• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FC>Dair>grab help.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm trying out new ways to play and doing it smart as well. Try to take advantage of what Peach can really do. I have a Habit of Dsmashing alot. and it gets me owned. so Im trying to break that. So far I'm doing it less. slowly I'll get off the habit. I use to do FC>back air or Fair to Dsmash. thing is I would not pay mind to the shield and I would get shield grabbed (both links and samus.) or get attack out the shield and other ways I could be punish cause of it. So I decided to go by my what my title says. I grab after I FC N-air thier shield. and I'm fast enough to abuse the shield stun and grab them. Since the Average game people will expect is F-air or D-air to Dsmash. so I dont always do that. I go for the grab.

But here is my question I have doing that with the D-air . I know If I down air I can Grab at low %. Times if I cant reach I dash. But when they shield it and I try to grab them, they jump out the shield. Or when I hit them with it and I fast fall to a grab, they jump away before I grab them. Link is one I have problems doing it. Are some characters immune to this cause of their weight or something? I have been experimenting with this. So far this is what I do now and seems to work fine if done right:

- N-air to grab while they shield. Same if I hit them at low Percent.

- B-air to grab when they shield. Same at low percent.

- F-air to grab when they shield. I'm trying to F-air at low damage to a jab, then grab them. Its hard though for me.

The D-air if they shield of I hit them when it then or they shield it, they seem to jump out of it. Is it cause Im not spacing it too well? or can some characters break free before the grab. The only way I find this easy is if you D-air and then land in front of them and they expect a Dsmash. free grab and people fear the move that they will expect that.)

any advice on this? thanks in advance.

darkshy

Smash Ace
Is it possible that you could dair>nair
and then you can follow their moves to either a grab or something.Well actually no then they'll just either be knocked back or dodge roll. So scratch that.From what I read in your post the dair to grab would probably work if you can mind game your opponent to thinking you gonna D-smash. That's all I got.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You can FC D-air to N-air. If you hit. ( basic Peach Combo.) I mean when you hit thier shield with the Down air and fast fall it to a grab or when you fast all it, you end up hitting them, then going for the grab. And they tend to break free by jumping away.

darkshy

Smash Ace
I'm guessing that the dair then does not give off enough shield stun then. If your opponents seem to jump alot then mabey the dair>grab may not work. Mabey dair>FC fair>JC grab?

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Float cancelled Dair on shield does not stun your opponent enough so that you get a guaranteed grab.

They can jump, spotdodge, roll, etc.

The reason why it works on some people is because they expect some followup and they don't know that they can roll.

Top Bottom