• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 18, 2 PM EST] Impromptu Smash4 Viewer Tourney @ 2PM EST TODAY!

iHook

Smash Cadet
I have a snow day today from work, as I am sure many others do as well! Decided to host an online Smash4 tourney!

Will be streamed @ Twitch.tv/SuperSmashBrosWiiU.

1. Follow the channel (www.Twitch.tv/SuperSmashBrosWiiU)

2. Sign up Link: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/QfQZe4sEzW

3. Will go live at least an hour before start time. YOU MUST "CHECK IN" ON CHALLONGE. Check in will begin 30 minutes prior to the tourney.

Tourney: Not every match will be streamed. If your match/opponent is available, please just play it. I will specifically ask individuals who are preparing for a match if they would like to be on stream. The 3rd place match and Grand Finals are guaranteed to be streamed.

Prizes: Top 3 will get a spot on the stream "Tournament Wall of Fame" (Under Construction).
******************IF ENTRANT # EXCEEDS 50, THE WINNER WILL RECEIVE AN AMIIBO********************

Rules: The ruleset is very dumbed down and simple to encourage new players as well as veterans to enter and simply play a tournament instead of getting caught up in details (and for time reasons).

**SINGLE ELIMINATION**
1. 2 Stocks
2. 6 Minute timer
3. No Miis/Customs/Equipment
4. No items
5. For simplicity sake: Whoever the game declares as the winner of the match, is the winner. This also applies to sudden death. This means that Sudden death will be played out, and whoever wins, is the winner. I know this rule isn't perfect, but it is simple, and that is the name of the game ;)
6. Play one Best of 3 Set
7. Grand Finals AND 3rd place set will be Best of 5.
8. Report Scores to myself or an Admin in chat. If both players could confirm the outcome, that would be best.
9. If lag was an issue during your match, I am sorry, but there is nothing I can do about that. Again, refer to rule 5 above.

Stages: Again, this list is so limited to encourage simplicity and play-time rather than wasting time in chat, in lobbies etc.

1. The ONLY stages that can be played in this tournament are Smashville, Battlefield, and Final Destination.
2. If both players agree on ANY other stage, they may play on it.
3. Winner DOES NOT get to ban a stage.
4. Loser of game 1 picks stage for game 2. Loser of game 2 picks stage for game 3. (and further in Bo5)

Further Questions? Feel free to ask here, or in chat when we go live (www.Twitch.tv/SuperSmashBrosWiiU). Please do not message me questions on Twitch because I more than likely will not read them until it is too late.

Last edited:
Top Bottom