• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fears

Burgy

Minion Lover <3
NNID
BurgySama
3DS FC
2766-9016-5287
What are some of the fears you have? Simple.

My biggest fear is outer space, the big black mass of unknown. What is actually out there? We'll never know for a long time. Disease, aliens, what?
I fear loneliness. I fear being forgotten. I fear being disliked, I fear screwing up. I am scared of what the future could hold because i'm not ready in the slightest. And I guess big bugs scare me, but you know.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
@ Burgy Burgy Fearing being disliked is normal you don't wake up every morning to impress everybody. Also screwing up its also normal nobody is perfect we all make mistakes in this world.

My fear is my sister she got monster inside her but she's got a nice personality outside.

Zelduh!

Smash Cadet
Giant house spiders are my biggest fear, my sister had a huge one on her bedroom wall yesterday and it made me cry like a little girl. Not far behind that one in the bathroom next door was a smaller but still large one presumably the male. That and I have social phobia (social anxiety) so a fear of embarrassment.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Acrophobia (fear of heights) and vermiphobia (fear of worms).

Funny enough, I'm quite content with common fears such as clowns, spiders, germs and dogs.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Whenever I think about what I fear, the thought recedes from my mind. So I honestly do not know.

In the past I used to have acrophobia and an acute fear of loss/estrangement, but those have both since diminished. Heights merely make me feel uneasy, and losing people, in any sense of the word, just makes me pensive. More than I can understand.

I think about what I did wrong, or what I could've done better. And I think about that for years.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I just remembered a very specific, and quite unpleasant, fear of mine. I mentioned this in another thread before, but I think it's relevant to the topic at hand.

I am referring to the concept of being burned alive.

It isn't even the thought of being physically burned alive that scares me, since it's kind of a natural thing to be scared of and I know my nerve endings would burn up before I felt too much pain, but rather the experience of another person being burned alive. Obviously I have no experience with this in reality, but if it happens to a character in a movie or show, it just makes me gag. It's extremely uncomfortable to see and even more uncomfortable to hear.

I nearly cried at the furnace scene in Saw II. Ew ew ew ew.

The end of the Johnny Depp version of Sweeney Todd wasn't much better. helena bonham carter y u do dis

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Acrophobia (fear of heights) and vermiphobia (fear of worms).

Funny enough, I'm quite content with common fears such as clowns, spiders, germs and dogs.
I have Acrophobia as well , but I'm not afraid of worms. Other insects like moths, spiders and stinkbugs on the other hand....
Used to be afraid of bees. Spiders like tarantulas freak me out.

I have a terrible fear of aging (aka gerascophobia) and obesophobia (the fear of getting fat). I probably have one more but can't think of it at the moment. For the longest time I couldn't go down an escalator because of my fear of heights, and the optical illusion.

Burgy

Minion Lover <3
NNID
BurgySama
3DS FC
2766-9016-5287
I just remembered a very specific, and quite unpleasant, fear of mine. I mentioned this in another thread before, but I think it's relevant to the topic at hand.

I am referring to the concept of being burned alive.

It isn't even the thought of being physically burned alive that scares me, since it's kind of a natural thing to be scared of and I know my nerve endings would burn up before I felt too much pain, but rather the experience of another person being burned alive. Obviously I have no experience with this in reality, but if it happens to a character in a movie or show, it just makes me gag. It's extremely uncomfortable to see and even more uncomfortable to hear.

I nearly cried at the furnace scene in Saw II. Ew ew ew ew.

The end of the Johnny Depp version of Sweeney Todd wasn't much better. helena bonham carter y u do dis
I have that same reaction, oh my god. It's literally the worst.

Ununhexium

Smash Rookie
My biggest fear is oblivion. I just can't imagine ceasing to exist after death, like having a wonderful life and then becoming nothing, and eventually the world will forget about me.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Arachnophobia is a big one. I hate spiders. Ones that are unrealistic are ok, though.

Needles are another. I hate getting shots...

Hemophobia, the fear of blood, is another, but it's kinda minor.

I also have a tiny bit of death anxiety, as well as some ombrophobia, the fear of rain.

Last edited:

Burgy

Minion Lover <3
NNID
BurgySama
3DS FC
2766-9016-5287
My biggest fear is oblivion. I just can't imagine ceasing to exist after death, like having a wonderful life and then becoming nothing, and eventually the world will forget about me.
I often ponder about this to myself. There are always people around that are passing and I just think of what it would like to be in an eternity of nothing. It's so mysterious and sometimes alluring to me...

Last edited:

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
Aquaphobia (fear of water), astraphobia (fear of lightning) and acrophobia (fear of heights).

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Out of curiosity, I researched what the term for the fear of fear is.

Phobophobia. That's funny.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I meant like I don't want to cease to exist if that makes more sense
It does. It's a scary thought which our minds can't even begin to comprehend.

That said, the fear is more so focused on the thought that you wouldn't exist, since in practice, you wouldn't exist to fear it.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
I always feel weird when I talk to someone who is scared of spiders because, well, I'm not scared of them. I was told they are more afraid of you than you are of them. When I get close to a spider, they are the ones running away. Heck, I kinda like spiders. I even keep some around just so they can eat the bugs around the place. We have some jumping spiders around here too, and when I sit outside sometimes I would see a small one jump on my leg and it will just look around, its so cute.

Zelduh!

Smash Cadet
I always feel weird when I talk to someone who is scared of spiders because, well, I'm not scared of them. I was told they are more afraid of you than you are of them. When I get close to a spider, they are the ones running away. Heck, I kinda like spiders. I even keep some around just so they can eat the bugs around the place. We have some jumping spiders around here too, and when I sit outside sometimes I would see a small one jump on my leg and it will just look around, its so cute.
I'm not terrified of all spiders, my friend has a pet tarantula which I've held a few times and I was fine. The only spider I am scared of is the giant house spider AKA Eratigena atrica, however scared I am of them though I dislike killing them so I just ask someone to remove it. The problem is with most phobia's is that they are irrational and although you know it isn't going to harm you, you're still going to be scared of it anyway.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
Cute lil' guys...

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Heights and insects are not things I enjoy. I'd rather be on the ground where gravity has a low chance of killing me, in a cold climate area where there are fewer bugs.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Deep water, heights (and flying), darkness, bugs, dead bodies/bones.

There isn't much I'm not scared of. xD

D

Deleted member

I despise heights with a passion.

also, having loud noises at night

Albie83

Smash Apprentice
I have a fear of being stranded in the ocean for some reason. Just having no sense of direction without even knowing what is under you. I don't even live close to an ocean and I have nightmares about it sometimes.

D

Deleted member

Insects, spiders, and rats are my biggest phobia. I spasm and shiver when I see a very large one.

I also have a fear of height. Especially when I'm on top of a building/monument or on a large roller coaster.

I also have a small fear of the middle of the dark ocean. I can't swim first of all, and there are tons of strange creatures down deep. It's also prone to natural dangers such as rogue waves and being so... exposed in thunderstorms. Not to mention lack of resources for humans and the isolation.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
I also have a fear of height. Especially when I'm on top of a building/monument or on a large roller coaster.
Ah. For me, it's not as much of a fear of heights as it is a fear of falling...

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Gymnophobia, the fear of being nude. I just generally get uncomfortable being around someone who's nude but being nude myself is honestly really scary for me. I can't really explain it.

D

Deleted member

Heights and insects are not things I enjoy. I'd rather be on the ground where gravity has a low chance of killing me, in a cold climate area where there are fewer bugs.
These are two of my biggest fears. Couldn't agree more.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Wait...wasn't there a thread for this already?
Maybe it was in another subforum or it was just about phobias. Idk.

Well, I'll list mine anyway.

- Bottom of the ocean.
It's a cold, pitch-black, watery pit full of indescribable, occasionally vicious monsters that have never seen light, coming at you from every angle. Basically outer space with sharks, eels, leeches and god knows what else.
No. Thanks.

- Cockroaches. I have an irreversible phobia of them. Tiny ones are gross. Large ones are hell on earth.

- The phobia I mentioned in the other thread; fear of clusters of small holes or depressions.
Can't remember the name, but if I look it up there will be pictures, so please God don't make me do that again.

D

Deleted member

- The phobia I mentioned in the other thread; fear of clusters of small holes or depressions.
Can't remember the name, but if I look it up there will be pictures, so please God don't make me do that again.
It's called trypophobia. It's pretty unsettling, especially photoshopped lotus pods.

PrincessDoorknobs

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silent.Rhy
I forgot what this is called but I fear the unknown, I think maybe not as much anymore, on a lighter side I do fear stairs.

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
Glad so many people are deathly afraid of the Deep Sea.
As they should be.
I do not fear the Kraken. I embrace the Kraken.
But seriously, I'd love to explore the deep sea and deep space. Everything terrestrial is just so boring!

My fears aren't necessarily "phobias" since they aren't extremely debilitating:
  • Pitch black darkness, especially when paired with TV static or blue screens
  • GHOSTS. Paranormal things both fascinate and frighten me. I want to know, but I don't want to know.
  • Fear of losing people, accompanied with the fear of speaking my mind (because I'm afraid to lose people)
  • My own pessimism-- Being lost in a spiraling sea of negative thoughts.
  • At the same time, I'm afraid of being optimistic, because I fear having my hopes crushed.

Top Bottom