit.
https://soundcloud.com/pangorondo/belle-jack-johnson-cover

Last edited:

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
I main piano :p
I play with a few of my friends, we're like an Indie Pop band. We haven't had the chance to play any shows yet, but we've been together for a couple years.

V_x_I_D

Smash Apprentice
NNID
V_x_I_D
My main instrument is ukulele, but I also play the guitar, bass, alto sax, and the recorder.

GeZ

Smash Lord
All right, well how were you guys all trained and do you have a favorite musician for your respective instrument?

I played only jazz for a while, but I got into some really cool piano stuff from this musician Ben Folds. If you play piano definitely check him out. He's got a style you won't find anywhere else.

McKnightlíght

Getting back into the dunk game
NNID
EvanMcKnight
3DS FC
4399-0018-3572
All right, well how were you guys all trained and do you have a favorite musician for your respective instrument?

I played only jazz for a while, but I got into some really cool piano stuff from this musician Ben Folds. If you play piano definitely check him out. He's got a style you won't find anywhere else.
Ben Folds is insanely talented. I really like Ben Thornewill from Jukebox the Ghost. His style is different from Ben Folds, but is equally impressive.

V_x_I_D

Smash Apprentice
NNID
V_x_I_D

I'm a music major, so I've had extensive training in theory. I would probably say that my favorite musician for the classical guitar is Francisco Tarrega.

M.C.Jeducation

Smash Apprentice
I'm a singer, but I also play piano. I've played piano for about 7 years with lessons on and off so its nowhere near full 7 years experience. I've been singing for about 6. I primarily sing Music Theatre songs as I hope to have a career in music theatre when i'm older.

Apart from music theatre I sing rock, jazz and older pop songs usually accompanying myself on piano, I love playing jazz songs on the piano but they're usually pretty difficult so I suck at them xD

Top Bottom