• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 22, 2014] Smash Avenue 1 (Lock Haven, PA - Near State College, Bellefonte, Williamsport, etc.)

Stauffen

Smash Rookie

Full resolution here - http://i.imgur.com/y7U9I28.jpg

Hello Smashers, let's put central PA on the (Melee) map! For too long, there has been little to no competitive Smash in the area. We're fixing that now, with Smash Avenue! This will be hosted at an amazing local coffee house located in the little town of Lock Haven, PA.

We may need GCs/Wiis and TVs.

Saturday Feb. 22nd

209 Bellefonte Avenue
Lock Haven, PA 17745

Schedule
Signups/Warmups – 12:00 pm
Singles – 1:00 pm
Doubles – Directly after

Entry Fees
Singles - $5.00
Doubles - $10.00 ($5 per player)

Prize Payouts
1st place – 60%
2nd place – 30%
3rd place – 10%

Rules

Official Apex 2014 rules apply

Food

Nearby places to eat include Avenue 209's delicious food and drinks (duh), McDonalds, Wendy's, Hanger 9 restaurant and lounge, Weis Markets.

Please RSVP here or on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/events/679696722081771/

Join our Facebook group!
http://www.facebook.com/groups/centralPennSSB/

Last edited:

Iron Jawbone

Servant of Malroth
I would absolutely love for stuff to come to Central PA. I'd be more than happy to chip in a bit/bring the hype/possibly a few more people if we can get Project: M going on there as well.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaase Project M!

Stauffen

Smash Rookie
I have one Project M setup, but I'm not sure if I can find too many others. If you want to bring it along, I'll definitely play friendlies or an impromptu tournament afterwards. Especially for a first tournament, Melee is easier and more accessible.

Please do bring as many people and as much hype as possible. The better this one goes, the more likely there will be many others.

Iron Jawbone

Servant of Malroth
I'll have to run it by the rest, but there's a chance I can bring anywhere between 2-5 people, with at least a wii and a TV. I'm all up for boosting numbers to this because Central PA needs more action.

Stauffen

Smash Rookie
That would awesome, man! It would be great it you could RSVP on the Facebook page. I'll be updating that with the most recent info.

Spread the word and hope to see you there!

Iron Jawbone

Servant of Malroth
That I shall. Hmmm, looks like one of my compatriots has already staked a bit of his claim there. Dat PSU Crew.

schmorgyborgy

Smash Rookie
In the future, could you let me know or at least credit me that you are going to use my designs for your posters? I'd have been happy to let you use my designs, but by giving me credit I am able to continue making posters for events. Thanks.

Stauffen

Smash Rookie
I'm so sorry! That's entirely my bad. I had the original image on my desktop for so long I forgot where I found it, or how to find who made it. I'll gladly credit you. Shall I add it to the image and re-upload?

schmorgyborgy

Smash Rookie
Nah, it's okay. Just in the future, if you use one of my posters again could you keep my signature on it. Or if you have an older file without my name just put on somewhere on the bottom. If it's an inconvenience you don't need to re-upload it. Sorry if I sounded rude, I was kind of salty that day lol. But yeah I've been making these types of posters quite a bit over the last month, and I wasn't sure if you found one of them and erased over my signature or something. But yeah you're good, no hard feelings!

Top Bottom