• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Feel the Stretch through Your Arm and Leg: Wii Fit Trainer Hitbox Data

Human Anatomy: Wii Fit Trainer Hitbox Data

In this thread, you will find nearly everything you need to know about our favourite Trainer's hitboxes. Frame data, knockback, invincibility - it's all here!

Attack|Damage|Knockback|Notes
Jab 1 Front|3%|22 KB|Weight-based set knockback
Jab 1 Back|2%|41 KB
Jab 2|2%|22 KB|Weight-based set knockback
Jab 3|3%|0 KB, 32 KB|Middle foot hitbubble buries
FTilt Front|9%|47 KB|Horizontal knockback
FTilt Back|9%|47 KB|Vertical knockback
DTilt|12%|34 KB
UTilt|8%|35 KB
Dash Attack|6%|59 KB
FSmash Uncharged|16%
FSmash Charged|22%
DSmash Uncharged|11%
DSmash Charged|14%
USmash Uncharged Bottom|16%
USmash Uncharged Middle|15%/8%
USmash Unchaged Top|19%/12%
USmash Charged Bottom|21%
USmash Charge Middle|?%/12%
USmash Charged Top|26%/21%
Pummel|3%|0 KB
FThrow|10%|45 KB
BThrow|3%+6%|0 KB+55 KB
UThrow|11%|61 KB
DThrow|7%|58 KB
NAir 1|5%
NAir 2|9%
FAir Front|10%/6%
FAir Back|10%/6%||Sweetspot spikes
BAir|14%/11%/6%
UAir|10%
DAir|13%/8%||Sweetspot spikes
Sun Salutation Uncharged|5%|28 KB/12 KB| Second knockback value is for the pushing hitbubble
Sun Salutation Charged|18%|39 KB/12 KB|Heals 1% upon being launched. Second knockback value is for the pushing hitbubble
Header Ball|8%/9%/8%||Deals 8% near time of generation, 9% during arc, and 8% after the bounce
Header Headbutt|15%||Spikes
Super Hoop|5%|19 KB
Deep Breathing|x1.2||Heals 2% when used successfully
Enriched Sun Salutation Uncharged|3%
Enriched Sun Salutation Charged|20%
Weighted Header Ball|11%/12%/13%||Deals 11% near time of generation, 12% middle arc, and 13% end arc
Weighted Header Headbutt|15%||Spikes
Huge Header Ball|5%/4%/3%
Huge Header Headbutt|15%/10%
Hoop Hurricane|2%x7, 4%|45 KB, ? KB|Mashing B increases the vertical flight distance and the number of weak hits delivered. Maximum number of weak hits is 7. If move is executed without mashing B, will deliver 6 weak hits with no strong finishing hit. If B is pressed 3 times, will deliver 5 weak hits and the strong finishing hit. If B is pressed 4 times, will deliver 6 weak hits and the strong finishing hit. Pressing B 5 or more times will deliver 7 weak hits and the strong finishing hit. B must be pressed quickly
Jumbo Hoop|6%|55 KB|No finisher. Mashing B increases the vertical flight distance. Maximum number of hits seems to be 6, but more might be able to connect with proper spacing and characters with faster falling speeds
Volatile Breathing|15%/8%|73 KB/43 KB|Does not heal or add a damage multiplier

Last edited:

kunimitsu877

Smash Apprentice
Hey WFT boards!. I've gotten the full game today, so I'll be compiling data on WFT's moveset and posting it here. This is still a WIP, so I'll be udpdating it for maybe the next two days or so. If there's anything else you want to know just say so here.

Terminology
  • Hitbubble/hitbox: The area of an attack that exerts an effect. They are more commonly known as "hitboxes", but they are in reality spherical, making them "bubbles". These can be damaging, burying, pushing, etc. A hitbubble can have multiple effects at once. For example, Villager's DSmash's hitbubbles are both burying and damaging
  • Sweetspot/Sourspot: A single attack will usually have multiple hitbubbles. If some of these hitbubbles cause less damage than others, then the weaker ones are called sourspots, and the stronger ones are called sweetspots. However, for any hitbubbles to count as sweet/sourspots relative to each other, they must exist at the same time for any length of time
  • Decaying hitbubble: A decaying hitbubble is a hitbubble that weakens over time, but remains the same hitbubble. For example, in its initial frames of existence, an uncharged FSmash's hitbubble deals 15% damage. However, if the enemy runs into it in its later frames, it deals 13%. It is still the same hitbubble, it just got weaker. These do not count as sweet/sourspots because they are a single hitbubble
  • Hurtbubble/hurtbox: The area of an entity that can collide with hitbubbles or other hurtbubbles. They are more commonly known as "hurtboxes", but they are in reality spherical, making them "bubbles". Less commonly known as collision bubbles

Vital Attack Data
Jab 1 Front|3%|22 KB|Weight-based set knockback
Jab 1 Back|2%|41 KB
Jab 2|2%|22 KB|Weight-based set knockback
Jab 3|3%|0 KB, 32 KB|Middle foot hitbubble buries
FTilt Front|9%|47 KB|Horizontal knockback
FTilt Back|9%|47 KB|Vertical knockback
DTilt|12%|34 KB
UTilt|8%|35 KB
Dash Attack|6%|59 KB
FSmash Uncharged|16%
FSmash Charged|22%
DSmash Uncharged|11%
DSmash Charged|14%
USmash Uncharged Bottom|16%
USmash Uncharged Middle|15%/8%
USmash Unchaged Top|19%/12%
USmash Charged Bottom|21%
USmash Charge Middle|?%/12%
USmash Charged Top|26%/21%
Pummel|3%|0 KB
FThrow|10%|45 KB
BThrow|3%+6%|0 KB+55 KB
UThrow|11%|61 KB
DThrow|7%|58 KB
NAir 1|5%
NAir 2|9%
FAir Front|10%/6%
FAir Back|10%/6%||Sweetspot spikes
BAir|14%/11%/6%
UAir|10%
DAir|13%/8%||Sweetspot spikes
Sun Salutation Uncharged|5%|28 KB/12 KB| Second knockback value is for the pushing hitbubble
Sun Salutation Charged|18%|39 KB/12 KB|Heals 1% upon being launched. Second knockback value is for the pushing hitbubble
Header Ball|8%/9%/8%||Deals 8% near time of generation, 9% during arc, and 8% after the bounce
Header Headbutt|15%||Spikes
Super Hoop|5%|19 KB
Deep Breathing|x1.2||Heals 2% when used successfully
Enriched Sun Salutation Uncharged|3%
Enriched Sun Salutation Charged|20%
Weighted Header Ball|11%/12%/13%||Deals 11% near time of generation, 12% middle arc, and 13% end arc
Weighted Header Headbutt|15%||Spikes
Huge Header Ball|5%/4%/3%
Huge Header Headbutt|15%/10%
Hoop Hurricane|2%x7, 4%|45 KB, ? KB|Mashing B increases the vertical flight distance and the number of weak hits delivered. Maximum number of weak hits is 7. If move is executed without mashing B, will deliver 6 weak hits with no strong finishing hit. If B is pressed 3 times, will deliver 5 weak hits and the strong finishing hit. If B is pressed 4 times, will deliver 6 weak hits and the strong finishing hit. Pressing B 5 or more times will deliver 7 weak hits and the strong finishing hit. B must be pressed quickly
Jumbo Hoop|6%|55 KB|No finisher. Mashing B increases the vertical flight distance. Maximum number of hits seems to be 6, but more might be able to connect with proper spacing and characters with faster falling speeds
Volatile Breathing|15%/8%|73 KB/43 KB|Does not heal or add a damage multiplier
isnt she/he considered top tier by most fans

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
isnt she/he considered top tier by most fans
No one knows yet and this applies to every character. She's awkward to use at first so a lot of people end up thinking she is weak. There's quite a few of us around here though who think she is very strong.

My opinion: she's not quite on the level of ZSS/Greninja/whoever you think is top tier but she's tourney viable for sure.

AscWolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AscWolf
Looks like Fsmash, Dsmash and bair got nerfed by 1%

It also seems that Deep Breathing gives you now a x1.1 dmg buff since fair does only 11% instead of 12%?

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Very nice! But what do the slashes mean for moves that have multiple numbers?

It's probably some obvious answer, I haven't eaten since 10 and everything is blury

This will be updated soonish to bring it in line with the rest of my hitbox data projects. This means frame data, true knockback values, all of that good stuff!

Though the method I'm using doesn't give me cooldown, so if anyone here has a capture card that can record @60fps then that would be a big help. It also doesn't give deep breathing penalty mechanics or header ball damage stuff, so I'll have to continue working on that manually.

Last edited:

⑨ball

Smash Ace
This will be updated soonish to bring it in line with the rest of my hitbox data projects. This means frame data, true knockback values, all of that good stuff!

Though the method I'm using doesn't give me cooldown, so if anyone here has a capture card that can record @60fps then that would be a big help. It also doesn't give deep breathing penalty mechanics or header ball damage stuff, so I'll have to continue working on that manually.
This is literally the only reason I've been waiting to get another wii u. Trying to get everything at once.

Updated with a WIP of the table. I'm actually experimenting with formatting, so go check out my post here for an example of a XenForo table vs. an embedded Google Docs spreadsheet.

The main reason I'm using an embedded sheet is because that is infinitely faster than typing out the code for a table. It is also a lot more versatile than a table in terms of formatting. The drawback though is that it sort of looks ugly and bloated.

Right now I think I might actually split up the document into multiple sheets for different action groups (smashes, specials, etc.). That could make finding the move you want to see data for a lot easier.

Also you'll notice I left USmash basically incomplete. This is due to a weird thing going on that for some reason is also found on Marth's FAir but with different "settings". Also a currently unknown element that I'll try and figure out. Then it has that weird nonexistent hitbox

And Jab 1's one-frame hitbox

And Jab 1 and 2's undefined intangibility

And DTilt's mystery windbox

All in all Wii Fit Trainer has a really ****ed up messy moveset

Last edited:

GalaxyWaffles

Smash Apprentice
Dtilt has a windbox lol whut? Do we know if it's a strong or weak windbox?

Since Jab 1 and 2 have intangibility.. that basically means she can't be hit right?

Dtilt has a one-frame "wind"box that only hits grounded enemies, and since they are basically guaranteed to get hit by the regular hitbox afterwards, it's impossible to notice. I suppose if the target became invincible the frame when the normal hitbox would collide, you could notice it then?

Regarding whether it is strong or weak, I'll get back to you on that after comparing to other similar windboxes. It's important to note though that since it has fixed knockback, it will always apply the same amount of knockback to a character with a certain weight at whatever percentage. Like Jab 1 and Jab 2, or FLUDD

Jabs 1 and 2 have a flag or command or whatever resetting bone intangibility on F17 and F1 respectively. Each time this happens, ResetBoneIntagibility is tied to subaction 0EF, though when I look at that, there is no data whatsoever: no game (hitbox) data, no sound effects, no visual effects, and no expression data. Furthermore, this ONLY happens TWICE in her ENTIRE moveset, on Jabs 1 and 2, and both times, there is nothing before the reset flag indicating that intangibility was set in the first place. Testing by jabbing a walking Bob-omb to see if she is intangible with both the front and back hits of Jab 1 and at different heights to see if only certain parts of her are intangible have yielded nothing.

Also, for some reason, nearly all of her hitboxes anchored to leg and feet bones lack the flags for SDI, Hitlag, element, tripping, etc. They just have the values themselves, but nothing indicating that they do actually correspond to the aforementioned attributes. I'm pretty much sure that they do relate to those things and that I've recorded it correctly though, because they are in the corresponding parameters. I suspect this is related to the fact that the back hit of FAir ignored shields pre-v1.0.4

Like I said, WFT has really janky coding for her moveset.

Also, this spreadsheet updates in real time as I update the original file, so keep this thread open and refresh it! If you want of course

Last edited:
I'm only mod for the Villager boards, so I can't do mod magic in any other boards, ha ha. We'd have to go through either @Werekill or a super mod or someone who mods the character discussion section

This is nearly "done". I just need to wrap up Deep Breathing stuff and that's it

I used quotes because it's going to be missing frame data for specials, data on the header ball, ending lag, and dodge stuff. I also need to iron out the specifics of invincibility on USmash but that is also going to need to be done manually

Also I need some time alone because I've always though DB increased WFT's weight since I could have SWORN I read an in-game tip that said it did, I SWEAR, but testing shows that weight stays the same.

As of v1.0.4, the damage multiplier from DB is ×1.15. It was either nerfed from v1.0.3, or rounded up due to inaccurate testing (it's most likely the latter since I did not have all of the fancy stuff the Wii U version provides for accurate testing)

Steady Breathing does not make WFT impossible to launch, despite that being the custom's in-game description. Instead, it just increases her weight a LOT.

Metal Steady Breathing Wii Fit Trainer does not get knocked down at ANY percent by Falco's FTilt.

Non-metal Steady Breathing Wii Fit Trainer gets knocked down at 478% by Falco's FTilt. By knocked down I mean she receives the BARE MINIMUM knockback to have her land face-down/face-up.

For comparison, Metal Hyper Shield Stance Shulk gets knocked down at 570%.

Regular Hyper Shield Shulk has a weight value of 189. Metal box triples a user's weight.

That means that Steady Breathing increases Wii Fit Trainer's weight to nearly 567. It's probably closer to around 520.

This is ****ing crazy but there you go

Last edited:
Alright, well, this is complete! And by complete, I mean I've taken all the data I can at the moment from mastercore. I'll probably be updating this irregularly with really minor stuff as we decrypt more and more of the code, but for now, this has nearly all the relevant information you would expect from frame data. Like I said, I'm hoping to get a capture card in soon so I can get FAFs and REAL frame data for specials. But aside from that and some small formatting issues (why won't the borders on the Smashes and Aerials sheet appear! Why won't the locked headers stay locked!!!), this is done!

If you guy have any questions at all or suggestions to improve the readability or presentation, then please go ahead and say so! I love receiving feedback.

Last edited:
It's really my pleasure. There are so many awesome people finding out cool things for the character so I wanted to chip in too!

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
During the initial frames after Steady Breathing is successfully activated, the Wii Fit Trainer has super armor; that is probably what the description of the move meant.

I was trying to verify whether that move applied a multiplier to either the weight stat or the final knockback value. Since it didn't affect how fast the two platforms would fall in the Garden of Hope stage and the knockback of the first three hits of Samus's aerial Screw Attack were affected, it appears that the multiplier affects the final knockback value. According to my calculations, the knockback multiplier is approximately 0.22x or 0.2x.

Last edited:
Just used Mario's BThrow, since the animation speed is weight-dependent, to verify this. No difference in duration when throwing WFT and SBWFT. Excellent catch!

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Also, for Deep Breathing, if you wait for long enough, then the damage of the attacks will be as strong as when it is used the first time. I've estimated the multiplier applied to the damage values of Wii Fit Trainer's attacks when Deep Breathing is used too early to be approximately 1.1525x or a number between 1.152 and 1.153.

Yes, penalties wear off on their own after a certain amount of time. Deep breathing multiplies damage by 1.16 without penalties, and by 1.15 with them.

Which attack did you use to test? I used DSmash when I was doing this since it has 10% base damage.

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
I used the fully-charged side smash attack and the fully-charged up smash attack in order to test. I had noticed that the displayed damage values were 1% higher than they would be if the multiplier was 1.15x. I had used a few other attacks in order to see what the range of possible multiplier values is.

Last edited:
Yep, 1.1525 seems right. I did DB once, then as soon as it wore off, I did it again. I used uncharged DSmash on Bowser 40 times this way, SDing after the second DB wore off just to keep things uniform.

If it were 1.15, then 10 * 1.15 * 40 = 460

If it were 1.1525, then 10 * 1.1525 * 40 = 461

And it was 461! Now I gotta test the 1.16 multiplier to check its accuracy too.

Also, I'm updating the sheet with some minor formatting stuff to bring it into line with my other sheets. Also also

Uncharged USmash has full-body invincibility on F12-14 (3F). This was tested by initiating various attacks with different hit-on frames on the same frame that USmash was initiated.

Steady Breathing has super armour on F1-21 (21F). This was tested by initiating various attacks with different hit-on frames at the same frame that SB was successfully done.

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
Yep, 1.1525 seems right. I did DB once, then as soon as it wore off, I did it again. I used uncharged DSmash on Bowser 40 times this way, SDing after the second DB wore off just to keep things uniform.

Steady Breathing has super armour on F1-21 (21F). This was tested by initiating various attacks with different hit-on frames at the same frame that SB was successfully done.
Woah really? Like just taking the breath before it's actually activated? That increases the usefulness quite a bit.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Woah really? Like just taking the breath before it's actually activated? That increases the usefulness quite a bit.
No, Volatile Breathing is the one that gives to you super armor during the start-up. Steady Breathing gives to you super armor during the first few frames of activation.

Yo everyone, here are FAFs and other goodies for WFT's moveset + Specials 1

FAF stands for First Actionable Frame, which is just the first frame after an action during which any action you input will begin execution the very next frame, just as though you had input the action from neutral.

Action | FAF
Jab 1 | F25
Jab 2 | F29
Jab 3 | F39
FTilt | F32
UTilt | F34
DTilt | F37
FSmash | F61
USmash | F57
DSmash | F56
Spotdodge | F25
BRoll | F29
FRoll | F29
Airdodge | F31
Sun Salutation charge ground (shield cancel / earliest launch frame) | F17
Sun Salutation ground | F56
Sun Salutation ground from charge | F39
Header ground (shield cancel) | F9
Header (landing lag) | 30F
Deep Breathing (shield cancel) | F10
Deep Breathing no penalty earliest successful input | F50
Deep Breathing no penalty latest successful input | F58
Deep Breathing (success) | F30
Deep Breathing no penalty duration | 505F (8.4167S)
Deep Breathing (failure) | F48
NAir | F34 (14F landing lag)
FAir | F45 (15F landing lag)
BAir | F48 (20F landing lag)
UAir | F39 (15F landing lag)
DAir | F44 (20F landing lag)
Super Hoop (landing lag) | 30F
Grab Standing | F28
Grab Dashing | F37
Grab Pivot | F34

Earliest Header headbutt is F15. Latest Header headbutt (auto-headbutt) is F31.

Super Hoop hits on F5.

Deep Breathing duration was calculated from (including) the first frame success GFX begin, to (including) the last frame WFT flashes white. If USmash is anything to go by, effects indicated by the white flashing are only indicated by every first frame of a flash, and not the frames afterwards where the white is sort of wearing off.

Things I'll do once I get back from work:

-Find Pummel FAF
-Find Grab > grab action FAF
-Find Throw FAFs
-Find dash attack FAF
-Find Header FAF
-Find ledge option FAFs
-Find trip option FAFs
-Double check Jab 1 FAF cause it looked like a frame got repeated, might be a glitch?
-Double check USmash FAF just in case
-Double check DB failure FAF
-Double check Sun Salutation stuff because woah, that's a lot and I might have missed something

Last edited:

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
Question, is it me or does the back hand of Fsmash have slightly more range than the front hand?

arcticfox_14

Smash Cadet
NNID
arcticfox14
I don't understand the header's hitbox. I've been playing with WFT as a secondary for a couple days and dozens of what felt like should have been solid spikes sent the enemy off stage flying into a side blastzone instead. It felt like the soccerball's hitbox took over. Other times opponent's spikes coming from above me get overpowered and they're sent into the abyss instead. This is a weird attack.

I desperately need some visual representation for the hitbox, has anyone found/made anything like this?

Last edited:

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
I don't understand the header's hitbox. I've been playing with WFT as a secondary for a couple days and dozens of what felt like should have been solid spikes sent the enemy off stage flying into a side blastzone instead. It felt like the soccerball's hitbox took over. Other times opponent's spikes coming from above me get overpowered and they're sent into the abyss instead. This is a weird attack.

I desperately need some visual representation for the hitbox, has anyone found/made anything like this?
The meteor hitbox is solely her head, I know it's weird. I think I heard someone say it's like her whole upperbody but I haven't heard much on it. But once I heard it was her head and not some magical please in between, if I was specifically going for the spike slightly under and off to the stage I header toward the stage, away from them and the back of her head hits them without worrying about the ball, and if it misses the ball will ricochet off the stage and hit whoever's behind me. It's pretty helpful.

arcticfox_14

Smash Cadet
NNID
arcticfox14
The meteor hitbox is solely her head, I know it's weird. I think I heard someone say it's like her whole upperbody but I haven't heard much on it. But once I heard it was her head and not some magical please in between, if I was specifically going for the spike slightly under and off to the stage I header toward the stage, away from them and the back of her head hits them without worrying about the ball, and if it misses the ball will ricochet off the stage and hit whoever's behind me. It's pretty helpful.
Okay, so my day 4 WFT is better, so maybe I'll try some of these spikes you're describing.
I guess my biggest problem is figuring out where to initiate the attack relative to my opponent off stage. Like, when I'm upright and ready to Forward+B, is the spike hitbox directly above where my head is now, or slightly in front too?
Enough experience will help me figure it out I guess.

Also, is it just me or is ganon's up+B ridiculously easy to spike?

Last edited:

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
Okay, so my day 4 WFT is better, so maybe I'll try some of these spikes you're describing.
I guess my biggest problem is figuring out where to initiate the attack relative to my opponent off stage. Like, when I'm upright and ready to Forward+B, is the spike hitbox directly above where my head is now, or slightly in front too?
Enough experience will help me figure it out I guess.

Also, is it just me or is ganon's up+B ridiculously easy to spike?
You would want to stay above them and between them and the stage, that way you are in a good place to start your side B as they initiate their double jump or (character depending) Up B and it usually gets the spike. It has a lot of interesting characteristics, you should check out some more on the WFT Header Special page http://smashboards.com/threads/a-strong-body-is-the-base-of-a-strong-mind.371980/

Also Ganon's Up B has to respected, but yeah, there are times I've totally dunked Ganon's Up B's, those were good times.

⑨ball

Smash Ace
This wasn't ripped from the engine so it's not pinpoint accurate but it's likely pretty close.

If you're hitting them forward and not spiking them, you're most likely hitting with the ball or both and not solely the head. Like moofpi said, turning around can take the ball out of the equation, but you need to space yourself correctly to get as much space control on it as you would attempting it from the front.

Top Bottom