• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Feb 21-22]Kings of the South: Southron Ambitions by Typo House Games and MGA Con. Macon GA.

T-Rex Games

Smash Cadet
Current Total Pot Bonuses: $500
$200 for melee singles
$200 for sm4sh wii u singles
$100 for Project M. singles

TYPO House Games and MGA Con present Kings of the South: Southron Ambitions, A Super Smash Brothers tournament. Hosted on February 21-22 2015 in the Macon Centreplex, 200 Coliseum Dr, Macon, GA 31217 (478) 751-9152. DogySammich is confirmed for Commentary.

$25 + tax for 2-Day Badge (Gives you access to the entire convention)
Badge prices at the door and pre registration information can be found at "http://mgacon.com/registration/"
OR
$10 Gaming WristBand available at the door!!!

$1 Door fee (This will go to Typo House Games and assist us in buying new equipment. Waived with a full set up and only applies if you play in a tournament/tournaments)
Singles
$10 Melee
$10 PM
$10 Brawl
$10 Smash 4 Wii U
Doubles
$20 Melee ($10/person)
$20 Brawl ($10/person)
$20 PM ($10/person)
$20 Sm4sh Wii U ($10/person)

Tournaments will be double elimination using the Apex Rule sets, except PM, which will be run using Big House 4 Stage List. All pot splits will be 60/30/10. BYOC

Apex Rulesets
RULES
Apex Ruleset for Brawl, Melee, and Sm4sh. Project M singles will us the Big House 4 ruleset with 4 stocks.
Brawl: http://www.apex-series.com/rules/brawl/
Project M: http://www.apex-series.com/rules/projectm/
Melee: http://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/

Tentative schedule:
Saturday
9:00am Venue opens
10:00am Sign ups
11:30am Melee doubles
12:30pm Brawl Doubles
1:30pm Sm4sh Wii U Doubles
2:30pm Melee Singles
3:30 Brawl Singles

Sunday
10:00am Venue Open
10:30 Sign ups
12:00am PM doubles
1:00pm Sm4sh Wii U
2:00pm PM Singles

Side Events:
Sm4sh 3DS
Smash 64
Crew Battles

For more information visit "http://Facebook.com/TypoHouseGames"

This Tournament will be streamed!! If you're interested check in at "http://twitch.tv/typohousegames"

Project M Stage List (Singles Neutrals)
Yoshi's Island brawl
Yoshi's Story
Battlefield
Smashville
Fountain of Dreams
Pokémon Stadium 2
Dreamland

Project M Stage List (Singles Counterpicks)
Lylat Cruise
Wario ware
Final Destination
Green Hill Zone

Project M Stage List (Doubles Neutrals)
Pokémon Stadium 2
Yoshi's Island Brawl
Battlefield
Smashville
Dreamland
Distant Planet
Dracula's Castle

Project M Stage List (Doubles Counterpicks)
Lylat Cruise
Green Hill Zone
Final Destination
Norfair
Skyworld

*** Bans 1-2-2-1 *** winner bans 3

Last edited:

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
As far as I know, yes. I have not heard anything different. I am planning on going. Can't wait!

Filler Dmon

Smash Cadet
What would need to be done to enter the Sm4sh tournament? Does the 25+tax for 2 day badge mean you'd be sleeping at the hotel the convention is at? Or just for entry into the convention?

Does the dollar at the door mean you'd be able to pay for just the tournament and get in that way, or is that an additional price for the convention that needs to be paid?

10 dollars to be able to get into the Sm4sh tournament; does this need to be paid in advance? And what is meant by waved with a full set up? Is that, like, if I were to bring a WiiU that has all of the features (stages, characters, rules and options, regardless of which ones are legal) unlocked, and all hardware (Gamecube Adapter and functional controllers), would I not have to pay that fee?

I'm just curious, since this tournament is only a 2 hour drive from me, so I'd absolutely love to enter!

Anime

Smash Journeyman
What would need to be done to enter the Sm4sh tournament? Does the 25+tax for 2 day badge mean you'd be sleeping at the hotel the convention is at? Or just for entry into the convention?

Does the dollar at the door mean you'd be able to pay for just the tournament and get in that way, or is that an additional price for the convention that needs to be paid?

10 dollars to be able to get into the Sm4sh tournament; does this need to be paid in advance? And what is meant by waved with a full set up? Is that, like, if I were to bring a WiiU that has all of the features (stages, characters, rules and options, regardless of which ones are legal) unlocked, and all hardware (Gamecube Adapter and functional controllers), would I not have to pay that fee?

I'm just curious, since this tournament is only a 2 hour drive from me, so I'd absolutely love to enter!
Bringing a full setup saves you from paying the $1 door fee. You still would have to pay the 10 dollars. The dollar door fee is on top of the badge price. You probably don't need to pay in advance. I wouldn't think the badge price would cover a hotel room.

Filler Dmon

Smash Cadet
Heh. I was watchinig Spooky's Smash Attack 1 on youtube for the past 5 hours, and I couldn't sleep, so I've been kinda impulsively checking for responses on my stuff and trying to set up accounts to get on social media to look for tournaments...

Bringing a full setup saves you from paying the $1 door fee. You still would have to pay the 10 dollars. The dollar door fee is on top of the badge price. You probably don't need to pay in advance. I wouldn't think the badge price would cover a hotel room.
I understand that I'd need to pay the 10 dollars to enter the tournament no matter what. My question, or at least I hoped that I communicated it, was whether or not we'd need to pay the price for the convention (25) if we're just doing the tournament, and whether or not bringing a "full set up" (which I am still under the assumption is the WiiU with all the fixin's; please confirm or deny) would let us get past that.

A new question: I'm only interested in the Smash 4 tournament. Do I have to pay / show up for the Saturday Stuff as well, even if the only thing I want to do is going to be on Sunday?

Also, thank you for responding!

Last edited:

T-Rex Games

Smash Cadet
Sorry i havent been active on the thread, my computer died. Yes this is still a thing and we have $500 dollars in pot bonuses right now.
$200 for melee singles
$200 for sm4sh wii u singles
$100 for Project M. singles

The 2 day badge pass only gives you access to the convention, you will have to make your own housing accommodations.
The dollar door fee is to encourage people to bring set ups, but if you dont you have to pay that,
The 10 dollar pot fee is for each tournament you want to enter. If you enter multiple tournaments you have to pay the pot fee each time.
If you only plan on being there for one event you only have to be there for one event, but half the fun of these tournaments is meeting new people.

Last edited:

Huhspaniel

Smash Rookie
OK. I just want to be completely clear. Do you have to pay the 25$ to access the convention AT ALL? As in, if I do not pay it, I can not enter or participate?
So in other words, if I only want to enter Sm4sh Wii U singles, do I have to pay the $25 as well as the $10, or do I just have to pay the 10?

Chinaux

Smash Ace
I'm going :colorful:
OK. I just want to be completely clear. Do you have to pay the 25$ to access the convention AT ALL? As in, if I do not pay it, I can not enter or participate?
So in other words, if I only want to enter Sm4sh Wii U singles, do I have to pay the $25 as well as the $10, or do I just have to pay the 10?
I'd also like to know.

the0nlykyd

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm part of the crew running this.

The tournament is part of the convention and you'll need a convention pass to get in ($25 pre-registered for both days). More information on passes can be found at the MGA Con website (http://mgacon.com).

That being said, it's best to go ahead and pre-register your convention pass if you haven't already, especially if you plan to attend both days as it's cheaper.

Last edited:

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Hey, I am planning on going. I'll pay whatever costs, but which days will Smash 4 singles be held on? I was hoping it would just be tournament I could go to on a Saturday, but would it require Sunday as well? (Possibly depending on if I won, etc)

the0nlykyd

Smash Rookie
Sm4sh Wii U singles are scheduled for Sunday. T-Rex posted a tentative schedule for each game in the OP.

Pre-registering through the MGACon website (http://mgacon.com/registration/) gives you the 2-day pass for $25. If you only want to play one day you can buy your pass at the door (I believe $25 for Saturday and $20 for Sunday but I could be mistaken). It would also be awesome for people to fill out our doc so we can get a semi-accurate idea on how many people will be playing each game.
"https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xajuxIHW8IaAt5fdogiQIsR1aEJfdxM7PY3zy_Enf2M/edit?usp=sharing"

For anyone interested, we will also be streaming the event on "http://twitch.tv/TypoHouseGames". We're also still looking for sponsors but we've currently got $500 in pot bonuses.

We've also been giving out 2-Day passes as prizes at our Monthly tournaments and people like Player-1 and Flamin Roy. I don't know if T-Rex has been advertising the monthlies here but we do the bulk of our advertising on Facebook (his laptop is dead and his phone doesn't work well with Smashboards, hence his absence). You can check "http://Facebook.com/TypoHouseGames" for more on the monthly tourneys and updates to KOTS, but I'll probably be here more frequently to answer questions and such until he gets a new computer.

Last edited:

T-Rex Games

Smash Cadet
We plan on running through all of the tournament the day they are run. If you make it out of pools the plan is the run through the bracket the same day. Be aware that tournaments are happening on different days though, there is schedule in the OP.

the0nlykyd

Smash Rookie
Awesome to know. The goal is 100 players. We've got more than enough space at the venue and the person running the Convention is skeptical in our ability to get that many players. Help us break that number.

the0nlykyd

Smash Rookie
It usually works for me and I'm running the same setup. I haven't been on my laptop for a while, though.

EDIT: Alright I don't understand why it's not letting people sign up but I'm gonna try to fix it. I'll update you as soon as I figure something out.

Last edited:

the0nlykyd

Smash Rookie
Apologies for the unnecessary Double-POST. Computer not wanting to work with the Edit button for some reason.

It looks like the permissions with the doc might have been messed up. I generated a new link which should give everyone access to editting again so you can all sign up. Oddly enough I can't post the link because I don't have enough posts (despite being able to post them earlier). I editted the link I posted above so try that.

Let me know if it does/doesn't work.

the0nlykyd

Smash Rookie
Awesome to know. The more people we can get the better. This is more or less our Trial for MGA Con. If we get enough people there will be more serious talks in including Smash at their Con every year. They're skeptical, but T-Rex and I are both pretty pumped going into this.

Gerudo_King

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gerudo_Khan
I'm bringing a crew from the West Cobb area and I was also wondering if there was a fee to enter in Smash 64

T-Rex Games

Smash Cadet
Right now smash 64 is just a side event, so its gonna be mostly friendles. If you guys get enough people together to run a bracket i'll be more than happy to run it.

T-Rex Games

Smash Cadet
Good news everyone, the Head of MGA Con just message me announcing a gaming only wristband that costs $10. This wristband will get you into my tournament and any other gaming events, but you won't get able to get into panel or contests, but thats alright, because you get smash brothers.

the0nlykyd

Smash Rookie
Update from the guy running the Convention:

There will now be Game-Only Passes sold at the door at MGA Con for $10. The good news is we're covered by the Game-Only Pass. The not-so-good news is, unfortunately, there's no way to change your pass type if you already puchased your weekend Con Pass for $25. Myself and the rest of Typo House sincerely apologize to anyone inconvenienced by this and we just learned about this development minutes ago. This change came as a surprise to us, but we're definitely hoping this encourages more players to join us at Kings of the South next weekend. Get HYPE for that $500 Pot bonus!!!!!

Edit: ninja'd

Last edited:

the0nlykyd

Smash Rookie
The good news is you can check out the Con itself if you're out of a tournament or something. It was an unexpected change and both me and T-Rex were a bit surprised when they told us about the $10 wristbands.

Last edited:

T-Rex Games

Smash Cadet
Couple of small changes made, First off Sm4sh Wii U doubles have been moved from the last event on saturday, 3:30, to the third event on saturday, 1:30. Secondly, the Stage list has been posted in the main post. With certain major tournaments dropping PM, this will make it easier to find the stage list. The list is based off the Shots Fired stage list.

T-Rex Games

Smash Cadet
Couple more housekeeping things for this weekend.

Our room is located on the second floor, so if you are bringing a setup you might want to find the elevator, or come to the room first, we should have luggage carts or something with wheels to help with moving them.

I have a couple of systems without games or memory cards, specifically gamecubes, so if you dont want to bring a full setup just bringing the game and memory card would be appreciated.

Finally, this is a big event and we are all smash players, so it is really easy to pick something up by accident thinking it is yours. Mark your things accordingly and keep an eye on them. I'll do my best to make sure things don't disappear, but there will be a ton of people here and i can't watch everyone.

Also, if you would like to assist with the event in anyway, we can always use the help. If you want to try your hand at commentary let our stream guy know, if you want to help with brackets and pools, you will have my undying gratitude. This wouldn't be possible without the support of the smash community.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
I know it's a bit late to ask questions, but is the gaming wristband for two days or just one? I'm entering Smash 4 and I'd like to spectate Brawl, maybe do some Brawl friendlies, but I'm kinda broke and don't want to spend $10 to watch a tourney I can stream from home.

Last edited:

the0nlykyd

Smash Rookie
Actually not sure about the wristband as far as reusability goes. We'll get with the guy running the convention and ask him and update you when we get an answer.

ATLdragon

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2122-8407-7784
So is there going to be a ultra street fighter 4 side tourney? If so will it cost? What console and what time and day.

the0nlykyd

Smash Rookie
I know it's a bit late to ask questions, but is the gaming wristband for two days or just one? I'm entering Smash 4 and I'd like to spectate Brawl, maybe do some Brawl friendlies, but I'm kinda broke and don't want to spend $10 to watch a tourney I can stream from home.
The wristbands are good all weekend, but you'll need to keep the one you get the first day.

So is there going to be a ultra street fighter 4 side tourney? If so will it cost? What console and what time and day.
Just Smash Bros games. No Street Fighter or other games will be included at our event. I don't know what other games will be offered at the Convention.

100AngryTurtles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AngryTurtles
When do Smash 4 pools actually start? On this thread it says sunday, on Facebook it says Saturday, and on smash.gg it says Saturday. Same thing with smash 4 doubles. When do they actually begin?

Top Bottom