• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 7, 2015] Ultimate Turbo Smash at the McMansion 6 : Championship... (Gulf Breeze, Florida)

Fro Fo Sho

Smash Rookie
Pre-reg doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1recAG7wAm1PdBlGOZGXnmDr_--Cy9XLyI2T3yuo9f78/edit?usp=sharing

It's back, duders. The McMansion returns to ruin your heart and soul before Valentine's day even gets the chance and you spend all day looking at exes on facebook and thinking about your life and how your parents are disappointed and maybe you should have finished school with a real major and all your friends hate you and-

We've stepped it up a notch with a two day event. You can expect more food, more body odor and more prize money at stake than ever before. Tell your cool friends, tell your ****ty friends, but don't tell your parents.

Ticket price is going to be 10$ for the two days, and that includes food and drinks throughout the event. Limited space available for those who need a place to crash in town. HMU, guh.

Do you like some game we aren't playing and want us to run a side bracket? PM me about it, man. This is just the details section and we can't talk about it here. There aren't even comments. Or just bring your dumb **** and a TV for it and hook it up out of the way.

Want to help? Have tables, chairs or something else to offer? Seriously, PM me. I just got finished telling the side tourney dude about this. Aren't you paying attention?

Prices:

$10 Venue fee (First 4 Wii U's, First 2 N64s and first 2 Project M Wiis get a 5$ venue waiver at the end of the night)
$5 Entry for Project M
$5 Entry for Smash for Wii U
$2 Entry for Smash 64
$5 Entry for Melee
$10 Entry for Melee, PM, Wii U doubles
$4 Entry for Wii U Squads if time allows
$1 Entry for Windjammers if time allows
$2 Entry for Mario Tennis Doubles if time allows
There will be a house pot add for the major smash games (sorry 64, bring the hype and I might change my mind). The amount is dependent on attendance.

Alright, so here's the plan. We will be doing pools for every major Smash event (sorry 64) on day 1. This is awesome, because it allows even the least successful players that day to participate in many more tournament matches for their entry fee than in a pure double elimination bracket. For anyone who doesn't know what pools are, think World Cup groups. Round Robin sets against every other player in your pool. Lunch will be served during Pools and drinks will be provided throughout the day. 1st and 2nd from each pool will enter a double elimination bracket on Day 2. Night 1's side event of note will be Windjammers. This is a serious ass game, bring your hype. 1$ entry. We will be providing late night snacks/light dinner on Night 1. Housing will be provided on Saturday for anyone who notifies me before hand. Sleeping bags and air mattresses are encouraged. Don't do anything awkward or ****ty that makes me regret this.

Day 2 will be brackets for the major smash games. This will also be the day for the 64 bracket (2$ entry, but if the hype is real, we'll raise it to 5 and give it a pool) as well as a super hype Mario Tennis doubles bracket (2$ per team). In Tennis matches will be a single game. Both team members will play each other after Winners' and Losers' final respectively, and Grand finals will consist of the victors of both team matches playing eachother. The Losers' bracket finalist will, of course, be required to reset the bracket to win.
We'll be providing snacks and drinks throughout the day.

This is, to my knowledge, the biggest Pensacola area tournament attempted. Save your Christmas money if you don't have a job, it will be worth it. I hope to see Mobile, Tallahassee, Lower Georgia and beyond make their mark on our scene. Pensacola has no excuse when dudes have trucked 8 hours to our prior tournaments.

Rules: These rules apply to all events, specific events below. If you have any questions about the rules, please ask up front rather than waiting till after a match to ask. It could be too late!

General Gameplay:

- 2 Stock for Smash for Wii U, 4 stock for Project M and Melee, 5 stocks for Smash 64
- 6 min stock timer for Wii U, 8 Minute Stock Timer for PM
- Items are set to "off" and "none"
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If there is a tie, see the tiebreaker section to follow.
- Controller ports will be decided by players. If there is a conflict, we prefer using the G&W Hammer method to determine who gets to choose.
- You may switch controller ports on your counterpick only.
- BYOC (Bring your own controller). I recommend having a spare, just in case.
- Any controller malfunction mid match is on you. If you need to reset, your opponent will have to agree to a reset as doing so will require you to pause the match. (if pause is on).
- Stalling is banned. You know what this is, ask if you're unsure.
- If you freeze the game on an action initiated by your character, you lose the game. You are expected to know the boundaries of your character. (This rarely, if ever, happens.)
- Pause is recommended to be turned on for quick resets, but players can request it be turned off for the duration of their match.
- If a player pauses the match mid game (accidentally or intentionally), it is a stock loss to the player who pressed it (unless for valid interruption at T.O's discretion).
- A match ending in simultaneous death does not go to the initiator. If the result is sudden death from this, use the normal tiebreaking rules (to follow) to determine the winner. Otherwise use who the game declared the winner.
- Coaching mid-match is banned. Don't do it.
- You cannot re-select a stage you have won on as a counterpick.
- Any and all infinites (basically, where someone can control the opponent without them being able to do anything about it) must end at 300%, otherwise it becomes stalling. All infinites are entirely legal otherwise.
-DK's Cargo Hold is banned for Smash 64
- Regular sets are 2 of 3 for Melee, PM, WiiU, and 64. Winners', Losers' and Grand finals are 3 out of 5 for all Smash games.
-Windjammers and Mario Tennis doubles are best of 1. Winjammers Winners', Losers' and Grand finals are best of 3. Loser chooses stage and counterpicks character. Mario Tennis uses RPS for stage selection.
- In the event of a game running to time, the winner is determined first by stocks, then % if the stocks are tied.
- 2 stage bans for PM, 1 stage ban for Wii U
- Custom moves/Mii Fighters are banned for Wii U

Set Procedure:

1. Character selection
2. Stage strike
3. Play Game 1
4. Winning player announces banned stage(s) for the set.
5. Loser of previous match announces next match's stage
6. Winner of previous match chooses characters
7. Loser of previous match chooses characters
8. Play next game
9. Rinse and repeat 4-8 if set goes to a third game or fifth game.

Tie Breaking (Smash):

Note: Tiebreaking is only initiated if the game started a sudden death round upon completion. Otherwise, the game declared winner is the winner of the match.

1. Winner is determined by highest stock count then lowest percent.
2. 1 stock, 3 minute match is played as a tiebreaker match. The winner of this match wins the game. If there is a tie in this match, proceed to step 4. The LGL is modified for this match to 20.
3. A second 1 stock, no time limit match is played. If a simultaneous death is initiated (such as swallocide) in this match, the initiator loses the match. There is no tie for this match, it is play until you win.

Conduct Rules:

- No intrusive Cosmetic hacks permitted (no altering characters to look like master chief, no reversing the ice climbers colors, etc.)
- Intentionally disrupting someone mid-match intentionally or accidentally is not acceptable. Please do your best to make sure you are not disrupting a match. This can result in a penalty at T.O.'s discretion.
- Don't lose anything you're bringing to the event please, we are not liable for lost/stolen etc.
- TTL Rule: You must register for the event in person, on-time. Once the registration deadline is closed, no further entries will be permitted. Do not try to call me in advance to hold the bracket.
- Collusion of any kind (asking, intentionally throwing matches yourself, "agreeing to split", etc.) is subject to instant disqualification from all events and forfeiture of all prizes.

Stage rules:

- PM Starter Stages

Smashville
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dream Land 64
Green Hill Zone

- PM Counterpick Stages (2 bans)

Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Warioware
Yoshi's Story
Lylat Cruise
Fountain of Dreams
Distant Planet

- Smash for Wii U Starter Stages

Smashville
Battlefield
Palutena's Temple (Omega)
Town and City
Lylat Cruise

- Smash for Wii U Counterpick Stages (1 stage ban)

Kongo Jungle 64
Delfino Plaza
Duck Hunt
Castle Siege

* Note, if you CP the Omega stage, you may pick any omega stage except for Final Destination.

- Melee Singles Stage List

- Starters/Neutrals:

Yoshi’s Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

- Counterpick:

Pokemon Stadium
- Melee Doubles Stage List

- Starters/Neutrals:

Yoshi’s Story
Pokemon Stadium
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

- Counterpick:

DK 64

- Smash 64 Neutral Stages

Hyrule Castle
Dream Land
Congo Jungle- Note that Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon (Right- C) are discouraged if Congo Jungle is the stage chosen for visibility reasons. The opposing player may reset the match without penalty if they wish for a colour change. Taking or dealing any damage nullifies this right.

- Smash 64 Counterpick Stages

Peach's Castle

Last edited:

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
For the people who haven't looked at the Facebook page or pre reg we have have 40+ for melee so far confirmed and 30+ for PM.

5eb

Smash Rookie
I'm moving to Pensacola in less than a month :( I wish it was in time for this. Hopefully you guys will have another soon..

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I'm moving to Pensacola in less than a month :( I wish it was in time for this. Hopefully you guys will have another soon..
Damn, sucks that you'd have to miss this tournament. I saw that you've already joined the Pensacola Smash Bros facebook group (assuming that was you, I hope I'm right), check out both that and the Alabama Smash League facebook, which has a list of upcoming tournaments.

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
I'm stoked as ****, birthday weekend hype. Shoutouts to Uncle Anime, FroFoSho, Zone, and any other planners

finna b in grand finals like

Huhspaniel

Smash Rookie
"$10 Entry for Melee, PM, Wii U doubles"

Soooo why isn't the Wii U doubles bracket on the pre-reg doc? Surely there's still going to be Wii U doubles at the tournament?

Also, if one were to sign up, for example, only for the melee doubles bracket, does he still have to be there on Saturday? If not, what time would he have to be there on Sunday?

Last edited:

crashbfan

Banned via Warnings
NNID
3DS FC
6666-6666-6666
great tournament, fun as hell. didn't place as high as I hoped, first tournament pressure.looking forward to seeing some of you guys soon.

Top Bottom