• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 7, 2015] Pitt Smash Bros. Club Presents: Why You Mad Wenbo 2 (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania)

kofinater

Smash Apprentice

Why You Mad Wenbo 2
Melee Regional
February 7th
Pittsburgh, PA

After the huge success that was Fight Pitt V, the Pitt Smash Bros. Club is back with a 1-day melee only regional.

Why should you attend?

* Same large venue as Fight Pitt 3 & 4.
* Round robin pools and Amateur Bracket for as much as 4 times the usual tournament experience
* Professional livestream broadcasts by pghneohsmash
* $150 Winner's Bonus

Why You Mad Wenbo 1 Results

VENUE

O'Hara Student Center- Dining Room
4024 O'Hara Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

The O'Hara Student Center is the premiere event venue for the University of Pittsburgh. Same Large room previously used for Fight Pitt 3 & 4.

Drop off information coming soon.

A nearby parking solution is the Soldiers and Sailors Parking Garage right around the corner, which has a $5 weekend rate. For other options, please see http://www.pts.pitt.edu/parking/visitor.html

Entry Info

Venue Fee: $5 at the door, $0 if you bring a full setup
Melee Doubles Fee: $5 per person, $10 per team
Melee Singles Fee: $10 per person
Entry is available to the general public. If you're coming, please post in the thread so we know you're coming.

Player Checklist:
1. Bring your own controller.
2. Bring the appropriate amount of money. Exact amount is appreciated, but not required.
3. (Optional) A full setup. Waives your venue fee.

A full setup for Melee consists of a CRT TV, Gamecube/Wii, Melee disc, and a completed Melee save file on a memory card. Partial Setup is either a CRT TV or a Gamecube/Wii and Melee disc

Payouts :
(30 entrants or less)
1st: 70% +$150
2nd: 20%
3rd: 10%
(31-49 entrants)
1st: 50% +$150
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%
(50+ entrants)
1st: 45% +$150
2nd: 25%
5th: 2.5%
5th: 2.5%
(100+ entrants)
1st: 40% +$150
2nd: 20%
5th: 5%
5th: 5%
7th: 2.5%
7th: 2.5%

SCHEDULE

10:00AM Doors Open
12:00pm Doubles Registration Ends
12:30pm Doubles Bracket Starts
2:00pm Singles Registration Ends
3:00pm Singles Tournament Starts

RULES

Super Smash Brothers Melee:

General Rules
  • Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit
  • Items are disabled.
  • Stalling with moves such as Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned
  • Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are banned.
  • Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.
  • You may not choose any stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.
  • A tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, the match is fully replayed.
  • Playing as Master Hand is banned
  • Wobbling is Legal, wobbling past %250 is considered stalling
Doubles Rules
  • Friendly Fire enabled
  • Life stealing stocks from a teammate is allowed
  • Please note Kongo Jungle is not a legal doubles counter pick
Stage List
Neutral Stages
  • Final Destination
  • Battlefield
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Dream Land
  • Fountain of Dreams [Singles Only]
  • Pokemon Stadium [Doubles Only]

Counter-Pick Stages
  • Pokemon Stadium [Singles Only]

Match Procedure
  • Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.
  • Players play Rock-Paper-Scissors. Winner chooses between selecting controller port or first Stage Strike
  • Players take turns removing stages from the Neutral Stages list above based upon the results of the previous rule. The first player to strike removes one(1) stage from the list, the second player removes two(2), and the first player then chooses from the remaining two(2) stages.
  • Either player may elect for neutral start
  • The players play the first match of the set
  • Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage from the full list of stages, both Neutral and Counter-Pick. Does not apply to Best of 5 sets.
  • The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match. Cannot choose the stage banned in the previous step, nor a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
  • The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  • The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  • The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller port.
  • The next match is played
  • Repeat Steps 5 through 10 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

Last edited:

Kered13

Smash Rookie
Out of curiosity, does a Wii with 20XX on an external drive count as a partial setup, or is it disc + memory card only? (In particular, my Wii does not have a working disc drive)

kofinater

Smash Apprentice
Out of curiosity, does a Wii with 20XX on an external drive count as a partial setup, or is it disc + memory card only? (In particular, my Wii does not have a working disc drive)
No 20XX please, we are fine with usb loaded setups but please use a vanilla Melee Iso. Also we have the right to inspect your setup before giving a discount cause some usb loaded setups mess up controller inputs.

MelchizedekVD

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3153-4632-2309
Should be there, tryna bring my whole crew if possible. This would be our first big tournament ever

LuckyCandy7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LuckyCandy7
I'll be coming with two to three of my friends. This is my second tournament after Fight Pitt V, and my friends' third tournament after the last two MOALs. This is gonna be good. I really like the idea of an amateur bracket, by the way. It really helps for the newer / bad players.

(Also, you might wanna get rid of that FPV link at the bottom. Cause you know. Fight Pitt already finished :p)

kofinater

Smash Apprentice
I'll be coming with two to three of my friends. This is my second tournament after Fight Pitt V, and my friends' third tournament after the last two MOALs. This is gonna be good. I really like the idea of an amateur bracket, by the way. It really helps for the newer / bad players.

(Also, you might wanna get rid of that FPV link at the bottom. Cause you know. Fight Pitt already finished :p)
Hahaha, thanks. Cya there!

LuckyCandy7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LuckyCandy7
Hahaha, thanks. Cya there!
Update: I come with bad news. Both of my friends (including the one who was gonna give me a ride to the tournament) are busy tomorrow, and there's no way I can get there myself. So as it turns out, I won't be able to make it tomorrow. But, I do believe that I and my friends can make it to MOAL next week. So see you all there next week.

Top Bottom