• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 22, 2015] Super Smash Bros. High School Open (Sioux Falls, South Dakota)

LoganS97

Smash Rookie
This tournament is open to any high school smash players. There is a $5 entry fee
Plaques will be awarded to the 1st place finishers of each event
We are limiting each player to only two events, unless not that many people show up
No cash prizes will be given out, all proceeds are being donated to the South Dakota Special Olympics
Events include: Melee Singles & Doubles, Brawl Singles, and Wii U singles & doubles
If you have a controller preference, I recommend bringing your own, but we will have some at each station
Registration is at 11-11:45 Am and the first events start at 12 Noon, and will go until all events are done
If any questions feel free to ask in the forum, or email me @ whssupersmashclub@googlegroups.com
Hope to see you there having fun for a good cause
I will be posting updates on the tournament as they come up
Edit* all events are double elimination, two stock, and best of three, with the finals being best of five
** Project M Singles will also be an event

Last edited:

Walcargo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jammies
Hello friend. Is being from Sioux Falls a requirement or are you allowed to be from nearby towns? This is one of nearest tournies I've seen and I would like to know. I'm from Rock Valley Iowa and the moment I saw this in my twitter feed my heart started racing.

LoganS97

Smash Rookie
Hello friend. Is being from Sioux Falls a requirement or are you allowed to be from nearby towns? This is one of nearest tournies I've seen and I would like to know. I'm from Rock Valley Iowa and the moment I saw this in my twitter feed my heart started racing.
You don't need to be from sioux falls, just need to be in high school. hope to see you come out. It really is just a charity tournament, but there are players from the local high school clubs who are pretty good, so the skill level is going to range from novice to those who mastered the character

Walcargo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jammies
You don't need to be from sioux falls, just need to be in high school. hope to see you come out. It really is just a charity tournament, but there are players from the local high school clubs who are pretty good, so the skill level is going to range from novice to those who mastered the character
Too bad the one game I'm good at isn't there, which is Project M. I'll do my best to come out though, it sounds really fun. I'll talk to a few friends and see if they'd like to join as well. Thanks for making my day btw.

Last edited:

LoganS97

Smash Rookie
Too bad the one game I'm good at isn't there, which is Project M. I'll do my best to come out though, it sounds really fun. I'll talk to a few friends and see if they'd like to join as well. Thanks for making my day btw.
Haha yeah that might change, we may switch brawl for project m, it's just we wanna use brawl for those who are not very use to the game since it is more casual than the others

Walcargo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jammies
Haha yeah that might change, we may switch brawl for project m, it's just we wanna use brawl for those who are not very use to the game since it is more casual than the others
I understand completely, my friend Vannah was actually happy to see Brawl because she's a Lucas main, but doesn't really like PM Lucas. I'm just happy to see a local and that's all I really need. I guess it'd probably be smart to do Brawl, and depending on how many people show possibly do some PM on the side or something.

Top Bottom