• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 17, 2015] Provo Game Den Weekly (Provo, UT)

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
SCHEDULE
------------------
Every Tuesday!

06:00pm - venue opens
07:00pm - tournament 1 starts
09:00pm - tournament 2 starts

1st week of the month:
- tournament 1 is melee singles
- tournament 2 is wii u singles
2nd week of the month:
- tournament 1 is project m singles
- tournament 2 is wii u teams
3rd week of the month:
- tournament 1 is wii u singles
- tournament 2 is melee singles
4th week of the month:
- tournament 1 is wii u teams
- tournament 2 is project m singles
5th week of the month:
- TBA

Game Den (Provo)
2255 N University Pkwy #43
Provo, UT 84604

Look for it on the west side
of the shopping center
where the Walmart is located.

LINKS
----------
Livestream: http://www.twitch.tv/gamersabbey
Bracket: http://challonge.com/pgdwYYMMDDG where YY is two-digit year, MM is two-digit month, DD is two-digit day, and G is game abbreviation (melee is m, project m is pm, wii u singles is ws, wii u teams is wt)
Past Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTW8ZlOabh31ONGl2c7CtUQ/playlists

FEES
---------
$5 Venue Fee (waived if you bring a wii u console, smash for wii u with everything unlocked, and a gamecube adapter)
$3 Tournament Buy-ins

ADDITIONAL INFO
----------------------------
Tournaments will be swiss-style meaning there is no player elimination.

MrJeff

Smash Cadet
Thinking about coming this next Tuesday. Concerning bringing a Wii U, does "everything unlocked" mean characters, or are we talking about custom moves as well?

Also, I can't be there at 6:00, but I'm assuming that's fine as long as I can be there by 7:00, right?

Last edited:

nqztv

Smash Journeyman
sorry, i missed your post. were you there last week? if you come again, come talk to me. i'm the asian guy in glasses ;-).

MrJeff

Smash Cadet
sorry, i missed your post. were you there last week? if you come again, come talk to me. i'm the asian guy in glasses ;-).
I didn't come. I decided to come on March 10. My schedule doesn't permit me to come every week, so I've got to pick and choose. I will be sure to look for you and say hi. Unfortunately I don't know how to pronounce your gamer tag...

Anyways, regarding bringing a Wii U, does it need custom moves? I saw Tsutseto's post about the big SLC tourney in March (I forget what it's called) that custom moves were not required to be unlocked, so I'm assuming it's the same.

Also, how long do the tournaments typically last? I would like to stay for both.

Top Bottom