• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favourite newcomer trailer

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
All the trailers are shown presumeably that mewtwo doesn't get one , which one do you like the best ? Mine is Megaman's

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Robin by miles. That trailer filled me with so much hype that I still feel it watching it now, months and more than 50 watches later.

I really liked Bowser Jr's too

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Robin's trailer made me really want to play as him. It got me hyped for him despite not knowing a single thing about Awakening. Not to mention I watched the stream expecting shulk only to be surprised. Which added more to the hype.

Duck Hunt comes in close, it was a really entertaining trailer. Despite knowing he was already playable, it still got me hyped.

Spirst

Duck Hunt, so far. I love the 8-bit animation and the overall humor present.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Easily Shulk's for me. The amount of Xenoblade fan-service was just staggering.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Easily Robin's. Not only is he/she my favorite newcomer by far, but I think the trailer itself is one of the best. Great action, good suspense, surprise value, made the characters seem awesome, had tons of references to the original game, had a beautiful art style... Practically perfect in every way. :estatic:

King Donkey Kong

Banned via Warnings
Lucina/Robin's...I saw Lucina confirmed...which I was "eh" about...because I wanted Robin (Magic and sword...different from the other FE characters)...and Captain Falcon was AWESOME...always loved that character, and then finally ROBIN! Just as I wanted him to be, especially with the female version playable too. And then Chrom not getting in was pretty funny, as he was expected.

randy2dope

Smash Journeyman
:4megaman:Megamans trailer was a dream of mine I have had since the melee reveal days and when I saw that I felt part of me was completed and I could die happy. I gotta say although I don't want it to be considered a " trailer " the mewtwo reveal was the same level of hype. Megaman still tops it in the end the only butthurt i have with him is no helmet less alt for him or protoman assist trophy.

16bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
imsl1msh4dy
3DS FC
3136-7059-5966
Little Mac's trailer was just so well done in my opinion. I felt that the animation style really captured the mood.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Between Palutena's and Little Mac's. I loved the Link fight in Palutena's. But I also think Doc Louis is one of the best icons to use ever.

Chase

Smash Ace
:4megaman: and :4pacman:. Can't beat the third-party trailers. :4duckhunt: and :mewtwopm:'s Smash Direct Reveal were pretty cool too.

Creativion

Smash Apprentice
Wow, you asking me to pick my favourite smash newcomer trailer?

That's like asking me to pick between children.

Anyway, my favourite's were Mega Man's, Palutena, Little Mac, and Robin/Lucina.

Agro_98

Smash Cadet
NNID
leafsfan98
Probably either the duck hunt or robin trailer. the duck hunt trailer had a lot of character and humour, but I loved the robin one as it kept the fire emblem awakening art style, and I really wanted robin in smash 4

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I really enjoyed the Mega Man trailer since it was so hype. Then there's the Little Mac, Lucina/Robin, and Shulk trailers too.

I'd also say Duck Hunt, but it was already known that he was in the game since it was post-release.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
Robin by miles. That trailer filled me with so much hype that I still feel it watching it now, months and more than 50 watches later.
funny, that is the exact opposite of how i feel about that trailer. it absolutely destroyed most of my hype for the game, and about 200 hours of my future playstyle i regret having to watch that misery and the glimpses of it in the opening.

anyways, for me ti was megaman. he has the best mix of surprise, hype and coolness, since every trailer failed in one of it's areas by either having a sucky character to begin with, or making the reveal Far too obvious (Mac, Shulk) or, you know, was an actual reveal trailer (unlike Jr's, we already knew it was happening)

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Robin's, as it filled me with the most hype and simultaneously revealed two characters I didn't know I always wanted until that point.

Extremely close second of Palutena's due to the hype of seeing her revealed at last, plus the art style is gorgeous and the fight scene is hella fun to watch~

D

Deleted member

Shulk's one made my life complete, even after getting spoiled with the ESRB leak.
Then the Robin and Lucina's one made me rather ecstatic as it both deconfirmed Gematsu and made me expecting Shulk but instead revealed my second most wanted character, so I would put those 2 trailers on the same level of satisfaction.

Honorable mentions to Mega Man's one (dat hype), Rosalina's one (dat magic), Little Mac's one (dat art style) and Duck Hunt's one (dat humor).

The others were either OK (Wii Fit Trainer's, Pac-Man's and Bowser Jr's) or underwhelming (Greninja's and Palutena's) IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Enrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kyurian86
God, that's a tough choice, for the sheer "OMG I think I just pee'd a little" it would have to be Megaman cause really who could have guessed that? The one with Captain Falcon in it was also pretty rad just because he was kicking so much ass.

Top Bottom