• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Feb 12, 2015] Over the Horizons! (Lowell, MA)

jsmoe

Smash Cadet
NNID
jsmoe495
Come Sm4sh it up with the crew down at Electronic Horizon!

Double Elimination Bracket
Just $8 to enter ($5 entry / $3 venue)
Check in starts at 6PM EST Ask for Kacie
We hope to see you there!

Setups are appreciated. WE NOW HAVE A GC ADAPTER
Stagelist

Starter Stages
● Battlefield
● Final Destination
● Smashville

Counterpick Stages
● Castle Siege
● Delfino Plaza
● Halberd
● Lylat Cruise
● Town & City
● Omega Stages*

DSR ENABLED (Dave's Stupid Rule: A player may not select a stage that He/She has already won on in the set)

How to play :
At the beginning of the set both players will play rock paper scissors for first strike.
Once characters have been selected the player with first strike will strike one of the neutral stages the other player will then strike one of the remaining stages and the match will ensue on the remaining stage

After the winner has been decided and any character swaps were made, the winner then bans 2 stages from stagelist
NOTE: Banning any omega also bans FD. The loser of the last match will then pick a stage from the
renaming stages

Repeat as necessary

Last edited:

TreeFire80

Smash Cadet
Its the apex stagelist
Then you are mistaken. Duck Hunt is indeed legal per page 15 of the official rulebook:

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74563582/Apex/Apex2015_Rulebook.pdf

Last edited:

Dissent

Bananaman Formerly Known As Sails
NNID
dotDissent
Really wish this was a weekend tournament. We have two biweeklies only on weekdays and now this also is on a weekday. It's really hard for those of us with full time jobs or school to make time for these if they're a large distance away (I believe this place is 2 hours from me).

jsmoe

Smash Cadet
NNID
jsmoe495
It was on Saturday up until a week ago. We didn't have more than 3 people though so we are trying it during the week. if we get more of an interest that requires us to move back to Saturday we have no issues with it. At the moment though we haven seen many who want to come during the weekend.

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
I'd come if it were on Saturday or Sunday. And I could bring a setup with an adapter. I live in Acton, MA.

Dissent

NNID
dotDissent
I'm sorry to hear that. The problem with this region is that it's confined mostly on Facebook. There are groups called things like New England Smash, New England Smash 4, New England Melee, CT Smash, Hall of Gaming, Game Underground Smashing Ground, Underworld Gamez...It's disjointed, they're closed groups, HoG, GU and UG only post on their pages and they don't come over here/to other groups to hype tournaments or even notice the ones that aren't posted on FB. Then, turnouts are low and I end up getting people asking me on Reddit/here/at tournaments why this region appears dead. It's stupid and something I have been working towards fixing, but the old Brawl players refuse to go back to how things used to be.

jsmoe

Smash Cadet
NNID
jsmoe495
I'm sorry to hear that. The problem with this region is that it's confined mostly on Facebook. There are groups called things like New England Smash, New England Smash 4, New England Melee, CT Smash, Hall of Gaming, Game Underground Smashing Ground, Underworld Gamez...It's disjointed, they're closed groups, HoG, GU and UG only post on their pages and they don't come over here/to other groups to hype tournaments or even notice the ones that aren't posted on FB. Then, turnouts are low and I end up getting people asking me on Reddit/here/at tournaments why this region appears dead. It's stupid and something I have been working towards fixing, but the old Brawl players refuse to go back to how things used to be.
I would definitely be in if you wanted help trying to get the scene off its feet, thats the whole reason i am helping this place host these. Just one person posting on the fb groups isnt enough to get the peoples attention though

Prawn

Smash Master
The problem with attendance is everybody who goes/hosts tournaments. If the scene is dead it's all our faults.

That being said might be here with a setup

Dissent

NNID
dotDissent
Even just snow on the ground + Eastern MA is grounds for a bad time, most players around there aren't drivers or are busy weeknights. I can't make it, the distance is too great for a weekday tournament and I don't have a vehicle with heat at the moment...

Prawn

Smash Master
What time does it actually start im going to be late i have a setup

jsmoe

Smash Cadet
NNID
jsmoe495
What time does it actually start im going to be late i have a setup
It officially starts at 7 but its usually starts when we have enough people

EDIT:also if we have a few more people show interest in a weekend tourney ill see if we can do a test run on Saturdays again (but it would have to be successful in order to change the weeklies date)

Last edited:

Prawn

Smash Master
Couldn't make it last night. Too tired. Honestly, if you didn't mind me taking the reigns I think I could TO a very successful and well attended monthly Saturday tournament in the lowell area. Private message me if you're interested.

Tournament organizing and promotion is all a matter of persistence and knowing what channels to go through. It has nothing to do with the "dead" scene, if the scene is dead then fix it.

If you give me a chance to help run a tournament here on a Saturday i am confident I can raise a lot of money for the venue and run a successful tournament. Been playing smash and hosting for about 5 years on and off. Please get in touch if you're interested

Last edited:

Prawn

Smash Master
Please please consider my offer, im not trying to step on any toes or criticize anyone, I just know that in the right location like lowell I could build something successful if given the chance

Last edited:

PWNAGEPOLICE

Smash Cadet
NNID
WellWisherELF
I also believe Saturday would be great. There's a distinct lack of Saturday tournaments in Central/Eastern, MA

jsmoe

Smash Cadet
NNID
jsmoe495
Alright, lets see what we can do. Ill set something up in the meantime anyone interested in advertising or just helping out shoot me a PM. i get out at noon today i can start putting the irons where they need to be, IN THE FIRE

Top Bottom