• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 21, 2015] Hall of Gaming Smashing Monthly (Ft. Melee, Project M, Sm4sh) (Wallingford, CT)

MLGF

Smash Lord
11:00 AM Venue Opens
12:00 PM Sm4sh Singles Bracket
2:00 PM Project M Doubles Begins
3:30 PM Project M Bracket Begins
5:30 PM Melee Bracket Begins.
8:00 PM Melee Games: CT College vs Yale
We'll be using the standard HoG ruleset/stagelist for PM:
If you show up late for the event you're participating in, you won't be able to enter. No exceptions.

Price
Venue: 5$
PM: 5$
Melee: 5$
Sm4sh: 5$
Doubles 5$ per team [Link at bottom to explain]

Split
All games will have a 60/30/10 split.

Melee Ruleset
We'll be running the Apex ruleset for Melee:
http://www.apex-series.com/rules/melee/

We'll be running the standard four stock, eight minutes for Project M, with the following stagelist

Starters:
Green Hill
Stadium 2
Smashville
Battlefield
Dreamland

Counterpicks:
Final Destination
Skyworld
Norfair
Yoshi's Island Brawl
Wario Ware

There is a 1-2-1 stage striking with 2 bans per game.

We'll be running a two stock, six minute format, with the following stagelist.

Starters:
Battlefield
Smashville
Town and City
Lylat Cruise
Final Destination

Counterpicks:
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Kongo Jungle
Duck Hunt
Halberd

1-2-1 Stage Strikes, 2 Bans per game.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Changed times slightly, be sure to reread it to be sure when you want to appear!

Jakamu

Smash Rookie
I think we should change jungle japes to halberd for smash 4 and have 2 bans for the CP

MLGF

Smash Lord
I forgot I was adding Halberd, lol. Made this topic a little too early it seems.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Still keeping Jungle Japes, it's a solid Diddy Counter, which I think may be necessary for now, I just decided to add Halberd and raise the strike number.

Last edited:

Dissent

Bananaman Formerly Known As Sails
NNID
dotDissent
I thought we were treating Smash 4 the same, why isn't there doubles? There's a few good MA players that won't come because of this.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Don't have time to run doubles for all three games, sadly (Hell, I didn't intend on running a crew battle until I was requested to host the Melee Games)
So I intend on alternating doubles between all three games for every monthly. I'm starting with PM because shots fired is the next week.

Last edited:

Dissent

Bananaman Formerly Known As Sails
NNID
dotDissent
That's a good way to get people to ignore this in the future, first impressions are key. For a region that's currently lacking social organization your tournament will remain to people as that one they don't go to because of no doubles even if you reinstate it at a later event.

One of the MA players is a persuasive top player with a vast amount of old local Brawl friends and could pull in many more interested parties. My advice? Start Smash 4 doubles at 12 and singles at 1:30. If you choose to do this, I can run the brackets for S4 if it's overwhelming.

Last edited:

crocaturtle

Smash Cadet
NNID
crocaturtle
Srry I'm kinda new to the smash scene.....but damn I realy wanted to attend a tourney soon.....

MLGF

Smash Lord
Lol, sorry. There's plenty of more coming soon however, so please don't lose faith yet!

MLGF

Smash Lord
Just show up at the venue before the event you're playing begins. These things are too small for me to hold a preregistration, lol.

crocaturtle

Smash Cadet
NNID
crocaturtle
Wait so its not to late to enter...I'm sorry if I'm not understanding correctly

Last edited:

crocaturtle

Smash Cadet
NNID
crocaturtle
Oh my.... I'm so srry lol...if I had jus looked at my calender i would have realized that lol..... btw when is the next tourney being held there....lol

MLGF

Smash Lord
Well, we're taking a little break from our biweeklies because of this tournament, so we'll be back to running out Wednesday weeklies on the Fourth of March, or this Thursday if you're playing Melee.

Last edited:

crocaturtle

Smash Cadet
NNID
crocaturtle
If I stopped by this weekend would you be willing to play sum friendlies

Top Bottom