• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 22, 2015] Smash Jam: Custom Slams Weekly 3DS Tournament (Online)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jed05

Smash Cadet
NNID
DimmuJed
3DS FC
4227-3278-6754
THESE TOURNAMENTS ARE NO LONGER RAN THROUGH THIS POSTING. I've messaged the mods but can't figure out for the life of me how to stop this from repeating / reposting. Typically I run a 3DS tournament on Fridays and a Wii U Tournament on Saturday or Sunday on my Twitch channel. Follow me there for details at this time.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is going strong and I'm still holding weekly tournaments.

Bracket: TBA

Where: All matches will be live streamed here on Twitch.

When: TBA, 3PM EST / 12PM PST / 7PM GMT

Rules:
  • No items
  • 1v1 on non-moving OR Omega versions of arenas
  • custom moves allowed
  • Equipment NOT allowed
  • best of 3
  • double elimination
  • 2 stocks
  • Start on Jigglypuff's elimination
  • No charging projectiles prior to start

Players will have to join my lobby, I'll suicide off stream, and matches will start once it hits 5:30 on the clock. Please add my friend code if you are in the tournament, as I'll have to have you on my list to be able to stream your matches. Friend Code: 0344-9433-4611

If you do sign up, make sure to check-in on the tournament page! Check-ins open up 2 hours prior to the tournament!

You can check out the previous tournaments in playlists below.

1st Online Tournament w/ Custom moves / equipment

Smash Jam #1 9/21 (Custom Moves / Equipment)

Last edited:

Jed05

Smash Cadet
NNID
DimmuJed
3DS FC
4227-3278-6754
Just realized I had the wrong signup link. Oops. Fixed. Still looking for some more people to sign up!

Eia

Smash Rookie
i which i could join! but i don"t have the japan version so I hope you do another tournament when the American version comes out .

T.B. Player

Smash Rookie
NNID
T.B.Player23
3DS FC
0001-4141-2460
I just would like to make sure. Is Oct. 5 gonna be the first American Smash 3ds tournament?

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
I plan on joining this, but I'm very new to them so expect me to make a couple mistakes along the way.:nervous:

Good luck to all others who enter!

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Might wanna update the original post showing Oct. 5th instead of Sept. 21. I'll probably be there.

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
Normally I'd love to join but time is a issue here. For the US it might be the middle of the day but here it's gonna be at 21:00. I'll still be available then, but I can only manage to be there 4 hours at the absolute top (and perhaps not even that). Since the tournament lasts for 6 hours I dunno........

Eh I'll see if I can manage

Mrwiiboy

Smash Rookie
I'd love to join, my FC is 4768-4796-8924. My twitch name is Wubbledaddy.

Last edited:

jonftl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5370-0725-8432
I want to sign up ! D;
*Looks for sign up sheet*

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
Doesn't look like the signup for the 12th is up yet. I love the commentary, I'll totally be joining if you're hosting again this weekend.

Wish_1up

Smash Rookie
Hey! I just logged onto the tournament on challonge, hoping i can join you guys this sunday!

Jed05

Smash Cadet
NNID
DimmuJed
3DS FC
4227-3278-6754
I believe this week we are going to be testing a $5 entry fee with the money going to the top two players with a 75 / 25 split after PayPal fees. How does everyone feel about this?

Sybronx

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1392-6718-2632
I believe this week we are going to be testing a $5 entry fee with the money going to the top two players with a 75 / 25 split after PayPal fees. How does everyone feel about this?
I'm game.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
What paypal fees are you talking about? You can send money through paypal to other people with no fees.

Jed05

Smash Cadet
NNID
DimmuJed
3DS FC
4227-3278-6754
What paypal fees are you talking about? You can send money through paypal to other people with no fees.
True, but not everyone has a paypal account w/ a balance.

Also, tonight on stream I will be having a Tournament for current viewers, as well as Sub Saturday tournament. And I'll be opening up the entry for Sunday. 12am EST.

Last edited:

Dencho

Smash Rookie
NNID
Denchyaknow
3DS FC
0447-7291-4772
Hey @ Jed05 Jed05 I would love to be in your tournament as for the paypal doesnt it usually take to to do the transfers? and not everyone has a paypal. I mean im still down to do it but i think u should take a look a crypto currency you know like bit coins except I think u should use the next popular one Litecoin they are going for about 3$ right now and the nice thing about crypto currency is that a crypto wallet is easy and free to make and transferring currency is quick also. no fees barely a signup and who knows it might catch on.

Also I tried to join the tourney for the 12th but the signup link is gone? or wrong in the OP?
looking forward to your tourney

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
I would absolutely sign up if I wasnt poor as all get out. However, this is something I'll watch for sure, and if you decide to do some free tourneys, i'll totally join up and test my mettle.

Jed05

Smash Cadet
NNID
DimmuJed
3DS FC
4227-3278-6754
To participate in this tournament, there is a $5 entry fee. Send $5 via paypal to the e-mail Jedndrea@gmail.com then message me on here, OR Challonge, OR on my Twitch with your PayPal e-mail and i'll add you to the tournament. The winner of the tournament will take 75% of the pot, 2nd place will take the other 25%.

ACSL8R

Smash Rookie
NNID
ACSL8R
3DS FC
2595-2135-0990
Wow, it's stupid that you have to pay $5 entry fee online. I mean yeah it's only $5 but why pay online? This is stupid, I was gonna go for the next tourney but never mind.....

Jed05

Smash Cadet
NNID
DimmuJed
3DS FC
4227-3278-6754
Wow, it's stupid that you have to pay $5 entry fee online. I mean yeah it's only $5 but why pay online? This is stupid, I was gonna go for the next tourney but never mind.....
But I got into your follower friday tournament :). Although I still wish this tournament was free so I could enter :(.
We made this tournament paid because we want to try to give the winners some kind of prize and this will also draw in more serious players. The tournament last friday had over half the people not show up and had other various problems (hence the redux tag on this one.) The paid entry thing may be reconsidered, we are just testing stuff this weekend to see if it helps out at all.

ALSO I've updated the original post to have the correct bracket link, which I will be adding people to now.

Dencho

Smash Rookie
NNID
Denchyaknow
3DS FC
0447-7291-4772
Just shot 5 your way from denchyaknkw@gmail.com my challonge user is dencho my FC should be to the left

p.s. paypal sucks use cryptocoins like litecoins duhhh

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
We made this tournament paid because we want to try to give the winners some kind of prize and this will also draw in more serious players. The tournament last friday had over half the people not show up and had other various problems (hence the redux tag on this one.) The paid entry thing may be reconsidered, we are just testing stuff this weekend to see if it helps out at all.

ALSO I've updated the original post to have the correct bracket link, which I will be adding people to now.
I disagree with the stupidity claim, I think its a very cool thing that you're doing here, creating a pot of coin for the victors to enjoy. My problem is that this prohibits me from entering. Perhaps you could consider for next week some alternative [for example, free entry, with maybe a donation pool for the winners pot? Thats always something you could test. ], or some sort of preliminary very limited entry [first come first serve, mabye 8-10 people] tourney that the winners of get an entry waiver for winning? that'd be super cool because it'd let broke people like myself still enter.

Jed05

Smash Cadet
NNID
DimmuJed
3DS FC
4227-3278-6754
I disagree with the stupidity claim, I think its a very cool thing that you're doing here, creating a pot of coin for the victors to enjoy. My problem is that this prohibits me from entering. Perhaps you could consider for next week some alternative [for example, free entry, with maybe a donation pool for the winners pot? Thats always something you could test. ], or some sort of preliminary very limited entry [first come first serve, mabye 8-10 people] tourney that the winners of get an entry waiver for winning? that'd be super cool because it'd let broke people like myself still enter.
We have done things like this in the past, but as I said, there has been a lot of people just no showing and wasting everyone's time for these so far, and the demand to be in is high. We were doing random draw from those that wanted to enter and people would take spots that others would have used and they let them go to waste by no showing. Over TEN people in a 32 tournament. $5 guarantees that people show up and try their best.

But again, this may be changed in the future again, we are just testing it out this week.

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
We have done things like this in the past, but as I said, there has been a lot of people just no showing and wasting everyone's time for these so far, and the demand to be in is high. We were doing random draw from those that wanted to enter and people would take spots that others would have used and they let them go to waste by no showing. Over TEN people in a 32 tournament. $5 guarantees that people show up and try their best.

But again, this may be changed in the future again, we are just testing it out this week.
I can see where you are coming from for sure, and in something like this you definitely dont want no shows. Unless something changes or I get some money, I'll just sit on the sidelines.

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
So, question, if custom moves are allowed, what about Mii Fighters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom