• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 7, 2015] Keroro Platoon Presents: Attorney (Lexington, KY)

KERO

Smash Journeyman

Hey, KERO here, ready to host another tournament. Not gonna bother with a lengthy description; let's just get on to the important stuff.

Student Center
Room 206

Address:
404 S Limestone
Lexington, KY

Events:
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Singles ($10)
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Doubles ($20 per team)

Schedule:
Registration for doubles (11:00 A.M. to 12 P.M.)
Registration for singles (11:00 A.M. to 2:45 P.M.)
Doubles Bracket (12:30 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.)
Singles Pools (3:00 P.M. to 5:30 P.M.)
Singles Bracket ( 5:45 P.M. to 10 P.M.)

3DS
In order to speed up the process of using custom characters, etc., we ask that you please bring your 3DS if you have one. This is not a requirement, but it would certainly be helpful. It's also beneficial to you since it allows you time to practice without using a Wii U set-up.

Housing:
Although the tournament will finish fairly early, for those interested in housing, we have a couple of players in Lexington that might be willing to house you.

Food:
There are plenty of restaurants around campus, such as Chipotle, Raising Canes, Jimmy Johns, and Fazolis.

Rules:
- Doubles will be a straight double elimination bracket. Singles will involve pools leading into a double elimination bracket.
- Team Attack ON
- Custom Specials are legal.
- Custom Attributes are banned.
- Mii characters are allowed but players are only allowed to choose from the Guest Miis available by default.
-Players who fail to report to their match within 10 minutes of it being announced will lose their first game of the match. After 15 minutes without reporting to their match, players will be disqualified from the tournament.
- Coaching is allowed only between games, not during.
- Bracket matches take priority over friendlies and money matches. The TO reserves the right to prematurely end any match.
- Bring your own controller.
- Pause can be requested off and that request cannot be denied. If one pauses mid-match, the person who initiated the pause loses their current stock. If the pause causes the opponent to lose their stock (such as interfering with recovery), the person who initiated the pause loses two stocks. If there is any doubt in the ruling of a pausing incident, stop what you are doing and CALL ONE OF THE TOs TO YOUR MATCH.
- The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.

Set rules:
All sets besides finals are best of three; finals (Winners, Losers, Grand) are best of five.
For the first game, both players will pick a character. They must both state whether they are using custom specials or not, and if so, what custom specials. If needed, one of the players can call for a double blind pick if they wish. Players strike stages in a 2-3-1 fashion, with player A striking two stages, player B striking three stages, and then player A striking one last stage. Twenty-Three is Number One. The player that strikes first can be decided through Rock-Paper-Scissors or G&W Judgement
The second game, the player that won may ban one stage (neutral or counterpick). The player that lost then counterpicks a neutral or counterpick stage. The player that won may then change or stay their character (Different Guest Miis are counted as different characters). If they change their character's custom specials, they must tell the opponent what custom specials they are using. The player that lost may then change or stay their character and custom specials. If they change their custom specials, they must tell the opponent what custom specials that they are using. If the player that lost the first game wins the second game, this same process is repeated for the third game.
Stock count is set to three.
Timer is set to eight minutes.
Items are set to off and none.
Damage ratio is set to 1.0

Stagelist:

Starter Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Town and City
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Duck Hunt
Halberd

Counterpick Stages
Skyloft
Wuhu Island (Doubles Only)
Delfino
Castle Siege
Kongo Jungle 64
Omega Stages

Top Six Payout:
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%

Top Four Payout:
1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%

If there are fewer than ten entrants, we will pay-out to top 3. If there are fewer than five, we will pay-out top 2. If there are only two, winner takes all.

Top Three Payout:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3: 10%

Top Two Payout:
1st: 66%
2nd: 34%

In the 3DS Fun Bracket, the winner will take all.

Contact Info:
TO E-mail:
keroward@gmail.com
Volunteer TOs:

The Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS Mentoring Project
This tournament will be the debut of Kentucky/Ohio/Indiana's Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS Mentoring Project. The idea is that local Kentucky, Ohio, and Indiana veterans can sign up to mentor the influx of newcomers that want to get involved in the Smash 4 competitive scene. Details are available in our Facebook group and in this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/kentucky-smash-4-mentoring-project-surrounding-areas-included.374675/. There will be a table with a paper for each potential mentor that new players can sign up to be mentored by.

Now, it would be great if we could get at least eight set-ups at this, but more are always welcome. If you plan to bring a Wii U set-up, please describe if you can bring a TV as well or not and vice versa.

Last edited:

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Custom Moves. Wuhu Island in singles. PS2 with Smash 4 ledge mechanics. One stage ban with THAT stage list.

Sorry man, I'd love to go see you guys but I'm not driving 3 hours to lose to jank.

iongammarays

Smash Rookie
NNID
Luckymicah
All the Ness players will pick Wuhu Island. I guarantee it.
If you don't know why, look it up. It's hilarious.

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Custom Moves. Wuhu Island in singles. PS2 with Smash 4 ledge mechanics. One stage ban with THAT stage list.

Sorry man, I'd love to go see you guys but I'm not driving 3 hours to lose to jank.
Actually, I'm going to go ahead and revise the stage list to match up with Hilt's. Everything else is staying the same, though.

New stagelist will be as follows:

Starter Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Town and City
Smashville
Lylat Cruise
Duck Hunt
Halberd

Counterpick Stages
Skyloft
Wuhu Island (Doubles Only)
Delfino
Castle Siege
Kongo Jungle 64
Omega Stages

Overswarm

is laughing at you

Yes you are, you're teamin' with me. :B

Also when did facebook become the go-to place for tournament hosting stuff? There's dozens of people posting and commenting on the FB event but like nothing here XD

Last edited:

Treuce

Smash Cadet
NNID
Treuce
3DS FC
2509-1348-8615
I'm now confirmed to go but I will need a partner for doubles. I placed 4th at Smashville 3.0 out of around 50-60 and was pretty even with 2nd place who went to game three last hit scenario with me.

Anybody want to team?

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Yes you are, you're teamin' with me. :B
I wasn't going until you asked. I can't turn down money. :dkmelee:

Starter Halberd tho? Hoo-Hah Squad assemble! :4diddy::4rob::4greninja::4metaknight::4sheik::rosalina::4luigi::4sonic::4palutena: I guess:4fox:can join too.

Miiverse stage DLC when?

Treuce

Smash Cadet
NNID
Treuce
3DS FC
2509-1348-8615
I'm now confirmed to go but I will need a partner for doubles. I placed 4th at Smashville 3.0 out of around 50-60 and was pretty even with 2nd place who went to game three last hit scenario with me.

Anybody want to team?

Okay LumpyGravy is teaming with me now. :)

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Why not just disable pause from the get go if the rulings on a pause mid game are so harsh, is there a reason it's on? sometimes pause accidents happen, there are no ice climbers in smash 4 though.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Why not just disable pause from the get go if the rulings on a pause mid game are so harsh, is there a reason it's on? sometimes pause accidents happen, there are no ice climbers in smash 4 though.
You can still pause by opening the Wii U Home menu, and there's no way to turn that off.

Top Bottom